Upload a photo Upload a video Upload an mp3 Upload an event

News


Dog owners warned over blue-green algae

Friday May 13 2016


Dog owners warned over algae Dog owners warned over algae


DOG OWNERS are being warned to stop their pets swimming in water containing potentially fatal blue-green algae. 

Various vet groups warn that dogs can develop poisoning from the algae when they drink it from water, or lick themselves after swimming in it.

This in turn has a toxic effect on the stomach and internal organs, which can be fatal.

The algae is usually found in ponds and lakes, and has started to flourish due to the recent hot weather.

Symptoms of poisoning include generalised weakness and lethargy, diarrhoea, laboured breathing and muscle tremors.



Leave a comment
comments powered by Disqus
1 Showing 1 comment

Reply Posted by Naughtynorman on Monday May 16 2016 at 19:48
The symptoms described above can be seen in any of the low life scum that can be seen in peel square. Wonder if they've been bathing in it?????
If not perhaps it should be bottled and labelled as methadone or a new high strength cheap alcoholic beverage. Maybe even pre loaded into syringes promising the drug using scum to be taken to places they have never been to before!!!!!!

Real shame about the dogs though, I love dogs I do!!!!!!!!!