BARNSLEY Council’s public health bosses have backed an urgent safety alert regarding baby self-feeding pillows.
The products are designed to be attached to a bottle so the baby can feed itself.
Anyone who has one is urged to stop using it immediately.
A spokesperson said: “The OPSS has identified that this category of product will always be dangerous due to its design and intended use and can never be made safe.
“This is because when used as intended, even while under the supervision of a caregiver, it could lead to immediate, serious harm or death from choking or aspiration pneumonia (when drink or food enters the lungs instead of the stomach).
“Businesses selling these products must immediately remove them from the market as they cannot comply with the safety requirements under the General Product Safety Regulations 2005.
“If you see any on sale, please let our Regulatory Services Team know by emailing email@example.com so they can report it on to the OPSS.”