BARNSLEY residents who have been asked to self-isolate could receive a one-off support payment to help while you are off work.

The test and trace support payments are made available by Barnsley Council and will be available until New Year's Eve.

Residents could be entitled to a one-off payment of £500 to help provide support while under the self-isolation period.

The scheme is only available to residents who claim one of seven benefits; universal credit, working tax credit, income-related employment and support allowance, income-based jobseekers allowance, income support, pension credit, housing benefit.

You will be able to apply for the support payment each time you are notified by NHS test and trace that you need to self-isolate

To find out how to apply for the scheme, click here.