A NUMBER of events will take place in Barnsley over the next few months in the run up the the UN’s COP26 climate change conference.
Barnsley Council is encouraging residents to get involved in the events, which include webinars and volunteering days.
The current list of events is listed below - though it may be updated over the coming weeks.
- Go green and save money at home 5.30pm - Wednesday October 6
- Infant feeding and climate change 12pm - Wednesday October 13
- Energise Barnsley on decarbonising housing 5.30pm - Wednesday October 13
- Active travel: ‘Little changes, big impacts’ 5.30pm - Wednesday October 20
- Barnsley Council and climate change 5.30pm - Wednesday October 20
- Cannon Hall hedge trimming and habitat piles creation 9.30am - 3.30pm - Wednesday November 10
Coun Chris Lamb, cabinet spokesperson for environment and transport, added: “Sustainable Barnsley is one of the key themes of our vision for what we want Barnsley to be like by 2030 and we’ve set ambitious goals to reduce our carbon emissions by 80 per cent by the year 2030, and to net zero by 2040.
“I invite you to get involved with our events and find out about the great work the council is doing to achieve these goals, as well as picking up some tips and advice on how you could reduce your own carbon footprint while saving money too.”