Alhambra offers shoppers chance to win Christmas shopping

Thursday November 17 2016

The Alhambra The Alhambra

THE ALHAMBRA is giving some of its customers the chance to have their Christmas shopping paid for in the run up to Christmas.

Every Wednesday and Friday between 6pm-8pm from November 23 until December 16 (totalling eight nights), a member of the Alhambra management staff will be out in the Centre looking for a Christmas shopper.

Those who are spotted will have their shopping paid for there and then - but only if they're in the Centre between 6pm-8pm.

The Centre has also announced that parking will be free after 3pm throughout December.

Reply Posted by Laura on Thursday November 17 2016 at 09:26
ooooooo exiting stuff
hope i get picked

Reply Posted by Sharnnie on Thursday November 17 2016 at 12:54
Who is actually going to be doing there shopping in the town center at this time when you can't even shop in the day time without been intimidatedited by the dirty drug takers or local **** heads

Reply Posted by thegrimreaper on Thursday November 17 2016 at 16:24
Yes , the town is full of filth , many are from foreign shores too!

Reply Posted by Teresa Green on Thursday November 17 2016 at 18:52
Well I will, for one, as I work till 5.30 all week so it will be nice to do some shopping locally after work. instead of doing everything on a Saturday or driving to Meadowhall for late night shopping. 6 till 8 pm is hardly late! And there is security in the Alhambra centre.

Reply Posted by John on Friday November 18 2016 at 12:12
Quite a few actually Sharnnie. Called in town Weds night and it was packed.

Reply Posted by Really? on Friday November 18 2016 at 18:32
Really? do you go round asking people where they come from?

Reply Posted by excited on Thursday November 17 2016 at 16:49
alot off people may like to do there shopping at night as they may be workin through the day...... plus it will not be as hetic as thro the day !!!!!

Reply Posted by excited on Friday November 18 2016 at 20:16
same her teresa green i..... i also work till 5:30... i agree with you its such a rush about so its good that its opened late for them people who work

Reply Posted by lisa murphy on Saturday November 19 2016 at 10:19
I will be late night shopping and I carnt wait and for people who are worried about the drug takers tell them to get lost

Reply Posted by Teresa Green on Saturday November 19 2016 at 13:54
Exactly Lisa Murphy, nobody has to feel intimidated in a public place eg Peel Square, Market Hill, Alhambra by people who are drunk or off their faces. some people should just go out wearing blinkers so they can't see this sort of person or activity, they are harming themselves, nobody else.

Reply Posted by lola on Saturday November 19 2016 at 19:00
You see the thing is they are harming their families, I know this because my eldest son is one of these drug takers. At the other end of the scale, my youngest son has just gained a first class degree and is a hard working individual just like him mum, Do you get my point?

Reply Posted by Lola on Saturday November 19 2016 at 19:01
Sorry * his

Reply Posted by Teresa Green on Monday November 21 2016 at 16:28
I get your point Iola but should this stop people from wanting to go late night shopping at the Alhambra before Christmas?

Reply Posted by Shopper on Tuesday November 22 2016 at 15:41
I think it is a nice idea. I will go a couple of times after work I am sure. I will take the kids too as it is a safe environment and somewhere festive to go on the dark evenings. Parking will be free. I don't know why anyone is on about feeling intimidated. If you thought that you would never leave your house. Perhaps some people don't.

Reply Posted by yorkshire lady on Wednesday November 23 2016 at 20:59
Called in the Mall today. Well done Alhambra, lovely lights and decorations, felt like Christmas and a lovely Santa Grotto - FAB. Very busy with Christmas shoppers- a really nice atmosphere- just what we need.

Reply Posted by Shopper on Friday November 25 2016 at 19:43
Very nice at the Alhambra this evening. The decorations etc are well done and it was a nice atmosphere on a dark November evening. It felt Christmassy for the kids and it was good to see some smiling faces after a busy not so smily week at work!

ipso Regulated