MP Launches Online Survey

Tuesday August 12 2014

Michael Dugher MP Michael Dugher MP

A BARNSLEY MP has asked residents for their opinions on a number of issues including zero hours contracts, wages and immigration.

The online survey, which is open to residents living in Michael Dugher's Barnsley East constituency, has been launched by the MP and invites constituents to voice their thoughts on the matters.

He said: "Since 2010, working people are £1,600 a year worse off, net migration has increased, there are three times as many zero-hour contract jobs, a record number of people in part-time work because they can’t get the hours, long-term youth unemployment has soared and more people are low paid and in insecure work.

"That's why this survey is so important. I want to hear the views of the people of Barnsley East and find out how they think we should address the big problems with our economy.

"Listening to as many people as possible is by far the best way to help understand what we need to make our economy work."

What do you think? Click here to take part in the survey.

Reply Posted by rainbow on Tuesday August 12 2014 at 19:05
Why not go out and meet some real people in his constituency instead of using his laptop from his London second home.???

Reply Posted by STEVEO on Tuesday August 12 2014 at 19:48
Ladies and Gentlemen, we FINALLY have proof that Dugher has absolutely NO IDEA what is happening in his constituency.

To the Rt Hon Michael Dugher MP for Barnsley East, you may remember me, I emailed you a while back but alas you never furnished me with a reply as both you and I know that the content of the email was absolutely spot on and now you come out with your silly online "survey" which just shows how out of touch with your constituents.

Yes, I DONT live in your constituency but I WORK in your constituency, and seeing as I CANT fill in your survey I will reply to the points you have raised further up this very page:

1 - Since 2010, working people are £1,600 a year worse off:
People were just as worse off BEFORE 2010 as Labour DIDNT legislate against Zero Hour / Annualised contracts!

2 - net migration has increased:
Labour failed to stem the tide on migration and bowed down to the EU at every turn. (this also intertwines with point 5 below)

3 - there are three times as many zero-hour contract jobs:
Big business have made it their utmost priority to cut costs, zero hours contracts were dreamt up and spread at an unprecedented rate when LABOUR were in power - ON YOUR WATCH DUGHER!
Big business have made BILLIONS of POUNDS by NOT paying a "decent" rate of pay and poor conditions.
Big Businesses such as Wetherspoons, Sports Direct and Mcdonalds that will only "employ" people on zero hours contracts AGAIN LABOUR FAILED TO LEGISLATE AGAINST THIS!

4 - a record number of people in part-time work because they can’t get the hours:

A month or so ago you were championing Sainsburys saying that the jobs that were due to be created in your constituency due to the building of the new store were "fantastic".
I wonder just how many of those jobs will be full time Mr Dugher?
Again, legislate to ensure that the large majority of the jobs will be full time instead of "pandering" to big business and letting them get away with anything they damn well like!

5 - long-term youth unemployment has soared and more people are low paid and in insecure work:

And finally, the unprecedented monolithic spread of "employment agencies" in our borough have had a CATYCLYSMIC effect on youth unemployment across the town.
These "employment agencies" ACTIVELY DISCRIMINATE against the youth of today by sending migrant labour to client workplaces and our young uns have absolutely NO chance of gaining meaningful employment whilst ever the "employment agencies" are allowed to discriminate with the stroke of a pen or the sending of an email.
Many others are in low paid and insecure work bacuse
A - Labour opened the floodgates and let in any tom,dick and harry.
B - Labour introduced the "minimum wage" which was FAR, FAR TOO LOW.
C - Labour FAILED to legislate against zero hours and the unscrupulous companies that have made massive profits off the backs of hardworking people who have to claim benefits to "top up" their meagre wages!!!!

Lets look at YOUR constituency in particular then shall we Mr Dugher.

ASOS - I remember seeing you on telly a while ago bragging about "ooh Labour paved the way for the Asos warehouse"

Do you REALLY know EXACTLY what has "gone on" at ASOS?

Are you sitting comfortably?
Then I shall begin...

