AS Christmas fast approaches you may be worried about picking up your prescription. Don’t worry, a number of Barnsley pharmacies will remain open over Christmas.
Most GP practices and pharmacy opening hours are likely to be different from normal.
However, these pharmacies around Barnsley will be open and accessible on Christmas Day:
- A M Clarke, Market Place, Penistone, 10am-noon.
- Silkstone Pharmacy, High Street, Silkstone, 11am-3pm.
- Rotherham Road Pharmacy, Great Houghton, 2pm-6pm.
On Boxing Day, pharmacies across the borough will be open on usual Saturday hours.
A handful of pharmacies will continue to remain open on Bank Holiday Monday, December 28:
- ASDA Pharmacy, Old Mill Lane, 9am-6pm.
- Tesco Pharmacy, Wombwell Lane, 9am-1pm.
- Boots, Cheapside, 10am-4pm.
- Morrison’s, Cortonwood Retail Park, 10am-4pm.
- Boots, Unit 2 Cortonwood Retail Park, 10am-4pm.
People can also contact the NHS 111 service if they have an urgent medical problem and are not sure what to do.