Fan sets up Rimmington stand petition

Wednesday January 18 2017

Norman Rimmington Norman Rimmington

A BARNSLEY fan has set up a petition to have a stand at Oakwell named after Reds legend Norman Rimmington.

Aaron Davis set up the petition after the Tykes legend passed away aged 93 in late December.

To sign the petition, click here.

Reply Posted by Keri Mckenna on Wednesday January 18 2017 at 12:22
My partner Martin Cranie played for Barnsley for 3 years. He had nothing but respect and admiration for Rimmo. He deserves this and so much more.

Reply Posted by Frank brown on Wednesday January 18 2017 at 13:12
Amazing memory for my father in law.

Reply Posted by anthony lunn on Wednesday January 18 2017 at 14:01
A stand for rimmo what a tribute to such a gentleman.mr barnsley.

Reply Posted by Janice Elvin on Wednesday January 18 2017 at 14:47
The stand is so old no one will want to sponsor it so naming it permantly after Norman would be a fitting tribute. I bet most of his best memories would have taken place from that stand x

Reply Posted by Jayne on Wednesday January 18 2017 at 16:15
I personally think the academy should be called the Norman rimmingtion academy. Plus a statue of him as well. B.F.C is at a loss without this man and his years of hard work deserve every bit of praise. How great if they named the academy after him

Reply Posted by Greg Gardham on Wednesday January 18 2017 at 18:16
There will never be another Norman please remember him by naming a stand that will remain for years to come he's a true legend

Reply Posted by Big Rich on Wednesday January 18 2017 at 23:43
Rename the east stand Norman Rimmington Stand

Reply Posted by Chris Witney on Thursday January 19 2017 at 06:32
Yea to the stamd

Reply Posted by Kevin fisher on Thursday January 19 2017 at 07:21
Brilliant gesture...

Reply Posted by Robdought on Friday January 20 2017 at 19:37
Unbelievable a Petition I'm not the alphabet police by far but surly saying its a petition is a bit far fetched.

This man was a legend at Oakwell and will always be remembered by all Barnsley fans current ex players etc.

They is no body in the town that would not name a stand after this gentleman. I'm sure the top notch at Oakwell are considering it already.

If it does not happen and I doubt it won't then there's a need for a petition.

Reply Posted by Robdought on Friday January 20 2017 at 19:50
My 7 year old granddaughter has just educated me see says the word Petition also meas to "request" or "to ask". There you go I'm wrong again having said that I'm a 38 degrees member I will sign the petion with out any question and get my mates to sign tommoro when we go out for a pint.

Get signing everyone.