Since Asos came to our town there have been in EXCESS OF TEN THOUSAND PEOPLE THROUGH ITS DOORS!
Poor pay and conditions, annualised contracts ad "employment agencies" that systematically discriminate against people corn and bred in this town / Borough as they will ONLY send cheaper migrant labour to ASOS!
52% od the workers at ASOS are of "migrant" origin, the large majority of which DO NOT live in the borough!

Symphony - Again more of the same but you may be interested to know that an ASTONISHING 92% od the workers at Symphony are of "migrant" origin.

Fresh pak - Again more of the same but Fresh pak broke the mould as they actively recruited directly from abroad instead of giving local people a chance..

Perkins Chilled foods - More of the same...

There you go Mr Dugher, seeing as though you asked oh and while I am on my soapbox here are a few ideas that may will gain the Labour Party a few more votes:

STOP ALL IMMIGRATION
STOP ALL IMIGRANTS BEING ABLE TO CLAIM EVERY BENEFIT UNDER THE SUN AND MOST DEFINATELY NO CHILD BENEFIT FOR THEIR KIDS BACK AT "HOME"
RAISE THE MINIMUM WAGE TO £10 AN HOUR
SCRAP ALL EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES
SCRAP ZERO HOURS CONTRACTS / ANNUALISED CONTRACTS

AND LASTLY but most certainly not leastly:

The Labour party needs to go back to grass roots and retain true to the original ideals of just exactly why the Labour party was set up

"the party of the working man for the working man"

Steveo over and out, for now!

Reply Posted by John on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 12:23
Don't necessarily disagree with you but I don't think it's entirely fair to say it was on his watch. He didn't start the job til 2010 when the tories got in. Can't blame him for what happened before he was in the job.

Reply Posted by dip dap on Tuesday August 12 2014 at 20:05
You can say that again.

Reply Posted by Left wing and proud on Tuesday August 12 2014 at 21:27
Freedom and independence for the socialist republic of South Yorkshire far to long the people of South Yorkshire have been overlooked by Westminster home rule for Scotland and South Yorkshire good grief Steveo do you honestly think that Mr D will listen to what the working people say for the past twenty years and longer the Labour. Party have been corrupted by the power of big business and the banks for profit no matter who suffers the true ideals of the Labour Party is no longer with us and until the working person gets rid of the attitude of I'm alright jack and let the devil take the last man there is no hope. With out honest and true men to be elected to parliament this country will become either an another American state or a European one

Reply Posted by red optimist on Tuesday August 12 2014 at 21:33
boooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggg

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Tuesday August 12 2014 at 22:08
well said @ the left wing is boring.

Reply Posted by sid on Tuesday August 12 2014 at 22:08
Here here

Reply Posted by +-+-+ on Tuesday August 12 2014 at 22:01
Yep mr optimist you sure are.

Reply Posted by pooky on Tuesday August 12 2014 at 23:34
Well said Steveo......all the out of touch idiots are now trying to backtrack and attempt to tell us what we already know!

Reply Posted by Barry on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 09:49
Hi Steveo, I do live in Mr Dugher's constituency, but I've yet to do the survey. I had a similar experience with regards to Mr Dugher not replying to a letter I sent. I've had a suspicion for sometime that local Labour councillors are very "tight-lipped" about National Labour policies. I'll need to some convincing when I get the chance to vote nationally. It looks like UKIP are doing more for Labour around the country than Labour themselves !

Reply Posted by grinds my gears on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 10:22
Well said STEVEO

Reply Posted by gail on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 12:08
There is no such thing as Labour they are now more conservative than the conservatives, all thanks to Tony Blair

Reply Posted by jj on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 13:28
Well said STEVEO every person i know is of the same opinion .Quite scary of the speed in which Barnsley is attracting migrants.Have a walk down town center and close your eyes Mr Dugger you'll mistake it for abroad.I wasn't aware we had that much spare housing in town.

Reply Posted by guido fawkes on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 21:58
Its not migrants from another country we are reaping the social housing benefit cap hey probably don't want to be in Barnsley like you don't want them in Barnsley and also greedy landlords cashing in on the southern house prices.

Reply Posted by STEVEO on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 15:20
john,
was a generalisation of the Labour party in general.
all Dugher spouts is utter drivel and has had more column inches than a page three bird.

it is evidently clear that he hasn't got the first idea about what is happening in his own constituency as he spends far too much time down in LONDON showing sycophantic tendencies to the Labour elite.

