Kids unhappy in Barnsley schools

Friday April 15 2016

Kids unhappy at school Kids unhappy at school

NEARLY 12 per cent of Barnsley kids say the 'never' feel happy in school.

A report from the Director of Public Health says that surveys of young people show that some children in Barnsley experience emotional health and wellbeing issues and concerns.

The report says that over 20% of school kids surveyed felt anxious about how they look either ‘often or daily’ and nearly 10% had been worried about eating problems either ‘often or daily’.

The report also says that over 12% of surveyed school kids said that they didn’t have anybody to talk to about their problems.

Public Health says it is working with schools and early years settings to improve the emotional health and wellbeing and resilience of children and young people.

Reply Posted by Dee on Friday April 15 2016 at 20:26
Hmn why doesn't this surprise me.

Reply Posted by Whats Occurrin on Saturday April 16 2016 at 18:17
AAAW, the poor loves.
We only have ourselves to blame for the poor "vulnerable" youth of today.
As we keep hearing, these days our children have FAR greater pressures upon them,such as, when I arrive home from school, eat my dinner (whilst totally ignoring my parents because they don't understand the stress i'm under)...after locking myself away in my bedroom...which gadget shall I chose to fanny about on ?...PC ? i phone ? Tablet ? Play station ?.....Do I text, tweet, facebook, blog ?
It is a great shame that the kids of today feel they have no-one to talk to.
But in reality, the only way they seem able to communicate, is with their thumbs!
Great shame.

Reply Posted by Liz on Sunday April 17 2016 at 11:01
It's true some kids are antisocial and misbehave but that make good kids feel unhappy and stressed at school if you are not at school today you won't under stand what kids do at school because times have change since the good old days.so don't blame all the youths of today for the stereotypical image that has been create for them today. It's not all of us .they do feel unhappy but sometimes it's not there fault.

Reply Posted by Whats Occurrin on Sunday April 17 2016 at 20:10
Quite correct Liz, it is true that not all kids are the same.
Forgive my stereotyping. But alas, you have done the same, by assuming I am old !

Reply Posted by Mr Reality Check on Monday April 18 2016 at 14:21
Do you describe yourself as:

Between the Ages of 0 - 19, 20 - 25, 26 - 30, 31 - 39, 40+ or "AGE FLUID" - because "Questioning Society" is now apparently a thing as featured in the Chronicle, between the pages of death, thefts, assaults, allotments and sports there was a reference to "LGBTQS" - we are getting closer to the countdown conundrum, where will it end?

Reply Posted by thegrimreaper on Thursday April 28 2016 at 08:05
A good old fashioned thrashing would soon put em straight . In my day we had respect and manners .