Fans organise tribute to Patrick Cryne

Tuesday November 8 2016

Patrick Cryne Patrick Cryne

BARNSLEY fans have organised a tribute to club owner Patrick Cryne, who was diagnosed with cancer earlier this week.

In the 80th minute of the Reds' game against Wigan at Oakwell on November 19, fans will turn on their phone lights to pay tribute to Cryne, who has been at the club since 2003.

Barnsley fan Michael Sykes, wrote on Facebook: "We want to show our support and gratitude to Patrick Cryne and his family as they battle through Patrick's illness.

"I think this is a fantastic idea so please spread the word to other fans and show this man what he means to us."

Reply Posted by Phil Hall on Tuesday November 8 2016 at 16:22
You can donate to MacMillan Cancer Support here;

www.justgiving.com/fundraising/BFCforPatrick

Reply Posted by Annie on Wednesday November 9 2016 at 12:05
Donated just now on Just Giving, MacMillan, for Patrick.

Reply Posted by Annie on Wednesday November 9 2016 at 12:28
Phil Hall - this link to Justgiving.com/fundraising/BFCforPatrick didn't work for me just now...will re try.

Reply Posted by Annie on Wednesday November 9 2016 at 12:40
Sorry Phil, I followed the link via the club page and it went through, good luck.

Reply Posted by PRD on Tuesday November 8 2016 at 22:11
I would have liked to have seen a huge flag hanging from the east stand with a pitcher of Patrick and the words GET WELL SOON PATRICK HE'S ONE OF OUR OWN.

Reply Posted by OAP on Wednesday November 9 2016 at 14:48
PRD, pitcher? Surely you mean PICTURE?? LOL! Hope the money pours in. A worthy cause.

Reply Posted by Sithi on Thursday November 10 2016 at 12:05
www.crowdfunder.co.uk/patrick-cryne-flag

Reply Posted by aol on Friday November 11 2016 at 15:56
Support the flag appeal the crowdfunder is at 70%. Paste

www.crowdfunder.co.uk/patrick-cryne-flag

into a search engine or the bar at the top of your screen. Thanks.

Reply Posted by PRD on Thursday November 10 2016 at 22:03
to OAP. I have had problems with reading writing and spelling all my life. so I really don't need an ignorant stupid moron like you to point out the obvious. yes I made a spelling mistake but as long as you found it funny enough to LOL then I suppose its ok. this short post took me 50min to write because I didn't want to make a spelling mistake that would have you on the floor laughing. if you put half the effort into making a sensible reply to my first post instead of having a dig at my spelling we might have achieved something.

Reply Posted by Reality on Sunday November 13 2016 at 17:26
PRD, you are over sensitive. Lots of people can't spell. Spell check is a help, but who cares. Raising funds for Macmillan is more important and showing support and respect to Patrick.

Reply Posted by OAP on Friday November 11 2016 at 09:37
PRD. Please accept my apologies? I thought the comment would be taken in the manner it was intended. No offence was meant. Sorry.

Reply Posted by Bob on Friday November 11 2016 at 18:53
Why does somebody always have to be a comedian and cast a shadow on everything that gets put up on this site? Get well soon pat. PRD respect to you brother

Reply Posted by Mark on Saturday November 12 2016 at 20:56
Wishing Patrick all the very best on his struggle in the coming months. One hell of a lot of Barnsley fans will be wishing the same. I'm sure a lot of money will be raised in his name. The idea of a flag is a truly fine one. Good luck with everything fans.

Reply Posted by PRD on Saturday November 12 2016 at 21:54
according to Barnsley fans bbs site the fans have raised £723 towards a flag. a great effort well done to all involved. best wishes to you and your family and get well soon Patrick.

Reply Posted by PRD on Sunday November 13 2016 at 21:58
to reality.. I agree spell check is great but sometimes you just try to do it without the aid. but it just doesn't always work. and when you get pulled up for making a mistake that's when you lose confidence. that was my only point