Woman imprisoned for school absence offences

Tuesday February 23 2016

Woman sentenced to prison Woman sentenced to prison

A BARNSLEY woman has been sentenced to prison for failing to make sure her children attended school regularly.

The woman aged 43, pleaded guilty to three charges relating to three of her children and accepted that she was also in breach of a previous suspended jail sentence from July 2015.

After hearing evidence from the prosecution, the defence solicitor and the Probation Service, the court determined that the woman had continually failed to send her children to school and had not made sufficient efforts to work with and contact the school to report the children’s absences.

The court activated her previous suspended sentence which related to five of her children failing to attend school regularly last year and ordered that she be immediately imprisoned for eight weeks.

For the new offences, the defendant was ordered to serve a further eight week prison sentence to run consecutively to the previous, meaning she would serve a total of sixteen weeks in prison. She was also ordered to pay a compulsory victim surcharge of £80 on her release from prison.

Coun Tim Cheetham, cabinet spokesperson, said: “Schools and other agencies do all they can to assist parents and carers who are experiencing difficulties in getting their children to school and prosecution is the last resort where they will not engage with these efforts.

“Those with responsibility for children have to take this matter seriously; today’s prosecution sends out a strong message that non-attendance at school will not be tolerated. Parents have a duty of care to ensure their children have regular and meaningful attendance at school, enabling them to get the best out of their education. The significant sentence handed out to this individual shows the consequences of failing to fulfil this duty.”

Reply Posted by Aidan on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 17:45
This is an absolute disgrace, taking a mother away from her children just so you could send a message? The CPS are the criminals here! it's about time we boot these bullies from our towns!

Reply Posted by Me on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 17:50
I agree with Aiden.
BMBC nazi's - no help for struggling families.
Anyone that doesn't conform throw them in prison.

Reply Posted by Rick on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 17:51
This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard it should be illegal to send people to prison for not sending kids to school there is obviously more to this but as a parent with a very bleak view of this law I get my kids to school on time then they are the schools responsibility anything that happens at school stays with the school and is not fetched home i.e. behaviour, we do not support the school at all with behaviour amongst other things because of this law which removes your parental responsibility during school hours and until we as parents can decide what is best for our children we will continue to offer any help to the schools which have actually already made my child's behaviour worse and continues to do so every term

Reply Posted by K on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 17:52
When the children are sent to school and the parents have made sure they've gotten in the school and then the children are in their care yet when a child plays truant after being in school it's still the parents fault? These laws just disgraceful. Imagine the mental and emotional pain the children are going threw by loosing their mum

Reply Posted by P on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 20:48
Maybe you should have spent more time in school then you would be able to spell through, A child`s education is paramount and the stepping stone for the rest of their lives, Bloody glad she was sent to prison and more should follow if they think they are above the law

Reply Posted by zara on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 18:00
I really feel for this mother.my daughter hasn't attended school on a regular basis since last October and ive been fined and im also looking at another fine if not prison myself.my daughter was getting bullied at her previous school,tge problem got resolved but she compleatly refused to attend school.i was told not to be physical with her to get her to attend but how the hell else was I supposed to get her there. Im not the one at fault in my situation,she is....altho she is 13,surely she should be accountable for her actions if im doing my best to comply.the government has taken parents rights to chastise their children away and now were being punished because of it.

Reply Posted by Hmm on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 20:12
Edit: I thought your name was Sara. My apologies, totally different person .

Reply Posted by Noodle on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 18:04
Norman your comment is disgraceful. My mum or the school bobbie used to take me to school every single day , and I never stayed the whole day. So it's not poor parenting it's the way children these days are. Maybe if they could have a smacked bum and we could punish our kids, they would behave better. Although my mum smacked us and I still didn't go.

Reply Posted by A.NOTHER on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 18:09
If she has wilfully allowed them to play truant, which I doubt, then she should be punished. Knowing what the CPS and BMBC are like, I dare say they are run by doogooding morons who don't take all the facts into consideration. Who is going to look after them now and at what cost. If they are fostered and they continue to play truant, will the foster carers be imprisoned ?

