Police crack down on-off road bikers

Friday April 8 2016

South Yorkshire Police South Yorkshire Police

POLICE are cracking down on nuisance off-road motorbikes.

Last Sunday (3 April) saw a number of officers patrolling particular hotspot areas for off-roaders in the Dearne area to try and identify those who continue to ride off-road bikes illegally.

A total of four warnings were issued and one bike was seized.

Police are also urging the public to help identify off road bikers.

Detective Sergeant Darren Taylor, who was involved in the operation, said: "“While we do not want to stop people from having fun or enjoying their hobbies, it’s important that we remind people that their behaviour is actually illegal and they could face having their bike seized.

"A lot of these individuals are usually wearing helmets or partial face coverings, making them difficult to identify. This is why we need help identifying them.

“This is information which could help officers identify the offenders and subsequently take action against them."

Reply Posted by Whats Occurrin on Friday April 8 2016 at 20:30
Great to hear that the FUN nazis are concentrating their efforts on "serious" crime,
instead of tackling the lesser crimes such as muggings, shoplifting, burglaries, stabbings, shootings, rapes and other "minor" misdemeanors !

Reply Posted by The Voice of Reason on Friday April 8 2016 at 23:44
I wonder if you would consider manslaughter a minor misdemeanour too?! As unless these brainless idiots are stopped, someone will get killed or at the very least seriously injured. As for the "fun nazis", well how sitting on something that makes all that noise, tearing up the countryside can be fun I have no idea! But they need to find somewhere to allow them to do it legitimately so all the brainless wonders can play and have fun together without endangering others.

Reply Posted by Whats Occurrin on Saturday April 9 2016 at 20:37
You miss the point by a mile.
Was merely pointing out the FACT that (in the larger scheme of things), there are more serious crimes for the Police to spend their time on than this.
If the "crime" of making noise and a general nuisance of yourself takes greater priority on YOUR list of important things to tackle, then you must have led a sheltered life, and lord help us all.

Reply Posted by D on Saturday April 9 2016 at 12:15
We've got nine football pictures on laithes lane playing fields and every sunday while the young kids r playing football uve got mindless idiots on motorbikes tearing up and down and ruining the pitches absolute wasters.where r the police oh ye probably giving speeding tickets out what a waste of space.

Reply Posted by Whats Occurrin on Saturday April 9 2016 at 20:40
Try hanging your football "pictures" on a wall, where the "mindless idiots" can't reach them.

Reply Posted by Ada on Saturday April 9 2016 at 21:58
Sticking ya sneck in again Whats Occuring! You are very opinionated on EVERY subject that appears on WAB! I don't know how you get through doorways!! Your head must be as big as the townhall clock!

Reply Posted by Whats Occurrin on Sunday April 10 2016 at 21:26
So sorry Ada, I didn't realise my "sneck" and my opinions were not allowed on WAB.
Yes, I do have opinions on certain subjects, and I am just as entitled to air them as you are.
MOST people with a sense of humour, actually realise that some of my comments are meant to be taken with a large pinch of salt, as they are merely banter.
Sadly, it would seem that YOUR sense of humour battery requires a full recharge or a complete replacement.
I notice that you don't seem to have an opinion on the actual subject in question, (perhaps because you bother yourself so much with mine). So all I can suggest, is you return to your game of Candy Crush, and leave the debating to the adults.
Thank you also for your recognition of the size of my head, although I must point out that it is TWICE the size of that measly clock !
A pleasure as always Ada. x

Reply Posted by Chas on Sunday April 10 2016 at 09:06
Rider on monkey bike without helmet in Elsecar nearly every day. He is on the roads and churning up Jump valley. Very noisy and dangerous for children and dog walkers. Police car drove passed him on the road last week.

Reply Posted by crockett on Sunday April 10 2016 at 10:17
its not a case of stopping people enjoying themselves,its the destruction they cause when enjoying themselves. crime is crime no matter how low level . the thing is that a lot of the people who ride these bikes to the fields do so by riding on the roads illegally, no insurance,helmets or registration numbers etc.

Reply Posted by Law abiding citizen on Sunday April 10 2016 at 20:40
Wombwell woods near the fishing ponds are seriously becoming a race track for off rd bikers some dog walker going get injured or a dog killed. Come on Mr policeman get your arses in gear and sort it out after all we pay for your hats

Reply Posted by Ada on Sunday April 10 2016 at 21:43
Sorry if I have offended you what's Occuring! It was mearly banter! It must be hard for the people who live near open spaces where these off road bikers frequent. You have to live with it to understand what it's like. Oh, never heard of candy crush? Sounds like a fruit drink? Oh, my batteries are in perfect working order for a 75yr old! But I could always borrow some from you??

Reply Posted by Whats Occurrin on Monday April 11 2016 at 13:51
No offence taken Ada, and my batteries are available should you need them.
Anyway, if we keep chatting like this, people may get the wrong idea ! x

Reply Posted by Whats Occurrin on Monday April 11 2016 at 13:54
Oh, and with regard to the nuisance "bikers"...in truth, i'd string the noisy gits up !

Reply Posted by Pete on Monday April 11 2016 at 17:36
My niece was playing in our local field, and a male on his off road bike ran her over. This male was reported to police. He was taken to court and was given a few months in prison. This was a few years ago but it is still going on

Reply Posted by the all seeing eye on Tuesday April 12 2016 at 08:58
Just put an unmarked police car in all local petrol stations one sunday between 11am and 3pm , the culprits have to put fuel in and sundays seem to be the favoured day they all want to be out on their off road vehicles

Reply Posted by Em Carver on Wednesday May 25 2016 at 11:18
I live on the bridle path Railway Terrace Goldthorpe. There are many of them on quad bikes or little buzzy 50cc bikes they go in a loop to Thurnscoe, Goldtjiroe etc along the bridle path past out houses. They have caused damage to the road, bridle path and cars by throwing up mud and gravel. They damaged my fencing because I live next to the garage, one stays with the quad bike while the other climbs over the fence to get petrol. I've asked them many times to stop. Some will grunt "ok sorry" but still come back, or I'm told to F...off!
The evenings and weekends are worse, when there is no peace. They come around the virner so fast that an accident is waiting to happen.