Bin collections to change over Christmas

Friday December 16 2016

Bin collections will change over Christmas Bin collections will change over Christmas

BIN COLLECTIONS will change over the Christmas period.

All waste and recycling collections scheduled for Wednesday 28, Thursday 29 and Friday 30 December will take place as normal.

However, there are some amends to collection dates scheduled on Tuesday 27 December.

Scheduled collections due to take place on this date have been adjusted as follows:

Grey bin collections due on Tuesday December 27 will instead take place on Wednesday December 28.

Blue/white sack collections due on Tuesday December 27 will take place on Thursday December 29.

Brown bin collections due on Tuesday December 27 will take place on Friday December 30.

This affects collections in the following areas:

Dodworth, Silkstone Common, Silkstone, Cawthorne, Hoylandswaine, Oxspring, Thurgoland, Penistone, Wilthorpe, Honeywell, Darton, Kexborough, Higham, Barugh Green and Gawber.

Following these changes, collections will revert back to the usual collection day.

The council says residents in these areas should check their collection calendars to ensure their bins are presented for collection on the correct day.

There will be no collections of green bins during December, January and February.

Reply Posted by X on Friday December 16 2016 at 15:10
Why does green bins need to stop till Feb

Reply Posted by Y on Friday December 16 2016 at 15:37
I suppose because not many people are doing gardening to fill the green bins during the winter months. Some people who tend their gardens will have a bit of waste for composting. Other people who are doing a big garden clear up eg if they have moved into a new home, can take their green waste to a recycling centre.

Reply Posted by patricia shaw on Friday December 16 2016 at 15:20
I presume those bins that are empty on Friday NO change Thanks Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all our hard working Bin men

Reply Posted by Kath campbell on Friday December 16 2016 at 18:20
I garden all winter I have to go to dumpit with the green waste you can't leave it because it starts to rot and smell my bin is split and I'm not paying to have a new one I can't fault the service from our collections the men who come here are always friendly I've never had a problem with any of my bins being emptied

Reply Posted by Mystery on Saturday December 17 2016 at 07:40
You mean your green waste starts to compost. Free compost for next season. Don't see your problem. You're actually saving you money instead of getting money for the council.

Reply Posted by Alan T Ichtmarsh on Saturday December 17 2016 at 13:38
Kath Campbell - you must have a hell of a garden, if you are gardening all year long and having to take your green waste to recycling over 3 winter months. What do you have growing from November to February???
If your green bin is split you will have to pay for a new one, did you pay for the first one or was it provided.If you are gardening on an industrial scale like you describe, surely you can buy a new green bin.

Reply Posted by Jordan stoker on Saturday December 17 2016 at 12:49
Sounds like we're all robots, how do I know which bin to put out when I can be bothered anyway

Reply Posted by Amy on Saturday December 17 2016 at 15:16
I have just moved to shawlane Barnsley. Just wondering what bin collection days are, thanks

Reply Posted by @amy on Tuesday December 20 2016 at 15:42
Have you tried looking on BMBC website or ringing them?

Reply Posted by steve on Saturday December 17 2016 at 19:21
they should be a least 1 green collection in january,,x-mas trees

Reply Posted by St Nicola on Sunday December 18 2016 at 15:20
Christmas trees don't go in the green bins (there's usually a special collection for them the real ones, not the artificial ones.)

Love and peace in the spirit of Christmas.

Reply Posted by June Howard on Sunday December 18 2016 at 18:19
What about the communal bins at Sunrise Manor - Off Guest St, Hoyland, when do they get emptied please

Reply Posted by Ianthetrog on Sunday December 18 2016 at 20:24
Blue bin collection in Higham This post says its on Thursday 29th but collection calendar says its Friday 30th.
Which is correct?

Reply Posted by @ianthetrog on Tuesday December 20 2016 at 15:43
Have you tried looking on the council website?

Reply Posted by june on Monday December 19 2016 at 10:40
How do we get rid of a real Xmas tree just seen you
cannot put it in green bin

Reply Posted by Bin Police on Wednesday December 21 2016 at 22:09
I got fed up with the council changing dates missing bin collections for weeks.In the end I got my jigsaw out cut the Blue.Brown and Green bins in to small pieces and placed them all in the Grey bin that was 18 months ago problemn solved.

On another note my Elderley neighbour who used to have a weekly collection of yellow bags collected for medical wasted for example urine pads etc.

This service has now being withdrawn by the council for hom and thousands of Elderley and disabled people in Barnsley.The service has been cut due to funding. What abour hygiene the council has told these people to put there waste in the GREY bin.

Also the council intend to remove all dog fouling bins in the borough and again use your grey bin or somebody else's if you are bothered to pick it up and pop it in.

I'm sure your neighbours won't mind you putting dog poo in there bins for 2 weeks between collections.

So there you go more people made redundant and a Council Tax rise due for everyone in Barnsley in April at least £60 more every year.

Reply Posted by Eric Emery on Thursday December 29 2016 at 17:58
No great bin collection today I see.Wonder why.

Reply Posted by Eric on Thursday December 29 2016 at 18:17
My last comment was ment to say gray bin
Dispite the pamphlet saying bin collection in goldthorpe should be normal.(We did not have one).Well I suppose it is.

Reply Posted by Kim on Thursday December 29 2016 at 18:58
Grey bin collection day changed to Wednesday 28th.. No collection.. More pple seemed to put their bins out Tuesday night so followed suit.. Spotted the bin man pass my house at 6:30am this morning.. Didn't stop on our street instead stopped on a side street picked up some bins and went on his jolly way back past my house not stopping at any bins along they way... It's now 7pm and my bin still hasn't been emptied... I shall be making a complaint!