Reply Posted by cath on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 18:10
Appalling! You openly admit that you have no idea how many children are homeschooled as you do no checks of these children and have absolutely no idea if what or even if they are being taught. Yet you can take a mother away from her children?
The cps want to focus on real crimes they apparently lack evidence for! What a useless bunch of morons

Reply Posted by Gail wilson on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 18:13
So who sorts these children to go to school now it's disgraceful sort it another way some EWOs are bullies fact !!!!!!

Reply Posted by Tabby on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 18:20
It is no wonder that there so many issues with Barnsley Schools. The problem here is to do with poor parenting, a lack of discipline if not laziness and a lack of understanding of the value of education.
All parents need to legally send their kids to school, clearly homeschooling is not an option for under educated parents.
All the clearly pathetic comments about B MBC being wrong show how narrow minded you are being. The woman failed her children and their futures. Do not defend people who cannot put effort in to getting kids to school.

Reply Posted by mark on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 18:30
bring back a good hiding that's whats wrong with the youth today, never hurt me growing up, well it did but it showed how I should have respect..

Reply Posted by Anna on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 18:39
WHAT? So they send a MOTHER AWAY from her children just because kids weren't attending school ?!!! For sixteen weeks?????

They are only thinking about themselves not NOT this family!!!! Absolutely ridiculous.

And NORMAN grow up!
Such a silly thing to say.

Reply Posted by John on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 18:39
This is totally the right thing to do. Set an example. I think its wrong to charge and prosecute people that take there kids out on holiday for a week but it is law that children have to be educated and therefore the children must go to school and get education. This example needed to be set and i totally agree with it. The law was there she broke it she is paying for it. Plus she was on a suspended sentence so that is probably why she has been jailed. The simple fact is bring your kids up properly and there are no problems

Reply Posted by Claire on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 18:40
Kids should have been in school, she is ultimately responsible for that. However, fine her, send her to parenting classes, but not to prison!! There are actual criminals who are walking about free as you like, and she's locked up for this! It'll cost the state tens of thousands of pounds and it won't make a blind bit of difference. Who's gonna make sure the kids are at school now?? Are they in care?? Ridiculous.

Reply Posted by parent on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 18:48
I took my son to school & I watched him walk into school,come 10.30 I got phone call from school asking where my son was,i told them I watched him go into school,i phoned my son & ask him where he was his answer was mam im in maths lesson ive gotta go,so I phoned school & told them,i got no apology or owt,just goes to show how much our schools take notice of our kids

Reply Posted by jackie on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 18:51
I have had this trying to get my 14 year old son to school, he would constantly leave school, they could not keep him in, myself and school asked for help from social care and were ignored, no one can give discipline anymore, I detest this country

Reply Posted by Hmm on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 20:09
Try taking away his iphone, TV, laptop and grounding the little *beep* until he goes to school and stays in school. My parents never hit me but I was still scared of the repercussions of not attending school or stepping out of line. It is a sad state when some parents think the only way to discipline is through violence and if that is banned then they wash their hands. Take ALL crisps and sweets from the house, take all pocket money away, ALL luxuries and do not let your son leave that house until he learns he has to stay in school. Trust me he would be sat in every lesson within a month

Reply Posted by Wendy on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 18:55
Does this mean i can send barnsley education to prison my 14 year old son hasnt been to school since sept last year because there isnt a school place for him i ring them twice a week to be fobbed off with numerous excuses

Reply Posted by Sarah on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 18:56
Well said Tabby. Poor parent poor children. They will probably go to school now and get their education. I know people who don't make their kids go to school because they can't be botherd to take them. Same when on news a while ago banning pyjamas at school. Pure laziness.

Reply Posted by D on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 19:08
My daughters school is useless I keep ringing them for an appointment but they never get back in touch.i got in touch with school welfare I haven't heard from them either!