Dugher has had a meteoric rise through the Labour ranks in such a short space of time,makes you wonder doesn't it?

if not then it should.

a "true" career gravy trainer in every sense of the word.

again, for the record, I dont have a problem with the migrants per se, the problem I have is with the system that actively discriminates against our own people who don't stand a cat in hells chance of gaining fruitful employment.

Reply Posted by Lubie lou on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 16:43
Hi people people come people go from this country but we don't help ourselves it's a vicious cycle. British people don't want the jobs available most British folk have kids to stay on benefits and claim every benefit they can some people live an honest hard working life like myself I'm 21 I work at ASOS and have done for the past 3 and a half years yes it is full of non British citizens but the work hit as hard as we do to keep our families together keep a roof over our heads and have a few luxuries I agree on some of what you said with the minimum wage highering there should be no minimum wage every goes to to work to work and why shouldn't we be paid the same as everyone else people say we have Human Rights what's that these days I've seen folk go to work do 10 12hour shifts on annualised hours it's tiring I've witnessed it first hand you get no social life the money you earn most goes to taxes etc. you pay bills debts that you've borrowed from the previous months and still we struggle that's where all our problems come from I no some non British citizens that come here to get benefits and don't seek work that I find disrespectful to out country and shouldn't be allowed they should be at lest work trails or work placements to see if they are really here for the work and not the government funding we so desperating need. I am in a relationship with a Romanian who has lived in this country for 14yeard and since he's been here he has never claimed benefits he said he came for a better life not FREE handouts he also said the reason most people come here is because it's so easy or them to get money from the government if British people have to go on work placements appointments interviews get benefits stop because their 5 minutes late or too sick to go sign a piece of paper they get benefit stopped for 2 6 or 12 weeks no wonder people turn to bad things crime drugs murder depression anger theft it's to feed their kids mouths but we also defy the object here because British citizens are getting married and have children to a foreigner and live happy lives so why not we are all human we would drop bombs to save our children and do right by our families if it means going to another country to do this then if theirs no one stopping us why not.

Reply Posted by jackie on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 16:53
Some valid points, But I think you are missing some VERY valid points.

Too many allowed to come to uk

Not enough homes/schools/doctors surgeries.jobs

should have been a cap on immigration and better organisation of the above put in place.

Reply Posted by STEVEO on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 19:36
Some valid points and some not particularly valid ones either but I get the general gist of what you are saying.
I don't agree with the point you made about British people not wanting jobs
Here in Barnsley we have one of the highest youth unemployment rates for a town of our size in Western Europe.
Some people are desperate for a job they will do absolutely anything, however, while ever "employment agencies" actively discriminate against our young uns by only sending migrant labour to workplaces then what chance do they have?

You also said you worked at Asos, does it not irk you that Asos made £40 MILLION pounds last year but it WONT pay you a decent rate of pay even though it is evidently clear that they have the "where with all" to do just that?

Your bloke, good luck to him, sounds a hardworking lad and hats off to him for it.

You don't hear of many Romanians in town to be honest.
You also say you have a child with the lad, tell me once that child is grown how would you feel is your child, your own flesh and blood couldn't get a job because "employment agencies" will only take migrant workers?

To be brutally honest, Romanians have always been seen as the lowest of the low (no disrespect, bear with me!) this stems back from the second world war when they were allies of the Nazis.

Roma / Sinti people have been ostracised in their native Romania for generations, simply because they were, erm. immigrants that moved to Romania for a better life!

A little bit of history repeating there me thinks!

History lesson over for now....

Reply Posted by Pmf on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 17:28
I think the majority of MP's on all sides are self-serving crooks more interested in feathering their own nests.

