Barnsley FC trial opportunities on offer

Friday October 30 2015

Rainbow over Oakwell Rainbow over Oakwell

BARNSLEY FC is to offer trial opportunities for local footballers in a bid to pick up the late bloomers.

It has teaned up with the sports academy at Barnsley College to offer opportunities for college students wanting to embark on a career in professional football.

The college’s Athlete Development Manager Dave Penney, who has managed professional clubs including Doncaster Rovers and Oldham Athletic, will send talented players from college to Barnsley FC’s academy for a trial.

Ronnie Branson, Barnsley FC academy manager, added. “We are hoping to pick up late developers through this partnership, players who may not have been at the top of their age category at the age of 13 or 14 but who reach their potential at 16 or 17.“

Reply Posted by Patrick Hargan on Tuesday November 3 2015 at 12:33
Tall athletic Striker with an eye for goal

Reply Posted by David "tenacious" Galbraith on Tuesday November 3 2015 at 12:37
Best midfielder in ulster for my age

Reply Posted by Danny Johnson on Tuesday November 3 2015 at 17:10
I'm a great goal keeper, people linked me to Oliver Kahn

Reply Posted by Billy mole on Tuesday November 3 2015 at 23:56
Very fit midfielder with great vision

Reply Posted by Paddy on Wednesday November 4 2015 at 09:42
When is it?

Reply Posted by Aidan Van Der McLaughlin on Wednesday November 4 2015 at 11:17
Athletic, skilled shot stopper with dazzling feet. Basically the next Manuel Neur. #SweeperKeeper

Reply Posted by Connor Heritage on Wednesday November 4 2015 at 12:33
Refugees welcome?

Reply Posted by daniel ball on Wednesday November 4 2015 at 13:06
Good attacking midfielder with good vision

Reply Posted by Jules on Wednesday November 4 2015 at 14:14
What about the younger generation my sons 9 nearly 10 and a great little footballer should let some of them shine for a change give them oppurtunity barnsley miss out on all the younger talent because the big clubs snap em.up first bout time they scouted there own

Reply Posted by FootballScout on Wednesday November 4 2015 at 15:24
Jules, they have scouts out all the time watching kids around your sons age, if they think he is good enough they will invite him for a trial, unfortunately football is a very tough game to "make it" in. There is so many steps and it is so easy to fall at any hurdle. Trial stage - getting into the academy - impressing in the academy to gain a scholarship - doing enough to earn a professional contract - breaking in to the first team.

Barnsley FC have voluntary scouts who scout the Saturday and Sunday leagues from a young age all the way up to u16's.

It's fair to say if your lad is good enough he will be picked up. I'm sure if you made contact with the club they may be open to inviting him for a trial.

Hope this helps.

Reply Posted by Jon on Wednesday November 4 2015 at 14:52
left footed striker or winger.
Face pace.
Strong on the ball.
Got great vision.

Reply Posted by Jordan barnett on Wednesday November 4 2015 at 18:24
16 years old sweet left foot good right foot can play anywhere left back,left mid,centre mid...please give me a trial I will show you what I can do talk is cheap but doing it is what you want.

Reply Posted by sally on Wednesday November 4 2015 at 18:43
My son plays for his local team and has played since under 7s he also played for Barnsley school boys last season and now plays for south Yorkshire schools but unfortunately he's not 16 till February next year :-(

Reply Posted by Henry bell on Wednesday November 4 2015 at 19:13
I can play any where on the field up front or wing and I mostly play centre back been playing for a number of teams for years be a great opportunity thanks

Reply Posted by Tom Jackson on Wednesday November 4 2015 at 21:19
can play left back, left wing or upfront. 13 year old in year 9

Reply Posted by Kyle Thickett on Wednesday November 4 2015 at 21:27
Left back

Reply Posted by Corey Martin on Wednesday November 4 2015 at 23:27
Old school defender, with a lot of potential.

Reply Posted by Cameron hunt on Thursday November 5 2015 at 07:19
I am 6ft 1 and play centre midfield. I am good with the ball at my feet, and have excellent vision. I play in the U16s Sheffield A division and for The Sheffield United development.

Reply Posted by Luke bradshaw on Thursday November 5 2015 at 08:48
I have been playing football since I was 6 and played for Manchester United at a young age, I played for redfearns and also had a trial with Barnsley academy some years ago and I have just left atherslery recreation and now okay for BSA college and looking to make it pro, I play right back or either wing and like to get forward

Reply Posted by Anon on Thursday November 5 2015 at 16:20
never seen a bfc scout at Saturday or Sunday leagues in the 4 years I've been watching my son play....he plays for u11s now in both Saturday and Sunday leagues......they have great talent but I've never seen a bfc scout

Reply Posted by Unknown on Thursday November 5 2015 at 18:28
Can year 11's do this?

Reply Posted by P W on Friday November 6 2015 at 07:29
Anon, which team does your son play for?

Reply Posted by Anon on Friday November 6 2015 at 21:22
BSA U11s and Barnsley boys Saturday play

Reply Posted by Kyle Richards on Monday December 7 2015 at 09:14
I am a Canadian, 20 years old, a very skilled utility player, capable of playing any position on the pitch with precision and agility unmatched, available for a tryout ASAP.

Reply Posted by Connor Hughes on Thursday February 25 2016 at 12:17
Right back, but can centre midfield, baller on the pitch, captain my my club and county

Reply Posted by sharon on Friday April 15 2016 at 10:51
C/M R/W Playing fc from 6 yrs was with Bolton wonders untill 16. They always let the good ones go.At the time was scouted by Manchester city .has natual strengh pace and skills to be world class

Reply Posted by Callum carney on Thursday October 20 2016 at 16:39
Been on trial at MiddlesbroughFC from November 2014 till April 2015 but narrowly missed out. Recently been asked back in August 2016. Currently playing for Newcastle city juniors u16 and Northumberland county sfa u16s.

Reply Posted by Harry evans on Friday November 25 2016 at 15:01
I'm a 15 yr old midfielder with great all round football abilities. Was voted players player last year for Royston dynamos u16 at the age of 14! Just looking for a chance??

Reply Posted by Joseph Wynn on Tuesday January 10 2017 at 12:51
I'm a 20 year old centre midfielder. quick great vision agile forward thinking player I am wondering about a trail

ipso Regulated