Reply Posted by michelle on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 19:10
How is this going to make them kids go to school now ??????????
They have no mum to go to and totally agree i took my daughter to her class then the school could not kep her there so how is this the mums fault

Reply Posted by Carol on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 19:12
So what about parents who home who do home education how are they not in court

Reply Posted by kathryn danforth on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 19:14
Please type kathryn danforth uk into google search and find my petition cant copy the link on here for some reason but is in relation to wrong doing of mothers and families by cps

Reply Posted by kathryn danforth on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 19:24
Just to put everyone straight bmbc deny any responibility towards most of schools now they all gone private, until it comes to legal I am being threatened by legal action because of standing up a against a school my children had 100% or very close to at school before they went into care and now are allowed to miss school willy nilly for silly reason like an in care medical my eldest getting ready for sats n I would be making sure he goes, school get 5 pound for every child who attends on each school day they do not get it if the child absent and thats just the start of how they are using our kids to line their profit margins

Reply Posted by WTF? on Friday February 26 2016 at 06:37
What a croc of shabba!
Schools get a set amount for each child registered to them at the beginning of each school year.
They get the same amount, no more no less whether the child turns up or not!

Reply Posted by Lisa on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 19:33
Think its disgusting, no wonder so many kuds are beung homeschooled now

Reply Posted by Jayne on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 19:33
How utterly disgusting to put the poor woman in prison try putting proper criminals in prison instead of letting them off ..

Reply Posted by kazzie on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 19:33
just about sums up our world today know they have to go to school but this is not way solve it and at what cost,thousands to lock mother up plus what happens to children.Then hear about parent who seriously beat up teacher getting suspended sentance ?????????????????????????????

Reply Posted by tricky ricky on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 19:38
How is this right why is it a compulsary thing to make ye kids go to school and also why dont they persue gypsie kids

Reply Posted by Bill on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 19:56
How do those who are doing home schooling fit into this (about 160 in Barnsley I believe)?

Reply Posted by g on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 20:18
Parents have a responsibility to ensure their children are educated. If children are not attending school there is usually a reason behind it.... The child has issues (bullying, lack of self-esteem, mental health issues, illness) or the parent has issues any of the above or: alcohol abuse, debt issues, drug misuse, domestic abuse.
It is a long process of working with families to flesh out what the problems are and try to put in support for them. BMBC does not just get up one day and say...'lets send this mother to prison and make an example of her!' the parent will have been offered support the child will have been offered support. It is unfortunate that some people will just not accept that support!!
Our community has a high rate of unemployment and educating our children will enable them to function effectively as adults. Depriving children of their education is a crime!!

Reply Posted by Aidan on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 20:27
John and everone who actually thinks this is a good idea are the kind of people who allowed the nazis to come into power. You're vile excuses for human beings

Reply Posted by Hmm on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 20:58
Those Nazis with their well known policy for education?

Reply Posted by Parent on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 20:30
Sorry but I have no sympathy. Children spend only 12% of their life at school then around 61% working. You can't work unless you've done school. It's not difficult you get up and go to bed a a good time. The mother in this report does not work so has no excuses. Get you kids to school and if they do run away from school you work with the school and the police to set up a system to keep them in. This misbehaving stems from lack of parenting from day 1.

Reply Posted by C on Thursday February 25 2016 at 14:35
How does it stem from lack of parenting? My mum tried everything in her power to stop my brother from misbehaving at school, taking away luxuries, grounding him, working with the school, everything. You know why he was misbehaving? Because there was one teacher that always purposely set him off in both high schools he attended, there was always one teacher that would purposely wind him up call on him for no reason at all. They saw him as a failure, they never gave him a chance and rather than blemish their perfect results as a school, they tried getting rid of him. One teacher accomplished that and he was expelled. You know what hes doing now? He's at college studying level 2 animal care, he hasn't missed one day, he does all his work and has had one incident where another student was calling him names and winding him up. Me? I wasn't at school 50% of the time, not because my mum is a bad parent or because there is a lack of parenting, she tried everything in her power to help me. See I was being bullied, to the point that my whole form had something to say to me, people I didn't even know from a different year group would randomly call me names I had people coming up behind me and kicking me for no reason at all, and the school wouldnt do ****.My mum tried and tried to set up meetings, tried to resolve this but they didn't do anything. They punished me for it, they stuck me in a room on my own with a TA, they didn't say anything to the bullies, so I was still getting kicked on the way home from school, I was still being called names. I honestly wanted to end my life. I was skiving school, on my own, who even does that? Despite the fact that my mum tried to resolve this, she still got fined, she got fined for her own daughter hurting. Hardly seems fair really. It doesn't always stem from bad parenting or lack of parenting, because some parents try their damned hardest for their children to have the best life they could possibly have.

