IT’S BACK! Animal Crackers is returning for the fourth consecutive year and we need your help to make this year’s the best yet!
Not sure what Animal Crackers is? Here’s what we’re doing...
We want to collect food, toys and accessories for the animals that need them the most - and we’ll be splitting the donations between local animal charities who work tirelessly to provide care to our furry friends.
Our chosen charities this year are as follows:
- Barnsley and District Animal Welfare
- Barnsley RSPCA
- Royston Animal Welfare
- Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity
- RADAR Dog Rescue
- Willow Dog Rescue
We’ve teamed up with local businesses to act as drop-off points, where you can leave your donations for our furry friends.
All you have to do is take your donation into the drop off point and we’ll do the rest.
The drop-off points are as follows:
- Barnsley Chronicle Front Counter, 47 Church Street, S70 2AS
- Mapplewell and Staincross Village Hall, Darton Lane, S75 6AL
- Walkers Newsagents, High Street, Hoyland, S36 6BZ
- Andy’s News, Barnsley Road, Goldthorpe, S74 9AB
- Cookes Pet Supplies, Wakefield Road, Barnsley, S72 8JN
- Co-op, Barnsley Rd, Cudworth, Barnsley S72 8JJ
- Budgens, Pogmoor Road, S75 2EE
- Budgens, Barnsley Road, Dodworth, S75 3JR
We are after the following:
- New Blankets
- New Throws
- New Beds
(Please note charities cannot accepts Duvets)
We’ve been running the campaign for the last three years and we’ve donated thousands of pounds worth of goodies. We want to beat what we collected last year and do even more this year.
Let’s show Barnsley’s animals how much we care!
We will be collecting donations until Friday December 20