NatWest Branch Announces Closure

Thursday August 28 2014

A NATWEST branch has announced it's closing its doors in November - due to the fall in people using it.

A spokesperson for NatWest's Royston's branch said the closure was due to fewer people using the branch for transactions since the introduction of mobile and online banking.

"We expect these trends to continue as more and more of our customers bank with us through our mobile app, by online and telephone and through our upgraded ATM network.

"We do understand some of our customers do not use the internet or the mobile phone app and prefer to be served over the counter.

"As a result we have come to an agreement with the local Post Office, which is close to the branch, so that customers can withdraw cash and check balances free of charge.

"Our branches are still very important to us and we'll continue to have one of the largest branch networks in the UK."

Reply Posted by bell stars on Thursday August 28 2014 at 15:38
Its a sign of the times there's more to come.

Reply Posted by melvyn Thomas on Thursday August 28 2014 at 16:44
It's closing because it only opens part time. I'd love to bank in the village but this last bank has short opening hours and has had for years.

Reply Posted by michelle on Thursday August 28 2014 at 18:55
It is closing because its a waste of time anyway. They cant do anything. I was shocked when I went in. They haven't even got computers so you can drae money out. You can't open a new account there. I even said to her so what can I do and she just laughed!! Will not be missed!

Reply Posted by sid on Thursday August 28 2014 at 19:31
I will miss Royston Bank. Hayley and the team are always pleasant and its a shame. I,all also miss popping into Jamie Attwoods excellent butchers, Roystons out of my area, but it was quicker than going into town and all that entails. Does anyone know if all post offices accept payments for Nat West or is it just Royston?

Reply Posted by natwest are worst bank on Sunday August 31 2014 at 09:27
You can only check your balance and withdraw at post office with a natwest account youve been able to for a while now but you cant make deposits you have to go to town for that. Its been same ages so its nothing this bank as sorted out ive been using post office since natwest only let you withdraw from natwest atm or post office. Joke of a bank dont like to make it easy for customers

Reply Posted by anon on Sunday August 31 2014 at 09:52
Whilst at Royston Nat West the other day,they said we could pay in at the post office now. Not sure though if its just Royston post office or all? Ask at counter to clarify.
I do agree,its very difficult to bank these days. I have to travel from cudworth to Barnsley to deposit. Not brill if I have to bank 3 times in a week!