Reality TV programme heads to Barnsley

Friday April 1 2016

Olivia Taylor Olivia Taylor

**Happy April Fools' Day from We Are Barnsley!**

A NEW reality TV programme will film in Barnsley this summer - and producers want you to star in it.

'Talk of the Tarn' will air on terrestrial TV later on in the year, and will film in and around the town centre.

Producers are looking for men and women of all ages to take part, with details on how to audition set to be released in due course.

Principal photography has already taken place, and producers have snapped up some local talent.

Local lass Olivia Taylor is one of the lucky few who will feature, and said: "Barnsley gets a lot of negative press, so I think it's brilliant that we're going to have something that will highlight just how great of a place Barnsley is."

A spokesperson said: "We've had The Only Way Is Essex, we've had Geordie Shore, but we've never had anything from God's own country, Yorkshire.

"Barnsley is a great area to focus on and we can't wait to meet the people of the town. Talk of the Tarn or 'TOTT' will show the people of Great Britain just how great of an area Barnsley is."

Reply Posted by Jonny rondo on Friday April 1 2016 at 10:01
Ive had some acting experience on Emmerdale as an extra is it a paid job
Thankyou

Reply Posted by Jane on Friday April 1 2016 at 10:03
Yorkshire folk wouldn't say "Tarn", that's what a crockery would say! Lol. A better title would be, Talk of the Tykes

Reply Posted by Vaibhav Saxena on Friday April 1 2016 at 10:33
Interested

Reply Posted by Jonny rondo on Friday April 1 2016 at 11:05
If it helps in any way I also have a bearded dragon named keith

Reply Posted by Zoe on Friday April 1 2016 at 11:19
1St of April, me thinks this is an April fools prank

Reply Posted by victoria on Saturday April 2 2016 at 19:31
Yep, I mean I can't really see Barnsley becoming a new TOWIE can you!

Reply Posted by wanttobet? on Saturday April 2 2016 at 22:34
why not?Nobody intelligent watches this towie thing or made in Chelsea. It's just braindead tv,BARNSLEY WOULD BE PERFECT FOR IT IF IT WAS REAL!

Reply Posted by Jimmy on Friday April 1 2016 at 11:22
Jesus. More shame brought to barnsley. One camera sweep around the derelict town centre. Some selective editing and only picking the scruffy common bleeders. I don't talk tarn by the way despite being born here I speak proper English with an accent. Can't wait everytime I tell someone fro out of town where I'm from it will be . Baaaaarnsleh. Oh the joys

Reply Posted by Jamie farrell on Friday April 1 2016 at 11:23
Av presented for w.a.b before they ev sin mi skills am ready to start wen your ar ")

Reply Posted by Ryan on Friday April 1 2016 at 11:52
Were do I sign like

Reply Posted by Cameron Batty on Friday April 1 2016 at 12:08
Interested

Reply Posted by deb on Friday April 1 2016 at 12:17
April fool

Reply Posted by Bek on Friday April 1 2016 at 12:58
I wouldn't embarrass myself /be just like Jaywick

Reply Posted by Wheredoyougotomylovely. on Saturday April 2 2016 at 22:40
Don't. I've never forgiven my home town for skint.

Reply Posted by Not daft on Friday April 1 2016 at 13:05
April fools

Reply Posted by Josh on Friday April 1 2016 at 13:06
Where do I sign up?

Reply Posted by Penelope on Friday April 1 2016 at 13:07
Please could you consider me for a part in this as I do have some acting experience because I belong to acting for confidence a mental health group who put on plays in the digital media centre and at Recovery College

Reply Posted by Roxanne marsden on Friday April 1 2016 at 13:10
Just bought a house in Wombwell , I love Barnsley , and think I could give an outsiders perspective , me my partner and 5 children

Reply Posted by whhhere do you go to my lovely on Saturday April 2 2016 at 22:42
Ooh, fallen on hard times eh?I'm an outsider from Scunthorpe and even it was real I would never lower myself.

Reply Posted by timmilner on Friday April 1 2016 at 13:40
ad **** it me

Reply Posted by Emma McGuire on Friday April 1 2016 at 13:42
I'd love to be in this

Reply Posted by Davieboy on Friday April 1 2016 at 14:00
Very good WAB but you have to get up very early to catch out some Barnsley folk, some people will think it is true, but the vast majority will realise that today is 1st April. If this is true then I will show my backside on the Tarn Hall steps every Saturday morning from now until next April Fools Day.

