Upload a photo Upload a video Upload an mp3 Upload an event


Cigarette Sparks Kendray Blaze

Friday June 15 2012

Fire Engine - Wayne Gilmore Fire Engine - Wayne Gilmore

FIRE crews had to battle a kitchen fire in Kendray on Thursday that was started by a cigarette.

Firefighters from Barnsley station were called to the property on Gerald Road, Kendray at around 3pm - it is thought the fire was caused by the contents of an ashtray being emptied into a bin.

The blaze damaged a worktop and cupboards but didn’t spread beyond the kitchen.

A fire service spokesman said: "The careless discarding of smoking materials is a major cause of house fires. Please make sure you check that cigarettes are fully extinguished before disposing of them."

Leave a comment
comments powered by Disqus

ipso Regulated