Microchipping Event Organised By RSPCA

Friday November 7 2014

A FREE microchipping event for dogs and cats in Barnsley has been organised for tomorrow.

The RSPCA's Barnsley branch is holding another event for pets at Hoyland Common Scouts Hall, Tinker Lane.

The event runs from 1-4pm.

It will become compulsory in 2016 to have your dog microchipped, so pet owners who haven't already had their dog done are advised to come along to this event.

Reply Posted by Rebecca Lane on Thursday October 30 2014 at 13:58
Do you need to book an appointment and is it for all barnsley residents or just people living in hoyland

Reply Posted by Mr C on Thursday October 30 2014 at 14:02
Rebecca - it is for all residents has most of them need micro - chipping and also leads on the scruffs.

Reply Posted by The real Mr C on Thursday October 30 2014 at 14:47
By the way that's my admirer using my good name to make them feel more popular I know its hard to live up to someone like me but even if you pretend to be me you still wont be me

Reply Posted by claire on Thursday October 30 2014 at 15:36
some of us are working to get the regulations overturned. Forcing cancer causing microchips into animals is wicked. So is creating a database that is really a dog licensing scheme. So don't get this done until the last minute before it becomes law - we hope it won't.

Reply Posted by Pet Owner on Thursday October 30 2014 at 15:46
I have seen no evidence what so ever of these causing cancer. These actually save lives, if a dog is found wondering the streets and they have a microchip they can be reunited with the owner whereas if the same dog was not micro chipped it could be put down because the rescue centres simply can't cope with the volume.

Reply Posted by Claire on Thursday October 30 2014 at 19:49
Not sure if this site will accept links Pet Owner but here goes:

www.antichips.com/

www.chipmenot.org.uk/whats_wrong.asp

the-shg.org/Compulsory%20Microchipping%20in%20Wales.htm

www.dog-register.co.uk/

theshg.wordpress.com/2012/04/22/government-plans-to-microchip-dogs-has-no-evidential-support/

Reply Posted by Niko on Thursday October 30 2014 at 22:38
Good information thanks Claire. My dogs are not and will not be microchipped. The RSPCA are behind this nightmare. I will never ever forgive them for this. Each of the organizations you have posted will be getting my support to fight this evil. There is an election before this takes hold. I will be voting pro-dog. I will also be talking to my MP to see if this can be opposed at this stage.

Reply Posted by Mr C on Thursday October 30 2014 at 16:32
Thanks pet owner
I had my dog chipped and he hasn't got cancer yet and I've had him for 7 years

Reply Posted by Mr C on Thursday October 30 2014 at 21:00
I must be the plans of the illuminati Claire I'm having my dogs chip took out now I knew the masons would be at the back of this some how keep waring you're tinfoil hat Claire

Reply Posted by Pet Owner on Friday October 31 2014 at 07:30
@Claire anyone can write a nut job article and place it on the Internet, however I prefer to go off facts, facts are I know thousands of ppl and less than a handful have pets with cancer and not one of them has anything to do with micro chipping. Crack pots like you are the ones who take their kids from a hospital to do home remedies and they end up dieing.

Reply Posted by dedatodd on Friday October 31 2014 at 12:51
Mine was chipped as a pup and is now close to 6, in my opinion all should be chipped and we should bring back dog licenses. This cost (although relatively small) will deter those that really shouldn't have a dog. Again this is my opinion and we are all allowed these.

Reply Posted by MikeWill on Friday October 31 2014 at 20:33
Facts like "I know thousands of pple and therefore I know more than properly conducted scientific research" Pet Owner? Claire is right to question what is being forced onto dog owners. As for home remedies, did you know that such remedies are being researched because the drug companies what to turn their active ingredients into medicines they can sell? Thought not.

Reply Posted by TobyFrank on Saturday November 1 2014 at 15:24
I just think it's another way of the Government to introduce another tax. There used to be a licence for dogs but not for cats.The more animals registered the better it is more them, start emptying you're pockets because if there isn't a charge now there soon will be !

Reply Posted by chip the Kids on Saturday November 1 2014 at 19:32
Why don't we have a charity that chips a kid. That way we can send them home at night or at least to where there smack head parents and pisssing up the wall are.

Reply Posted by Sasha on Friday November 7 2014 at 15:32
do we know how old pups have to be to hVe it thanks

Reply Posted by susan. woodhouse on Friday November 7 2014 at 16:59
How old does boy kittens have to be sniped

Reply Posted by june sprig on Friday November 7 2014 at 17:02
we had ours done at 6 mths,

Reply Posted by meme on Friday November 7 2014 at 19:56
Had my pup done when they had their 1st set of jabs..

Reply Posted by kath downes on Sunday March 27 2016 at 16:24
plz can u tell me wen this is happening thx u