Upload a photo Upload a video Upload an mp3 Upload an event


Fire chiefs issue warning after BBQ causes fire

Monday May 9 2016

Fire chiefs have issued a warning to BBQ lovers Fire chiefs have issued a warning to BBQ lovers

FIRE CHIEFS have issued a warning after a disposable BBQ left smouldering in a bin caused a fire. 

Using a hose reel, firefighters extinguished the fire before it was able to spread.

A spokesperson for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said: "People are reminded to stay safe whilst enjoying the sunshine in the Summer months.

"To ensure your tasty plans don’t go up in smoke, sit the portable BBQ on a flat surface well away from trees, shrubs and grassland. 

"Keep a bucket of water or sand close by, just in case.

"Remember you should never use petrol or paraffin on a barbecue, only recognised lighters and starter fuels.

"Also, make sure the coals have properly cooled before disposal and empty ashes onto bare soil, not into the bin."

Leave a comment
comments powered by Disqus
1 Showing 1 comment

Reply Posted by Mr Reality Check on Monday May 9 2016 at 22:58
"BBQ causes fire..." Reality Checked.

ipso Regulated