Barnsley FC to parade JPT trophy

Tuesday April 5 2016

Barnsley FC Barnsley FC

BARNSLEY FC will parade the Johnstone's Paint Trophy at the Town Hall this Thursday.

Barnsley Council and the club are inviting reds fans to bring Wembley fever back to the town in celebration of last weekend’s thrilling 3-2 victory over Oxford United in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy final at Wembley.

The winning team will be welcomed to the Town Hall this Thursday, 7 April where they will make an appearance on the balcony to show off the trophy.

Fans are invited to celebrate with the Tykes from 6 to 6.30pm at the front of the town hall. People are encouraged to help paint the town red by bringing flags and wearing their team colours.

Reply Posted by Jason ives on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 17:27
Sorry I can't be there as I live in Scarborough but can't wait to see the images of the boys with the trophy and a sea of red cheering on. Well done boys

Reply Posted by adrian thompson on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 18:04
Discraceful what about people with jobs that actually buy tickets **** up in a brewery springs to mind

Reply Posted by chip ont thi shoulder on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 19:25
So they were meant to consult you personally to find out when you're available? It's from 6-630, accomodating a lot of 8-4/9-5 workers. Sense of entitlement springs to mind.

Reply Posted by steve on Wednesday April 6 2016 at 11:11
Have not seen barnsley play since they drew with Enfield in 1981 but am going

Reply Posted by Erica on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 18:22
Brilliant!!! Let's do them proud. COYR

Reply Posted by der da dum on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 18:55
mickey mouse cup springs to mind

Reply Posted by grapebasher on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 19:23
grapes spring to mind

Reply Posted by Well I Never on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 19:13
Nothing like making it on a day when most of those who go to the matches EVERY week, week in week out...NOT. THEY'LL miss out. What's wrong with making it on a Sunday, lets face it it was a Sunday they won. That way the hard working people who pay for season tickets can attend & cheer there team on. But that would be far too much to ask...wouldn't it??????

Reply Posted by Well You Never on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 19:27
Yes, because every member of the Barnsley supporting populace will be working at 6pm on Thursday. Or is that just you? Bitter.
PS Season Ticket holders can also be at work on Sundays, y'know.

Reply Posted by Jade Read on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 19:43
No that's not me being bitter that's me having an opinion. And yes I am a season ticket holder of over 30 years who goes to the matches week in week out. I also support my team when times are bad unlike some who just jump on the glory band wagon. I also work weekends & shifts. I still stand by what I said that it would be much better & they'd get a much bigger crowd to cheer them on a weekend. And YES I will be there on Thursday like I was there Sunday to see them win...will you & was you????

Reply Posted by rachel on Wednesday April 20 2016 at 00:01
well said my friend well said

Reply Posted by rachel on Wednesday April 20 2016 at 00:03
and what about people like me who wokj sunday to Thursday every week go to all matches and but if it was on a sunday I would have put holiday day in just like I had to for thursday

Reply Posted by Kevin haigh on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 19:41
Should have been after sat match more sensible.

Reply Posted by Paul Hamshaw on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 19:43
Great day at Wembley I agree it should b on a Sunday for all the people who work afters fortunately I'm on days n let's all wear flat caps again.u reds

Reply Posted by Reds Fan on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 19:57
I'm really pleased that the team is doing this but must admit 6.00-6.30 is too early. Lots of people will struggle to make it for that time due to commuting too or from work plus it's right at rush hour time when traffic around the town centre will still be busy. Should have been 7.00 to 7.30 but that's just my opinion. The team has another game on Tuesday night so Sunday would not be ideal.

Reply Posted by pips on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 20:06
I agree Sunday doesn't suit everybody these days as a lot of people work including my husband and son and as they have supported Barnsley for years, went to Wembley they would like to be there on Thursday.

Reply Posted by Hugh on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 21:15
Stop moaning

It's a good choice of time
It takes into account workers and the fact that school age children will want to go so it can't be too late

Presumably footballers have other things to do at weekends like playing Chesterfield at home and then spending time with their families?

