Locals urged to have their say on police plan

Thursday August 4 2016

The Safer Barnsley Partnership Plan will work towards three priorities The Safer Barnsley Partnership Plan will work towards three priorities

LOCALS are being urged to have their say on the Safer Barnsley Partnership Plan, that will work to tackle crime and anti-social behaviour in the town.

Police have said they will focus on tackling three crime priorities as part of the plan to make Barnsley a safer place to live, work and play.

The plan, developed by the Safer Communities Partnership, will work towards three priorities from 2016 to 2020, including protecting vulnerable people, tackling crime and anti-social behaviour and promoting community tolerance and respect.

Residents are being urged to have their say on the scheme.

The public consultation is open until September 2.

To view the plan visit www.barnsley.gov.uk/sbp

Reply Posted by Lemonyhall on Thursday August 4 2016 at 09:30
It wont matter if town safe knocking a load of shops down so nobody be shopping anyway!!!!

Reply Posted by Annie on Thursday August 4 2016 at 11:48
Yes it will matter if town feels more safe. More people will of course want to come out and spend some time in the town centre. What shops have been knocked down recently that will stop you from wanting to come into town, Lemonyhall? I go into Barnsley town centre regularly at least twice a week. I do a lot of grocery shopping at Morrisons where I can park. I feel safe everywhere in the town during the day - I may not like what I see, junkies & alkies etc, but I do feel safe! Things that I really want, I will buy online no problem. But to have a little walk round my town centre, I have always done and will continue to do so.

Reply Posted by Mike on Thursday August 4 2016 at 09:45
We just need the police to police surely? Not enough presence either in town or around and about. Great deterrent seeing a policeman every-so-often.

Reply Posted by Steven James on Thursday August 4 2016 at 13:20
Dear "Safer Communities Partnership"
You Promised us a Town Centre "fit for a king", you promised to "ban" the "undesirables" in fact you have promised us the earth...

However, go into town any day of the week and the smackrats are STILL there pestering for "busfare" or the p*ssed up idiots are STILL openly drinking their strong lagers or ciders they have bought from the "European shop" just round from the corner pin.

Or what about the "ladies of the night" (Day in this case) openly offering their bodies around the back of the former Gala Bingo site on New Street for their next "bag of brown"?

Do you live in the same town as I do?

Reply Posted by Luke Mallison on Thursday August 4 2016 at 15:01
Get the drugs dog in and around town like you did a few weeks ago. Keep the drug and alcohol users away from normal people that don't need to see this when shopping

Reply Posted by Bazzer on Thursday August 4 2016 at 16:30
Could anybody give me directions to the old gala bingo building please

Reply Posted by Haha on Friday August 5 2016 at 15:04
haha, you won't see owt me old mate, it's an urban myth, there's nowt to see bar a few empty morrisons sandwich packs n cans o red bull.

Reply Posted by Rambo on Wednesday August 10 2016 at 10:22
What Police, what plan? I had 2 Russians trying to mug me up High Street in Worsbrough Dale last night. The town's going to pot! Bring the old fashioned bobby's back on the beat to keep our streets safe !

Reply Posted by Simone on Saturday August 13 2016 at 17:46
Come on Rambo, .. they were probably just trying to show you how they are going to "enrich our culture" .. give em a chance will yer ..

Reply Posted by Gaz on Tuesday August 16 2016 at 01:37
SYPD showing how weak and desperate they are if they asking for our ideas on this. I'd be amazed if your suggestions are even read because they might not see it just like they don't see spiceheads (legal high) smack heads and violent ********* that don't know when theyve had 1 too many

Reply Posted by Gaz on Tuesday August 16 2016 at 01:41
Even my 6year old can do a better job of policing in Barnsley she knows there's obv something wrong when they look like they've had a stroke and are going back to sleep at top of the toilets on peel square