Upload a photo Upload a video Upload an mp3 Upload an event

News


Warning issued after Royston explosion

Tuesday November 3 2015


Fire Fire


FIRE crews were called to an explosion in Royston thought to have been caused by an incense stick.

Fire crews from Barnsley and Tankersley were called out to the property on Midland Road at around midday on Satuday. 

The incense sticks are thought to have set alight a pile of clothes which then caused nearby aerosol cans to explode, blowing out a window pane and damaging the wall of a ground floor bedroom.

No one was hurt in the incident, but fire crews spent several hours making the scene safe.

Station manager Simon Rodgers, who investigated the incident, said: “We’re reminding people to always put things like incense sticks and candles on solid, non flammable surfaces and to never leave naked flames unattended.”

Leave a comment
comments powered by Disqus



ipso Regulated