Update revealed in Cudworth supermarket plan

Friday November 6 2015

Aldi Aldi

DEVELOPERS have promised that a new supermarket will be open in Cudworth next year.

The Barnsley Road store has been in development since 2013 but has hit several snags.

But now an Aldi spokesman confirmed work is to be stepped up with work starting on site next year.

The store - which will create up to 30 full and part-time jobs, and a further 200 jobs during its construction - is being built on land which has been vacant since 1990 following the demolition of the former council offices.

Reply Posted by Beth on Saturday November 7 2015 at 08:58
I think we have enough budget stores in Barnsley now thanks to Aldi which have more or less built one at the end of every road. They might create 30 jobs but what's about the jobs and reduced revenue of local retailers when these stores keep opening in villages across the country.

Reply Posted by Me, here, now on Sunday November 8 2015 at 20:12
Beth, I don't know if you live in Cudworth, but I do. For years we have been ripped off by the Co-op as the only large store in the village, and I for one welcome Aldi coming to Cudworth.
With the influx of more housing over recent years, and more to come this new store will only help boost spend within the village.

Reply Posted by Lesley on Tuesday November 10 2015 at 14:00
We live in Cudworth too, and will be glad when Aldi is built. The Co-op is expensive. I do use other small local shops in Cudworth and will continue to do so when Aldi does open as there are some things you can't get from Aldi.

Reply Posted by sydney handley on Tuesday November 10 2015 at 20:29
about time this long awaited store is going to be built, it will be good for cudworth.

Reply Posted by Chloe on Tuesday November 10 2015 at 21:01
I just hope that these 30 jobs are offered to local residents before advertised in other countries

Reply Posted by juju on Thursday November 12 2015 at 16:39
That's disappointing.Can`t wait for it to open

Reply Posted by jean on Friday November 13 2015 at 10:05
I can't wait I have been waiting for this no more stair foot roundabout. look out coop move over

Reply Posted by MARIAN HUBBARD on Friday November 13 2015 at 15:52
HOW DO I APPILE FOR A JOB PLEASE O1226712969

Reply Posted by tony on Wednesday November 30 2016 at 22:33
you never get one spelling like that marion love

ipso Regulated