Reply Posted by William on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 20:31
I'm sorry she went to jail, but lets have all the facts. she was already going to jail and they suspended her sentence. But what about the lady who has done everything short of beating her child and the girl still refuses to go to school because she is being bullied? Why are the parents of children leaving school being held responsible? I put my children in the care of the school, so why aren't they responsible if the child leaves under their watch? The problem here is the government, we are not allowed to discipline our children, we are not allowed to make our children do anything they don't want to do, but we are responsible when or children grow u with no respect for the law or for anyone else. Bullshit!!! I was spanked as a child, I had chores, I was taught to say Yes Maam and Yes Sir to ALL adults, and I knew better than to argue with my Mom or Dad. I now have 6 children of my own and RESPECT is the most important lesson I have taught any of them. Respect yourself and others, and I'm not afraid to discipline my children when it's needed. Anytime you allow a child to make the decisions that an adult should be making, it is time for that child to go out in the world and be an adult. Until that time, my house, my rules. Treat your kids with respect, teach them to respect and there wouldn't be as many damn school shootings or gang bangers in the world.

Reply Posted by lisa harrison on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 20:40
if the child is unhappy in school, it isn't the law to send her, she can be home schooled, may daughter was being bullied in school, the school did absolutely nothing about it, i pulled her out, she spent 7 weeks at home, the welfare officers & the police even stated it wasn't the law to be in school as like i said earlier there is the option of home schooling...

Reply Posted by Ada on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 21:16
It is law that a child attends school from 4 to 16yrs and beyond if appropriate. Failure to send your child to school is breaking that law. How you are punished depends on lots of components. This mother in question has broken the law on many occasions and must take the consequences. An old adege, spare the rod and spoil the child. Very true in many cases.

Reply Posted by Claire on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 21:28
This is disgusting, there's worse ppl out ere committing serious crimes but nothing seems to happen to them. The poor woman doesn't deserve to go to prison for her children not going to school, there is a reason for everything, her children could have been poorly or anything. THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IS UNREAL.

Reply Posted by Paul on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 22:01
Schools responsibility as soon as kids enter the school premises therefore councils. Personally I think authorities are getting away with too much, its just another money making scheme and tax fiddle for bmbc. Bent as they come they are.

Reply Posted by WTF? on Friday February 26 2016 at 06:44
Where in the OP does it say that the children actually entered the school?
Nowhere!

Reply Posted by Fred on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 23:13
Claire , get real are you so naive ? "Here children could have been poorly" , it's absolutely crystal clear that only a complete moron can't see this is a typical case of diabolical parenting, it takes years to get to the point of prison, its the children you should feel sorry for they have no chance whatso ever in life with parents who are incapable of parenting !!

Reply Posted by Jess on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 23:17
On the flip side what about all the schools who also have a duty of care?! Some schools are failing the most vulnerable children, resulting in years of missed education due to social, emotional and health implications. When will schools also be held to this level of accountability?

Reply Posted by Sheryl on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 23:56
Absolute disgrace , so instead of trying to find the full reason of why .... we will just waste tax payers money and send a woman to prison and leave three kids motherless for weeks /months . Yeah sounds about right ! There is obviously underlying issues as to why it has resulted in this getting like it is . I wouldnt be quick to judge the parent either , over last few years i had to deal with schools as a parent of 2 sons .... they are not all innocent . I have alot of issues with the current school my youngest is in , and he hates it (goes but hates it) i spend most of my work life on phone to that school and most of my days off there . Yes move him would be most obvious to do although he half way through his options and takes some exams at end of this year , could work out more damaging if i did . I hope this family and their mother recovers from such a ordeal and dont become even more fractured by the society we live in now and our not SO free country

Reply Posted by J on Tuesday February 23 2016 at 23:59
My child was removed by school, I do all and fight for him to get back but all what I heard is wait wait... So my child who is over 5 is in home with me, I'm single mum ... so I would be next because he isn't in school? Or because he no will be able going everyday to school when he start again because he has ASD and afraid of been ou of house because of his disability?

