Hundreds of fines for littering

Thursday February 4 2016

HUNDREDS of fines have been issued for littering and dog fouling in just one area of Barnsley.

The Central area - which covers Dodworth, Kingstone, Stairfoot and Worsbrough - saw 730 fines issued by enforcement firm Kingdom Security.

The fines were issued as part of the area council’s priorities to create a ‘cleaner and greener’ environment and is one of a number of services and operations to target litter and dog fouling in the five wards.

Reply Posted by Katy on Thursday February 4 2016 at 16:47
Barnsley Council should visit Great Houghton. We are dodging dog crap everyday on our way to school. It is absolutely disgusting and more needs to be done to stop irresponsible dog owners. We have to look down all the time to avoid it!!

Reply Posted by Steven James on Thursday February 4 2016 at 17:24
What an absolute money making scheme it is for BMBC!
Whilst I don't condone the dropping of litter, the egotistical "enforcement agents" are absolute scum of the earth working in a "non job" and are about as liked as bailiffs.
What a money spinner eh?

Reply Posted by Hmm on Thursday February 4 2016 at 17:50
Are you stalking them or something?

Reply Posted by Dave on Friday February 5 2016 at 00:25
Lets look at this logically who is getting fined .

is it teenagers throwing litter about No they cant do anything
is it middle class people no they shop online and don't go in town

is it pensioners that have to go to the post office where they entrap them because they are a easy target Yes

Is it poor people on benefits that have a minutes laps and drop some litter yes

is it the people with learning disabilities yes .

once again its a tax on the poor,disabled and elderly easy targets for a corrupt council .

Invest the money in bins,pot holes,and community resources instead of paying street wardens £23000 each to target the weak and disabled.

Reply Posted by MrCorrection on Friday February 5 2016 at 10:08
Let's first look at this logically and see who is getting fined. Is it teenagers throwing litter about? No. Is it middle class people? No. They all shop online and don't go in town. Is it the pensioners who have to go to the Post Office where they entrap them, because they are a easy target? Yes. Is it the poor people on benefits that have a minute of forgetfulness and drop some litter? Yes. Is it the people with learning disabilities? Yes. (WTF??)

Once again it's a tax on the poor, disabled and elderly, who are easy targets for our corrupt council. Invest the money in bins,filling pot holes, and proper community resources instead of paying street wardens £23000 each to target the weak and disabled.

Reply Posted by Big T on Friday February 5 2016 at 12:38
Are you for real? It doesn't matter who they "target", the fact is if litter is dropped and not picked up (and that includes tab ends from scruffy folks) then they are breaking the litter law and must pay the fine. If it is from pensioners then they should know better. If it is from people with learning difficulties that know no better then they should be with a carer that is responsible for them and it is those that should know better. There is no excuse.

I say good on them and hope the fines keep racking up and something is done about scruffy people who dont care about their surroundings.

Reply Posted by John on Friday February 5 2016 at 13:00
Completely agree Big T. Some people need to grow up.

Reply Posted by David Taylor on Monday February 8 2016 at 19:48
Absolute load of rubbish!
I had just had a fag and was walking across to the bin near to the local shop as I needed milk, gust of wind nearly blew me over and had no choice but to drop me tab end as the gust nearly blew me into the road.
Car screeches to a halt and I was fined £75.
I tried pleading my case but there was absolutely NO flex In the Nazi but I had the last laugh when I gave him a fake name and address!

An absolute money making SCAM!

Reply Posted by Katy on Friday February 5 2016 at 16:22
We wouldn't need any wardens if people respected their surroundings and didn't drop any litter or let their dogs foul. It's not rocket science. Put rubbish in a bin or take it home. Pick dog poo up and put it in a bin or take it home!! There's nothing hard about it.

Reply Posted by katie on Sunday February 7 2016 at 04:05
Barnsley Council should visit Grange Street, Hanover Street and Hanover Square at Thurnscoe to see all the dog crap . Its disgusting you even have to dodge it when you are driving never mind walking .

Reply Posted by Janet on Sunday February 7 2016 at 15:59
Barnsley council should go down Honeywell lane were all the students are having to park as they are now being charged to park onsite at the sports academy ,so are parking here and surrounding streets irresponsibly,they'll make a fortune the students must empty they're vehicles of rubbish when they pull up win win for council me thinks make em pay for parking or fine em for littering why keep increasing in size if there aint no parking available the sensible solution would have been to create parking on the sports field facing instead of selling off for housing.Even the one on old mill lane was closed that was ideal and affordable for the students instead they are just creating parking issues when there is little enough for the local residents already.

