School Reunion To Be Held

Friday September 5 2014

A REUNION for former pupils of a now-demolished school will be held on September 6.

The Oaks Secondary School in Kendray closed in 1989, having been used a backdrop for John Godber's film, My Kingdom for a Horse, shortly before it closed.

Jacqui Winder (nee Doherty), is organising the reunion at Underground, at the back of The Londoner on Shambles Street, to mark the 25th anniversary of the school's closure.

It will be from 7pm to 12pm and anyone who attended the school in the 1970s and 80s is welcome.

The theme is high school prom and prom dresses and suits should be worn. Partners are welcome.

Contact Jacqui on Facebook with any questions.

Reply Posted by dave parkin on Friday September 5 2014 at 16:01
I didn't attend the school as such but my dad was caretaker there from 1975 to 1978, I loved it there

Reply Posted by Diane Owen (Rookledge) on Friday September 5 2014 at 16:31
I was a pupil there 1969-1974. I now teach in Plymouth. I am taking my daughter to Birmingham university tomorrow and was thinking of popping up the M1. It was a great school and there were a couple of teachers there who helped me get to where I am now.

Reply Posted by Denny on Friday September 5 2014 at 16:50
My dad went to this school and had told me all about his years there, quick question he's asked me to ask
Of all the pupils who was the worst/school bully
Thanks

Reply Posted by ann robinson on Friday September 5 2014 at 17:20
I attended this school 1971 _'1976 with my twin sister kath loved school days

Reply Posted by SJB on Saturday September 6 2014 at 13:43
My auntie Doreen Taylor used to teach there. She passed away a few years ago.

Reply Posted by Jacqui Winder on Saturday September 6 2014 at 14:25
You don't need to come in a prom dress just come along and meet old friends

Reply Posted by Hmff on Saturday September 6 2014 at 15:55
I was there for the final year before it closed. I didn't know anything about this and now I won't be able to go :(. It would have been nice to catch up with old friends.

Reply Posted by Linda Robinson(Savage) on Saturday September 6 2014 at 21:29
Missed it :-( hope theres another one soon.

Reply Posted by michael Ingram on Friday September 4 2015 at 22:46
Would love a reunion from kendray Oaks Barnsley Class of 1976.

Reply Posted by Richard shirt on Tuesday August 30 2016 at 20:32