Elections to take place

Thursday May 5 2016

Barnsley Council Barnsley Council

LOCAL GOVERNMENT and South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner elections will take place today.

The results will be announced from approximately 4pm onwards tomorrow (Friday, 6 May).

Click here for a list of polling stations.

Reply Posted by Hoylandman on Thursday May 5 2016 at 11:34
Go out & vote folk otherwise you can't complain afterwards about the people who get into office because of your apathy!

Reply Posted by al on Thursday May 5 2016 at 12:04
Labours won, wasted vote. It won't change, the class of '84 see to that.

Reply Posted by Ray on Thursday May 5 2016 at 12:31
I second Hoylandmans post.

don't let the red nodding donkeys have an easy ride and complain after.

Use your vote otherwise cue more labour backslapping at the next townhall meeting.

Sharon Love gets my vote today - shes darton east and is actually addressing the issues in our area - the 1,000 homes that are being built whereas the labour crony is yet another public sector (council I assume) trade unionist crony complaining about tory cuts of which so far none of our councillors have had any influence on and takes credit for work that community groups in our do as being part of labour. Last I heard they weren't politically aligned. Vote Sharon Love

Reply Posted by Steven James on Saturday May 7 2016 at 13:46
The particular Labour Crony in question will NEVER get my vote Ray.
I asked him why the (idiotic) council were allowing any tom,dick and harry to build on the fields we used to roam in as kids, fields stretching from the corner of Sackup lane all the way up to Bloomhouse and Woolley Colliery road and his response was that the area is "desperately in need" of housing!
I challenged him to justify his argument as the surrounding areas have seen THOUSANDS of houses buit and more yet to come on the old North Gawber site, to which he replied that it was "council policy" as he simply couldn't justify exactly why the local residents are getting something (new builds) that NO ONE WANTS!

Seems the Labour clowns are hellbent on paving over vast swathes of our precious green belt for our area to become a "commuter town" for people who work in other areas.

For this reason and this reason alone they will NEVER get my vote whilst ever I have breath in my lungs.

Reply Posted by Ed on Saturday May 7 2016 at 23:35
This is why I sold up and not only moved from Barnsley but moved out of South Yorkshire.

Reply Posted by Sarah on Thursday May 5 2016 at 13:54
What if ive only had 1 leaflet through the post from a labour candidate. I am not a Labour voter so I cant vote due to not knowing what other choices I have.

Reply Posted by Davieboy on Saturday May 7 2016 at 06:43
How do candidates expect you to vote for them, I live in Royston and only received a leaflet from the Labour candidate, I suppose all the others thought "why bother",
Same as some voters have thought.

ipso Regulated