Reply Posted by rachel on Wednesday April 20 2016 at 00:05
pmsl well said.

Reply Posted by a true tyke fan on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 21:21
ow cum home crowd 8K but well over 20K went to Wembley

I fink a lot was on the band wagon, wait till next home game

see wer all the duvet lads are

Reply Posted by Jacko on Wednesday April 6 2016 at 12:51
Is that native american talk?

Reply Posted by Ian frum tsrn on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 22:27
Thanks for that I'll be at work. Despite spending thousands following home and away. What's up with Sunday? Anyhow I hope the smack rats, armchair reds and BMBC enjoy.

Reply Posted by Joanne on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 22:39
I completely agree with the comments about Thursday being difficult for people to get to. The majority of people who have season tickets have to work to buy them. They will miss out and the glory supporters will be there. Bet they won't be there at Oakwell on Saturday with the true supporters!

Reply Posted by rachel on Wednesday April 20 2016 at 00:08
think u find I was there like I am every week I work sunday to Thursday and still go that what holliday days are for who are u to judge people sunday players will want t recover from the match cuckoo if u was a true fan u would know that it was on barnsley fc why it was Thursday

Reply Posted by Ex red on Tuesday April 5 2016 at 23:49
Typical. Never think of the Faithfull. Fits in with the town hall and no doubt the clubs hierarchy. Won't be there. Can't say what I want to.

Reply Posted by Emma brook's on Wednesday April 6 2016 at 07:00
God I'm glad you're all at work, morngy buggers just glad I don't work with any off you,bet you brighten up every shift, not

Reply Posted by Joanne on Wednesday April 6 2016 at 07:35
Emma Brooks- you are so funny. Not.

Reply Posted by Tubby on Wednesday April 6 2016 at 09:21
COYR

Reply Posted by steve on Wednesday April 6 2016 at 11:14
did not know so many many supporters had jobs

Reply Posted by JAcko on Wednesday April 6 2016 at 12:52
Whaaay, who's this comedian?

Message sent at 11:14 when he should be at work.....

Reply Posted by Jacko on Wednesday April 6 2016 at 12:50
What a day.

But what was that shameless idiot doing celebrating with the players.

Shameless..... absolutely shameless from coco the clown when he took the champagne and was spraying it.

Reply Posted by Lee on Wednesday April 6 2016 at 15:08
Looking forward to taking my lad on Thursday. Is there any wonder that we cannot attract more fans to oakwell given the fact that some season ticket holders see all other fans who attend from when they can as "part timers". It is such a strage attitute given they are the first to moan when the ground is not full.

Reply Posted by Bobby on Thursday April 7 2016 at 06:48
Its an utter discrace, how many people are complaining about it being on a Thursday. What did you expect them to do? Go round asking everyone personally what day and time would be best for them? Get real. Taking into account the majority of people work between the hours of 6am and 5pm, I think this will suit the majority. I think certain people just like to have a winge about anything they can.

Reply Posted by Rachel on Wednesday April 20 2016 at 00:09
well said

Reply Posted by Paul on Thursday April 7 2016 at 06:55
Well said bobby!!

Reply Posted by Ada on Thursday April 7 2016 at 09:19
Well said Bobby! I would have thought now that a lot of workers work flexi time, it would be easy for real fans to attend tonight?? It will be interesting to see how many turn up for the home game on Saturday? Well done BFC. I wouldn't go to a football match for a gold pig!! BUT I am very proud at what they have achieved. I would like to know how Micheal what's his face Parkinson gets his sneck in!! He couldn't care less about Barnsley! It's only if tv cameras are around he's there like a shot!

Reply Posted by jayne on Thursday April 7 2016 at 11:18
Would like to see plenty of pictures as I am holiday UP THE REDS

Reply Posted by Natz on Friday April 8 2016 at 06:58
What a brill turn out my kids loved it well done lads u did Barnsley proud, COYR

ipso Regulated