FIRE crews from Dearne and Edlington stations were called to a kitchen fire in Swinton over the weekend - it marks the fifth fire reported to the team last week.

 

Crews arrived at 2am on Saturday (December 12) to tackle the blaze on Fitzwilliam Street, which is believed to have started accidentally.

 

Fortunately, no-one was hurt.

 

Earlier this week, firefighters across the borough were called other fires including a tumble dryer fire on Stainton Close in New Lodge on Tuesday (December 8) and a car fire on Thursday (December 10) on Mill View in Bolton-upon-Dearne.