Litter picks organised to help improve estates

Tuesday June 28 2016

The campaign aims to improve Barnsley's estates. The campaign aims to improve Barnsley's estates.

LITTER PICKS are being organised to help improve Barnsley's housing estates.

Berneslai Homes have this week launched the ‘Proud of our Estates’ campaign, which aims to increase community pride and help create estates where people are proud and happy to live.

As part of the campaign, events including litter picks and clean ups have been organised across Barnsley from July 4-14.

Tenants and residents are being encouraged to get involved and make a difference to their environment.

Reply Posted by Ian on Tuesday June 28 2016 at 11:29
Should just give all benefit scrounges a roll of black sacks and tell them they can have there money when they fill them, street would be spotless

Reply Posted by Naughtynorman on Tuesday June 28 2016 at 19:09
Totally agree Ian.
But let's not stop with the benefit brigade, let's get all the probation dwellers, low life junkies and alcoholics off the streets and give them something useful to do instead of going out robbing and pestering shoppers.
There is no need for the streets of our town to be littered. There are enough scrotters of one kind, or another to keep them clean. Make them earn there handouts!!!!!!!

Reply Posted by Dave1 on Tuesday June 28 2016 at 15:16
Just do what you are payed to do &stop passing the buck

Reply Posted by Paul on Tuesday June 28 2016 at 15:19
Benefit scroungers agean, love using that label or I pay taxes so tha can get benefits. What a load of bollox, most benefit claimants pay tax of some kind. Part about giving them black sacks to go n cleanup areas up yeah I agree wi, but gi up wi arrogant remarks that benefit claimants dunt do this or they get away wi that.

Reply Posted by Martin on Saturday July 2 2016 at 22:29
You tell em Paul .. you know everything !!

Reply Posted by Dave 1 on Wednesday June 29 2016 at 10:31
@naughtynorman you are totally wrong do you realy think the low lifes would work NO allso i wouldnt want them walking around my little plot lookimg at what they can steel later that night its the councills job we pay them they should set give genuine people the job like they used to do

Reply Posted by Naughtynorman on Wednesday June 29 2016 at 19:00
Fair point Dave 1.
However this is 2016 not 1976. Like it or lump it councils ar not a be all, do all, employ all service anymore. The sooner the moaners and groaners realise this the better. Move on my friend!!! I fully understand where you are coming from, I'm currently working for my 3rd council. I witness day upon day jobs, services and the like being cut, or put out to tender to companies that has no interest in the town they are serving.
One person could work with, and supervise a number of low life's. The incentive would be no work no benefits to by their drugs, booze and bacci. As for coming later that evening to steal, mmmmm perhaps tagging could be the way forward,thus knowing their whereabouts at all times.

Reply Posted by Robdought on Wednesday June 29 2016 at 15:58
Cut back the number of Coucillors each ward has and then use the money to pay proper people a fair days pay for a fair days work.

And pay cuts for the Houghton army and consultants.

Reply Posted by Dave 1 on Thursday June 30 2016 at 10:49
@naughtynorman yes your right this time but the councill still keeps taking my payment

Reply Posted by Dave1 on Thursday June 30 2016 at 22:08
The council should not take my payment from me then ask me to go litter pcking for them that would be something not quite right
They should do what we pay them to do