Reply Posted by Gavelar on Monday February 8 2016 at 11:58
Janet it is not illegal to park on a public road so you cannot fine them for that. As with most public organisations including the council and hospitals the college now neither offers enough parking and then charges the staff and users as a money spinner for the priveledge it's happening everywhere.

If the students are littering then get in touch with the college, I'm sure they will sort it out - you know the students are sports students so will act

Reply Posted by janet on Monday February 8 2016 at 12:10
@Gavelar I know it aint illegal to park on a public road,but double parking all the way down bumper to bumper to bridge should be(accident waiting to happen).

Dont really know y being a sports student would make them act.

As for the rubbish if the people in charge of the academy carnt see it all lined in the gutter down both sides then they must be blind.

Reply Posted by Dawn on Sunday February 7 2016 at 17:19
Well someone should patrol wombwell centre then ... the bus shelter is disgusting. Full of tab ends.. also needs a good clean & wash .. people can't put their bags on the ground....

Reply Posted by bazpot on Tuesday February 9 2016 at 11:19
Nobody drops more litter than The Binmen.

Reply Posted by mary jolly on Tuesday February 9 2016 at 15:28

We have two large dogs and pick up all their waste. I don't see why everyone cannot do the same. I have seen people let their dogs off the lead so they can pretend they havent seen the dog go to the toilet also looking the other way so as not to see the dogs pooing so they can say " oh I didnt notice".The waste ground by the new houses being build on Washington Ave Wombwell is a great place to see people take their dog off the lead and let them poo all over and not clean up after them. It is not nice to try and avoid it.

t

Reply Posted by Shan on Tuesday February 9 2016 at 15:50
The children's play area on Ben Bailey estate behind Sainsburys in Shafton is an absolute nightmare. We no longer take our grandson there as its so disgusting

Reply Posted by Mark M on Tuesday February 9 2016 at 16:09
people who don't pick up their dogs crap are scum, regardless of their class, end of.

Reply Posted by Maree Rowley on Tuesday February 9 2016 at 16:43
They should come onto my Green and see the same offenders that take his two dogs on it every day and never cleans up after them everybody else does so why his he so special

Reply Posted by Tom on Tuesday February 9 2016 at 17:34
I used to arrange regular meetings and outings in Barnlsey but changed destination due to complaints from people attending about the enforcement of these fines.
Instead of 10-20 people each spending 10-50 pounds in Barnsley once per week, we now meet in Sheffield where people are not treated as cash cows by the council.
For the sake of a few fines, the town has lost 100-1000 pounds of trade per week.
Kingdom security might be better off, but the town certainly isn't.

Barnsley is no longer a nice place to visit, instead of trying to welcome people and increase trade and becmoe a 21st century market town, it seems visitors are seen as cash cows to be persecuted and milked via fines. People soon stop visiting and the town suffers.

Reply Posted by Eve on Tuesday February 9 2016 at 17:34
Excellent work and hope that these people learn a lesson. Do agree with comments re the bin men, most of the litter on our road is left by them after emptying the bins. Areas within walking distance of the town centre suffer heavy littering due to the high foot fall so recommend more patrols in these areas.

Reply Posted by Chris on Tuesday February 9 2016 at 17:49
Wana cum round new lodge it dog **** city round here all ova paths

Reply Posted by Carol Moxon on Tuesday February 9 2016 at 18:38
I just cannot understand why when someone keeps letting thier dog fowl my footpath that even though I have reported it several times you still cannot catch them

Reply Posted by Heather on Tuesday February 9 2016 at 19:30
make them pay its disgusting , dog poo every where . I have 2 dogs but I always pick it up .

Reply Posted by Yawn.... on Wednesday February 10 2016 at 00:49
Moan moan moan all you want people, if you drop your litter then you should be fined. I don't drop mine so shouldn't anyone else, no excuses... I want to live in a clean town, not a dump and thats what the enforcement firm are there for and I'm glad they are.

Reply Posted by Lol on Friday February 12 2016 at 15:41
It's all a load of crap when I got pulled up for dropping a bus ticked I told them I already pay my tax so go do one lol you don't have to give them any information about you just walk away no fine it's easy lol they can't do anything

ipso Regulated