Reply Posted by Lisa on Wednesday February 24 2016 at 00:25
I'm a single mum with 5 kids and it's the hardest job I've ever had. When one gets poorly more often they all do I ring wen they are not in school yet I get threatened with prosecution but if my child goes into consequences he is not made to do any work so you tell me what's the difference

Reply Posted by Bill bailey on Wednesday February 24 2016 at 02:38
I used to work in a residential home for Barnsley council and they are Hippocrites as a large proportion of children he thier care never attended school but they were never held to account .
Also parents have the right to remove thier children from school at any time and self educate .
Who is caring for her daughter now , the council and if she still won't attend who will they prosecute then it should be the council director but I don't think that's likely

Reply Posted by Ian on Wednesday February 24 2016 at 07:34
All things in this country going of and you send a mother to prison SHAME ON YOU

Reply Posted by Teresa white on Wednesday February 24 2016 at 10:59
She should have sent them but my god, she's got longer than a pedo gets, where's the justice in that one , let's take her away from her children, bmbc you want to be ashamed

Reply Posted by Teresa white on Wednesday February 24 2016 at 11:06
@ j , my asd son got kicked out of school , was on just mornings before that , I had to give my job up to look after him, maybe the education should have gone to jail for keeping my son with no school to go to

Reply Posted by Fedup on Wednesday February 24 2016 at 11:34
Maybe instead of penalising the parents that have tried to get them to school penalise the children, make it so that if you havent finished school you cant be in receipt of benefits when you come of age. They think they are big and clever in choosing not to attend school for a free education why should they be entitled to free benefits when they cannot get a job due to no education?

Reply Posted by Educated on Wednesday February 24 2016 at 12:44
There are very few details of the case in this story, certainly not enough for me to give any opinion on anyway. What I would say is that the spelling on some of the comments left is nothing short of criminal though.

Reply Posted by Lola on Wednesday February 24 2016 at 18:35
I totally agree with you, the spelling on these posts are really bad. I am afraid todays education falls short of our expectations, especially when you have "text speak".
My concerns lay with the amount of children who are brought up by parents who have a total lack of any educational skills at all....worrying that:(

Reply Posted by Andrea on Wednesday February 24 2016 at 13:17
The education system is not right for all children and parents . ALL PARENTS HAVE THE RIGHT TO EDUCCATE THEIR CHILDREN AT HOME . You just right a letter removing their children from the education authority . All children should have a right to have a good education but where you do this is completely up to the parent with parental responsibility .

Reply Posted by Educated on Thursday February 25 2016 at 09:13
See above, my point exactly.

Reply Posted by al on Thursday February 25 2016 at 15:56
You couldn't make this up.

"All parents have a right to educcate (sic) their children at home. You just right (sic) a letter"

Reply Posted by Nicola ellis on Wednesday February 24 2016 at 17:02
I have a special needs child who often refused school tobbigvgor me to physically remove to school especially after my spinal ok. I try butvget beaten black and blue support hell no. And no support from school can't go in special needs unit cause not autistic , make my day throw me in prison three hot meals a telky to sit and watch which I can't do, weeks of not being beaten up and sleep at night , which again don't get at home whilst my child struggles with his anxieties . Go look at real stories in the country like prime minister's and alike swindling money away from childrens services and taking parent power away .

Reply Posted by Fred on Wednesday February 24 2016 at 21:18
Lola you are so right, it's a vicious circle of parents who don't work have no desire to work, having children who think this type of life is normal, we are now looking at third and four generations who don't even now what it's is to contribute to society ! God help them!

Reply Posted by ... on Wednesday February 24 2016 at 23:47
Unless you know her there's no need for criticism... To me she's a brilliant mother and despite them having low attendance they are still well looked after and cared for the way they should be
So what gives anyone the right to lock her away from her children,how is the youngest supposed to understand where her mummy is
Just shows how careless and heartless the authorities can be

Reply Posted by Fred on Thursday February 25 2016 at 12:10
It's very very simple, send your kids to school like most folk do and their will be no issue, who's know they may even get an education, get a job and have a productive and happy life, without being a burden on system !!

Reply Posted by There is no hope! on Thursday February 25 2016 at 16:49
If these posts are a snap shot of the quality of parenting in the Barnsley area then I despair!
This parent like ALL parents will not have just been thrown in jail because her kids didn't turn up for a week. This will have been going on for months if not years.

