Upload a photo Upload a video Upload an mp3 Upload an event

News


Woman treated for smoke inhalation after tea light accident

Thursday August 27 2015




A WOMAN was treated in hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire blamed on an accident with a tea light candle broke out.

Firefigthters rescued the woman from her home on Sheffield Road in Oxpring just before lunchtime last Friday.

It is believed that a tea light left burning in the kitchen set alight some plastic flowers in a vase.

Firefighters arrived to find the woman collapsed in the kitchen and gave her oxygen as a first aid measure.

She was then taken to hospital where she was treated for inhaling smoke.

South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was small and was extinguished with a glass of water.

Leave a comment
comments powered by Disqus



ipso Regulated