A PILOT scheme aimed at giving people face-to-face contact with support services in Barnsley was launched this week.
The ‘Talking Point’ programme, a partnership between Barnsley Council and social care, housing, police and health services, hopes to give residents a better idea of what support is available in order for them to improve their own independence and wellbeing.
The project’s pilot scheme, targeting the Dearne, was launched at Goldthorpe Library yesterday and will see further drop-in sessions rolled out in Thurnscoe and Goldthorpe.
Coun Jenny Platts, cabinet spokesman, said: "This initiative is a brilliant way for residents to make sure that they can access the support and guidance that they require from a range of services working together in one place.”
The next session is on Saturday October 26, Big Local Thurnscoe - St Helen’s Church Hall, 11am-4pm.
* Thursday 14 November, Snap Tin Cafe, Goldthorpe,10am-noon
* Monday 25 November, Salvation Army, Goldthorpe, 10am - noon
* Monday 9 December, Thurnscoe Library, 10am - noon
* Wednesday 18 December, Cherry Tree Court, 10am - 1pm
* Monday 6 January, Goldthorpe Medical Centre, 10am - noon
* Thursday 23 January, Goldthorpe Library, 10am - noon