There will have been all sorts of support offered and obviously refused/ignored.

There would have been opportunity for her to prove she is trying via a parenting contract in which she would have had to sign her children into school every day ( and yes if they leave after, this would be proof she had done her bit ) This is normally ordered at the first court hearing. So obviously this will have been ignored also.

You cannot just let your children not go to school and then when someone questions it say 'well they don't have to go, I can home shool them' It doesn't work like that. There is a procedure to follow to home educate children.

I have heard lots of people say things like 'You can't discipline your kids any more. So what are we supposed to do?' Who has banned you from disciplining your children?
Oh, you mean we're not supposed to hit our kids these days?
There are 1001 ways to discipline children without resorting to violence. Just takes a little more time and effort. It seems a lot of people can't be bothered putting that effort in!

Back to the main topic of the Mother being sent to prison...

To allow (yes she obviously allowed it) her children to stay off school, is denying them an education and social interaction with their peers. That falls under the category of neglect. Which is child abuse. Which, funnily enough is a crime.

Hey why not feel sorry for all child abusers and kick up a fuss when they are jailed. Or does it not count if you don't physically hurt them?

Reply Posted by Fred on Thursday February 25 2016 at 18:44
Here here. At least one sensible opinion on here !

Reply Posted by Ky on Thursday February 25 2016 at 09:17
What a disgrace to think it's appropriate to send a message to people by jailing a mother and forcing her to be separated from her children. That could have detrimental consequences on the children's psychological well being so they would not thrive or do well in school anyway. Great logic there!

Reply Posted by WTF? on Friday February 26 2016 at 07:10
And what about the psychological well being and detrimental effects to the children if they are NOT taken to school?

My 15 year old daughter was kept off school by her mum because her mum wanted her as a babysitter for her younger siblings,
I went to court and gained custody for my daughter last month and she has now moved 35 miles to live with me.
At this stage in the GCSE year NO school will touch a year 11 with a barge pole. Especially when they have done no coursework/ controlled assessments.

As a result of her mothers down right laziness my once A/B grade daughter cannot take her GCSEs this year. She will have to enter college with zero qualifications and work her damn backside off to gain what she has lost!

Reply Posted by Gemma on Thursday February 25 2016 at 14:10
Everyone is saying poor kids been separated from mum, the kids who were not going to school knew what would happen as she already had a suspended sentence. They kept on doing the same thing. They have no concern for the mother and don't give a s/it.

Reply Posted by John on Thursday February 25 2016 at 18:07
Who pays for all of the kids while mother is in prison?. Yes Joe public again just to satisfy a set of useless politicians without an ounce of common sense. Rob a Bank and they only get a rap on their wrist. This once great country has now gone to the dogs, how much lower can it go?.

Reply Posted by rachel on Friday February 26 2016 at 01:39
i have three children me nd my husband both work full time and children are always at school and as a 7, 5 ,4 years olds they have had 100%the only day they have had off is last year when we lost my nanann although I understand parents who struggle to take there children to school as a mother I want the best for there further. And will always ensure I do my best but sometimes there are things like bullying we don't always now why parent don't send there children to school but am sorry theres more deserving people that need that person cell some people just need a helping hand.

Reply Posted by Just done on Saturday February 27 2016 at 16:16
when you bring a child into this world you have a responsibility as a parent to give that child every chance in life and to support and care for that child during at least there first 16 years.

It includes showing your child right from wrong.Givem them love and the best opportunity in education the schools can offer.

Failing to send your child to school is a criminal offence. This mum has gone to prison she will be out soon.The damage she is doing to her children will be a sentence on them for the rest of there lives. There education is priceless.

So my point is simple if you can not give your child the best start in life then DONT have kids.

I do however strongly feel for children bullied at school with social media plays a big part. Every school should have a dedicated member of staff that deals with these kind of issues.

No child should be afraid to go to school.

Reply Posted by Zara on Friday February 24 2017 at 00:50
Seriously like WTF. So if a child is getting bullied and refuses to attend school after their parent informs the school n they basically do nothing then said parent gets prosecuted.do the officials actually realise what pressure parents are under these days, I think not!!!!!

ipso Regulated