Reply Posted by Fred on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 18:30
Replace 'the majority' with 'all' and your spot on

Reply Posted by Lubie lou on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 17:33
What's too many when should it be capped and why ?? We have many different cultures in England and to be honest if they come from poor backgrounds how come they can come over here open shops stalls markets etc and make jobs for themselves if they can do it why carnt we problem with the British folk is they try they give up too quickly they get angry at themselves we give up if we were in their shoes. If we had a family and we was struggling and someone said go to another country what you work for here is peanuts what you get over there you and your family will be supported for the rest of your life's no poverty no wars I've heard so many stories from people I work with and done stories I've heard are horrific to think what they went through the bombings the rapes murders war I feel sorry for them and they come here because we are supposed to be a welcoming country we are supposed to be multi-cultural country we were all born the same but we our the ones who chooses what we have and what we want colour size age backgrounds aren't a choice moving to another country wasn't their first choice either. It's about time we all got on and united together or we will be the ones starting war for our child's children.

Reply Posted by STEVEO on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 19:46
Lubie,
irrespective of what you think and you may be rather one sided as your bloke is Romanian, but, the time has come to say we have had enough, no more and as far as I am concerned there needs to be a cap on migrants but not only that I would go even further and introduce a "workplace cap" on migrant workers in the workplace.

I have just re-read your post and you are definitely missing the point of exactly why the migrants come here.
Do they just wake up one day and say to themselves " ya know what I fancy going over to England, it will make a change".

No love, they come her for one thing and one thing only - MONEY a LOT more money than they could ever wish to earn back in their home country.

However, I do agree with your "we are a welcoming country" we are that much of a "welcoming country" that there are now almost 5 MILLION immigrants of which 3 MILLION are of working age, but we STILL have over 1 MILLION 16-25 Year olds languishing on the dole because they simply cannot get a job as "employment agencies" will ONLY send migrant workers to client workplaces.
Yes we are a "multi cultural" society, but we are far from a "harmonious" society, the large majority of the incumbent migrant working populous do not, will not and point blankly refuse too integrate into British society which causes more than tension does it not?

Reply Posted by 4ft11andshrinking on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 18:07
Steveo you are spot on with all of your points, the biggest worry to me is that our culture is not as sacred as others are.

Reply Posted by No thanks on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 19:06
Why do you think they all come here in the first place? Because we're a soft touch. No more.

Reply Posted by Nic on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 20:36
New Labour: Tories with a NUS card.

Reply Posted by Lubie lou on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 21:04
I understand you completely but my point was not everyone should be treated the same all the foreigners that come over here around 10% of them do actually want to live here and make a change for the best.

I also understand the point you made about unemployment for the younger generation it is a struggle for younger kids these days but the government doesn't see that as a problem.

No matter what age range you are whether you highly qualified or not one of the brightest kids you do get pushed a side I agree on that and with it being OUR country it should be first come first served but what I'm trying to say is some people do work wether is from Chinese to Bulgarians to whatever culture we will never be able to stop imagrants getting the work first we've seen it with our own eyes the MPs don't give a **** they do help other cultures and other countries before they help their own but England is so lucky I'm not one sided at all I value your opinions and I think your correct in what you are saying but it's only a percentage that does come here to take our finances and work from us and they do make me sick I had straight A's and a diploma am I'm working on a medical degree aswell as working but I work to pay for debts loans and things for further education it does suck that all imagrants get everything paid for free nhs prescriptions funding free courses and I'm a British citizens I do realise that we're in deep **** but there's nothing we can do but bite our tongues and hope for better in years to come we carnt fight the men above they tell we listen but not every one is the same that's all I was saying theirs some genuine people that come from different countries to ours. X

Reply Posted by STEVEO on Wednesday August 13 2014 at 21:42
Lubie, good post and some valid points indeed, but we shouldn't be biting our tongues should we?
Really?

Yes another valid point about genuine people that come into our country, I work with people from Poland, Lithuania, Czech republic and Latvia and most of them are extremely hard working and integrate well.
There are a few of the Polish lads that even come on nights out with us as they want to integrate and be part of the community.
However, there are also a few that are downright aloof and are only interested in sending money back to their families back home.

Again and just to re-iterate, it is all about MONEY.

Reply Posted by Collet on Sunday August 17 2014 at 15:09
Pollatitions are only interested in there pay and local standing in the community,Labour as buggered this country up With Tony Blair and his cronies,and they are now trying to to put the blame on the opposition,what a load of W---nkers there all the the same,Power To The People,get rid et lot on em.