Poundworld to open new store at Peel Centre

Thursday July 23 2015

POUNDWORLD are opening a new shop at Peel Centre Retail Park in Barnsley on Thursday, July 30.

The new store located next to Maplin will create 30 new retail jobs for the town.

As part of the opening celebrations, young customers will be treated to a face painter on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Youngsters will also be able to get their hands on a huge range of licensed £1 Minions products.

Store Manager Terri O’Shea said: “We’re really excited to open at Peel Centre Retail Park, creating 30 new jobs for the town joining a host of other leading retailers including Argos and Pets at Home."

Reply Posted by emma on Thursday July 23 2015 at 13:28
Any jobs? and how do you apply for them? thanks

Reply Posted by Mr Reality Check on Thursday July 23 2015 at 13:47
Maybe try approaching the company directly and not the news website. Suggest using a search engine i.e. Google and maybe "googling" "Pound World Head office" which returns the postage address and telephone number.
They may have an online application form process but most likely you will have to provide a CV - Maybe draft a copy of your CV in advance - don't say "you don't have anything to put on your CV, a 1 page summary is better than nothing, academic skills are transferable, keep it short keep it relevant and make it bespoke - dont use terms like "I like reading and going out" - NEWSFLASH I read the shampoo bottle and stand outside often - employers dont care!
Most likely they will ask you to present at the store when it opens/as it prepares to open - suggest you arrive looking presentable i.e. not chewing gum with your headphones swinging from your shirt collar and ready to answer standard questions like "why do you want to work here" and "why should I hire you" - think about a suitable answer before you get there - i.e. dont say "If i dont get a job the jobcentre will stop paying me benefits" or "my parents are going to kick me out if I dont contribute" - say something apporpiate like "I think this job will give me opportunities to develop my skills further" and most importantly be honest.

And because I am awesome, they are advertising on job search engine indeed and total jobs (it appears I cannot paste the Link) however you are welcome :)

Reply Posted by Linda Hart on Thursday July 23 2015 at 14:34
So pleased as I like to look round the £1 shops. I don't go to Town much but go on retail park & the beauty of it there's no parking charges. I will definitely be buying from Poundworld.

Reply Posted by Fred on Thursday July 23 2015 at 18:47
Great more trash shops attracting trash people !

Reply Posted by Fred hater on Thursday July 23 2015 at 23:02
I'd knew there would be that one person that moans about this even before I scrolled down. Its an extra 30 jobs whether they are part time or full time, its at least something for Barnsley and what it needs. Boost in employment. May not be a great retail chain but is something!

Reply Posted by Taxi Pete on Friday July 24 2015 at 02:18
Well! You certainly gave Emma something to think about, Mr Reality Check. Not sure if it was written tongue-in-cheek, but it certainly made for a good read. Hope she gets a job following your advice.

Reply Posted by Ang Lewis on Monday July 27 2015 at 17:21
Any chance of a part time job please. Shelf stacking or Stores room. Will travel by bus.

Reply Posted by Fred on Tuesday August 4 2015 at 14:55
Im back!

Nothing new here I see. Barnsley still getting cheap shops for all the scruffs. How's Steveo these days and my pal Richard?