Firefighters tackle Broadway blaze

Thursday June 23 2016

Fire crews on Broadway Fire crews on Broadway

FLATS on Broadway were evacuated last night after a fire which left a man hospitalised.

Fire crews from Barnsley, Tankersley and Cudworth  were called to the blaze on Broadway Court at just before 11.30pm last night.

Firefighters managed to rescue the man, who is now in hospital.

The cause of the fire is now under investigation.

Reply Posted by Graham Nicholson on Thursday June 23 2016 at 14:21
I was there it happened last night I lived where it happened I didn't get in until 1am

Reply Posted by DTT on Thursday June 23 2016 at 15:43
Used to be lovely flats. Yorkshire Housing don't seem to vet people anymore. Full of drunks, druggies and convicted criminals.

Reply Posted by Lola on Thursday June 23 2016 at 15:56
Thank you DDT for your info was looking to move there, I owe you big style.

Reply Posted by Jessica Holt on Thursday June 23 2016 at 16:28
I live there, I wish I hadn't bothered the place is full of drunks and idiots. I'm looking for somewhere else to live I have only been there since September last year.

Reply Posted by DTT on Friday June 24 2016 at 20:39
I've not been there long. It's one step off a borstal. Yorkshire Housing ought to be ashamed of themselves. About half of the residents are great. The other 50% are awful. Police are always here but aren't really interested.

Reply Posted by thegrimreaper on Monday June 27 2016 at 09:39
The reaper has often jigged away to this tune ( nights on broadway) candi staton , aaahhhhh memories !!

Reply Posted by DTT on Tuesday September 6 2016 at 10:32
2 more people have moved out. I'm leaving in October. A truly awful place to live.