Cat attacked in Hoyland

Tuesday October 11 2016

Skittles Skittles

A BARNSLEY woman has been left distraught after her cat was attacked in Hoyland - leaving her pet with a broken jaw.

Amanda Bell says her cat, Skittles, was attacked last Monday (October 3).

Skittles suffered a broken jaw, and has had to have an operation to wire it back together.

Skittles will also need another operation in a few months time to help repair the damage - costing Amanda hundreds of pounds in vets' bills.

Amanda said: "It's absolutely disgusting that people are deliberately hurting defenceless animals.

"My children are heartbroken their pet has had to go through this."

The attack follows a similar story in the Barnsley Chronicle, where a family's cat was attacked on Beckett Street.

Reply Posted by Wraggy on Tuesday October 11 2016 at 21:17
I think it's disgusting they need to be caught and the same done to them

Reply Posted by mummy on Wednesday October 12 2016 at 09:38
how would u like it rita if some one did that to your pet ... its absolutly discustin

Reply Posted by Reece on Wednesday October 12 2016 at 10:45
Well not being funny but anything could have happened to the cat by the sounds of it no one saw this happen otherwise they would have covered that in the story so maybe it got ran over maybe it got a fight with a dog many possibilities.

Reply Posted by Dave G on Sunday October 23 2016 at 11:13
You're probably right Reece .. but don't expect the cat owners to agree with you .. it's all one way traffic to them pal.

Reply Posted by Anon on Saturday October 15 2016 at 14:47
there is a strong link between people who hurt animals deliberately and people who hurt children, often their own children, so I don't think anybody should be finding it a big joke.

Reply Posted by Dave G on Sunday October 23 2016 at 11:02
And where is this strong link you talk about ? Do tell .

Reply Posted by 123 on Saturday October 15 2016 at 21:25
Rita, you are a disgusting excuse for a human being. You should be ashamed of yourself. Anybody who hurts a defenceless animal is not fit to breath the same air. Hang your head in shame you pathetic excuse for a human being.

Reply Posted by maria on Sunday October 16 2016 at 18:32
well said 1223

Reply Posted by Dave G on Sunday October 23 2016 at 11:11
I'm assuming that you own a cat ? Does the poor defenceless wildlife in my back garden qualify ? If you are a cat owner you most likely aren't an animal lover ( unless you keep house cats ) .. that, i'm afraid is the uncomfortable truth, you probably have no empathy at all with the countless millions of birds and other wildlife that are slaughtered every year in the gardens of this country , that is conveniently never mentioned. .. Oh and don't get me on about the disgusting filth they leave behind in my borders. And now your going to tell me that " it's in a cats nature to do that with birds " i'd counter that it's in a terriers nature to try to murder your cat, but you'd never think of that either cos your a cat owner and they can do no wrong in your eyes.
p.s I'm NOT condoning the attacking of the cat ..

Reply Posted by Susan Paxford on Monday October 17 2016 at 15:41
It's terrible the amount of cats -being hurt and going missing. The sentences to people who do these things should be more severe. I hope this poor cat recovers. I keep my 4 indoors. Mainly because I had one poisoned à few years ago.