Brewery reveals Arcade bar plans

Wednesday December 23 2015

Arcade Arcade

A DARTON brewery has plans to open a micro bar that will serve craft beers at a former cake shop down the Arcade.

Two Roses Brewery hopes to use the small cake shop premises on the Victorian Arcade for the venture, which will be an intimate bar with limited opening times.

Founder James Taylor said it would only open  Thursday, Friday and Saturday, from noon to midnight, and on Sunday, noon to 8pm.

Reply Posted by Paul on Friday December 25 2015 at 17:53
Welcome to the arcade James,hope the bar is a success and if there is anything we can do at Annie murrays to help,just ask.good luck

Reply Posted by Onlyme on Friday December 25 2015 at 23:24
Nice gesture by Paul Mc , l hope you thrive in your new venture. Nice to see a pub opening rather than the reverse. Good luck .

Reply Posted by James Taylor on Tuesday December 29 2015 at 09:18
Thanks Paul, that would be a great help. I am planning on introducing myself in the near future. I am sure you will be able to provide some valuable advice.
Thanks also to onlyme it is still early days awaiting our planning application to be approved but we value your comments.

Reply Posted by seabass71 on Monday January 4 2016 at 20:42
That fantastic! My husband is a big fan of real ale and is a regular at sampling your beer at our local The Talbot in Mapplewell. Would be great to be able to purchase your ales in mini kegs too. Good luck and we shall deffo be visiting the micro bar when you open.

Reply Posted by Alex on Tuesday January 5 2016 at 02:52
I work the beer festivals with Barnsley CAMRA! Would be fantastic to have a micro brewery in Barnsley, I'm sure we will all pay a visit. Good luck with everything!

Reply Posted by Andy on Tuesday January 5 2016 at 08:19
A welcome addition for real ale lovers like me.

Reply Posted by emily on Friday January 8 2016 at 09:48
this is such great news! my fiance and I are always saying we need some nice little local places opening up. good luck with it, we will definitely be in.

ipso Regulated