Reply Posted by Jasmine on Friday April 1 2016 at 14:21
I'm interested

Reply Posted by Natalie kendall on Friday April 1 2016 at 14:36
I'm from wombwell Barnsley and I'm a true Barnsley girl

Reply Posted by kay on Friday April 1 2016 at 14:59
"Yorkshire folk wouldn't say tarn" if ya from Barnsley ya say ya going in to tarn haha

Reply Posted by Roger Melly on Friday April 1 2016 at 15:19
If true the participants will be portrayed as idiots for the nations amusement.

Reply Posted by Debbie morton on Friday April 1 2016 at 15:39
Very interested

Reply Posted by kelsey on Friday April 1 2016 at 15:45
Am realy interested

Reply Posted by grimreaper on Friday April 1 2016 at 15:46
Ideal opportunity to showcase the areas yobs and feral kids .

Reply Posted by Julie hodgson on Friday April 1 2016 at 15:58
April fool. Lol

Reply Posted by Guess on Friday April 1 2016 at 16:17
Yet another April fool's offering a job that does not excist it's disgusting really millions unemployed and desbrite to get into work and people just want to have a laugh at there desbrite attempt to find a job it's not funny and quite frankly the people who do this should be ashamed

Reply Posted by What on Friday April 1 2016 at 21:41
Nobody in Barnsley that is unemployed is "desbrite" to get work, they all love their dole too much. Plus most folk in Barnsley can't even spell, case and point. Also, most people in this comment section is thick because they fell for April fools joke. Mind you I'd watch it if it was real just for the laughs. Barnsley is the real life version of Jeremy Kyle

Reply Posted by Adam speed on Friday April 1 2016 at 16:32
I would like to me apart of this

Reply Posted by James on Friday April 1 2016 at 16:36
Interested

Reply Posted by david on Friday April 1 2016 at 17:12
If true me thinks it should be called Talk In The Tarn, TITT 1st april

Reply Posted by Kira on Friday April 1 2016 at 18:20
Born and raised in Barnsley. Did GCSE Drama and I have taken part in productions.

Reply Posted by mary on Saturday April 2 2016 at 22:45
RAISED? Are you a CAKE????? If you were TRUE Barnsley you would never use an Americanism such as raised.

Reply Posted by Vicky Pagdin on Friday April 1 2016 at 18:20
Hi i know this is really just for people who want to be on the show but, who might I need to contact about maybe helping out on the show doing some work experience, as i am a L4 media student and would love to help out.

Reply Posted by Ian lewin on Friday April 1 2016 at 19:33
A happy,bubbly sort of guy an life is never dull lol

Reply Posted by anon on Friday April 1 2016 at 20:21
April Fool, some people are so gullible

Reply Posted by Regan Thomsen on Friday April 1 2016 at 20:33
Hi I'm Regan a close up magician from Barnsley, this sounds like a brilliant opportunity. If your interested in having someone unique on the show let me know.

Reply Posted by Poundland Steph on Saturday April 2 2016 at 01:56
So pathetic Regan

Reply Posted by Mckenzie Hargreaves on Friday April 1 2016 at 20:54
I'm 13 and go to drama school in Barnsley and I think it would be a great opportunity

Reply Posted by Megan Jade on Friday April 1 2016 at 21:06
Very interested in this.. How do I audition

Reply Posted by lynn yoxall on Friday April 1 2016 at 21:24
When Barnsley folk are out of town...and asked where we are from everybody says Barrrrrnnnsslleeyyyy...yes BARNSLEY BORN N BRED A REIGHT TARN IT IS. Makes my blood boil when out of towners ridicule our accent and our beautiful town.

Reply Posted by Poundland Steph on Saturday April 2 2016 at 22:47
Don't push it woman.Towns a dump.

Reply Posted by Matthew charlesworth on Friday April 1 2016 at 21:39
I like to go out wvery weekend and know just about everyone in Barnsley.

Reply Posted by alex on Friday April 1 2016 at 22:29
worked as an extra for 7 years, this would be a perfect opportunity. would love to know when auditions are taking place. loltardis@hotmail.co.uk.

Reply Posted by Poundland Steph on Saturday April 2 2016 at 01:54
MORE TRASH!

Reply Posted by chloe on Saturday April 2 2016 at 02:46
Aye id love a bit of that, id be on this

Reply Posted by Realisticman on Saturday April 2 2016 at 10:11
The only way is Barnsley! I'm cringing with embarrassment already.