Crackdown for Kendray after chicken game

Friday January 29 2016

Police Car Lights Police Car Lights

CHILDREN playing chicken with a bus on a busy road in Kendray are at the centre of a police crackdown.

Police reported increased action after an escalating number of reports which ranged from kids playing chicken to locals being intimidated by groups of youths who were thowing rocks at passing traffic.

Inspector Julie Mitchell from the Barnsley West Local Policing Team said such behaviour will not be tolerated and officer patrols will be stepped up.

She said: “The behaviour of these young people is completely unacceptable and their actions, particularly stones being thrown at buses and cars, puts the safety of other members of the public at risk.”

Anyone with concerns about antisocial behaviour or information about those involved in these incidents can speak to a local officer on patrol or call 101. If a crime is in progress or a life is at risk, call 999.

Reply Posted by Jack on Friday January 29 2016 at 13:55
Yep ... Kendray kids again.. Dragged up not Fetched up.

Reply Posted by leanne on Friday January 29 2016 at 15:28
excuse me jack its not ALL kendrey kids! n there not all DRAGGED up

Reply Posted by Neil on Friday January 29 2016 at 18:16
ya right Leanne let us judge our own kids an not let others do it wat a name jak a bet it ad the lad on the end of it lol

Reply Posted by Malcolm K Humphreys on Saturday January 30 2016 at 14:18
The kids who hang around Birk Road were basically cheeky and a little mischeivous until a handfull of lads from other areas, started mixing with them, Surely the problem will settle if those lads were given an exclusion order and the one seventeen year old from Kendray given a curfew

Reply Posted by kendray ken on Saturday January 30 2016 at 23:31
Kendray kids are the worse kids I've ever come across.they are ignorant.big headed yobs who should be caught and charged nevermind what the so called do gooders think.

Reply Posted by Barnsley lass on Sunday February 7 2016 at 18:46
WELL SAID

Reply Posted by Tracy on Sunday January 31 2016 at 19:32
Ok, just to set you all straight. These kids are NOT from Kendray, they are from Worsbrough, Birdwell and surrounding areas. My kids live in kendray and are well behaved. So before you tar everyone with the same brush can I please ask that you look A little closer to home before you judge.

Reply Posted by Inmyopinion on Sunday January 31 2016 at 20:14
I agree some comments and say that the kids in Kent ray are no different to any where else. They are kids and when you get a few together they do daft things. They need to do something safe before they cause an accident or involved in one

Reply Posted by Graham Nicholson on Sunday January 31 2016 at 20:25
What the hell what there parents doing what's a point sending them letters out one kid part of gang said letter useless my its all rubbish playing chicken with a bus I work at 5ives on my scheme every time we call the police we get call a grass what smashing place up swearing at us

Reply Posted by steph on Sunday January 31 2016 at 21:49
kids are kids we have all done it put ya hand on ya heart if u anit cos its fun too them they will learn in end leave them be

Reply Posted by caroline on Sunday January 31 2016 at 22:04
they will learn when they are run over or cause a serious accident

Reply Posted by . on Sunday January 31 2016 at 23:47
I now avoid certain parts of Kendray after dark as I genuinely feel unsafe when travel down Berk Ave briefly as I see the crowds. I've had rocks thrown at my own car and kids trying to play chicken with me. I've almost contacted the police myself.

Reply Posted by kg on Thursday February 4 2016 at 09:55
simple sollution put yah down on the accellerator

Reply Posted by P on Monday February 1 2016 at 06:34
I now have a dash camera just in case one of these little idiots jumps in front of my car or does anything while I am driving past.

Reply Posted by Damien on Wednesday February 3 2016 at 20:42
Not all children can be tarred with same brush but some parents only have the kids in my eyes for the pound notes they get and as long as there not under there feet or interrupting Jeremy Kyle they can do what they want

Reply Posted by Me, Here, Now on Thursday February 4 2016 at 12:39
Let`s hope one of these idiots ends up under the bus....see how brave the rest of them are then !!
The only downside I can see is for the poor driver.