Robot Wars Comes To Metrodome

Tuesday June 17 2014

Metrodome Metrodome

MORE than 50 mechanical monsters will descend on the Metrodome this month as Robot Wars comes to town.

The popular television show finished a couple of years ago, but will return next month with everyone's favourite robots.

Current Robot Wars champion 'Eruption', along with previous champion 'Ripper' and crowd favourite 'Behemoth' will appear at the two shows on June 28 and 29.

The weekend, which will include battles and demonstrations, will also give people the chance to drive a robot.

Reply Posted by sid on Tuesday June 17 2014 at 20:54
Got our tickets! Glad they're coming to Barnsley.

Reply Posted by Dr Debate on Tuesday June 17 2014 at 22:26
@sid how much are tickets please.

Reply Posted by sid to the doc. on Tuesday June 17 2014 at 22:49
They're £16 for adults and £12 kids. 2 hour show. If I remember its around £50 mark to have a play and a go with them. Bit much. I found the Metrodome website rubbish,so bought mine from the robot site,it gives you e tickets to print off. Should be a good show.

Reply Posted by sid to de debate on Tuesday June 17 2014 at 22:53
Yes doc, £12 kids £16 adults. 2 hour show. If I remember its about £50 to have a mess about and play with them. Bit dear that. I found the Metrodome website terrible,so bought them direct from the robot website. Something different eh.

Reply Posted by Dr Debate on Tuesday June 17 2014 at 23:06
@sid just been on BPL website utter crap Gone on Robot wars site booked for Sat night. My lads 20 now we used to watch it on Tv when he was a kid. Can not wait to take him.

Reply Posted by sid to doc on Tuesday June 17 2014 at 23:13
Yes, BPL sites not user friendly for sure. Its turned into joke our end, we've got 4 adults ermmmm, taking an 8 year old. He's no idea who the robots are,but we needed a kid to use as the excuse.! He can't wait to take us. Lol.

Reply Posted by Dr Debate on Tuesday June 17 2014 at 23:22
@Sid I think the real reason your taking the 8 year old is he can drive the four adults home after a swift few pints and, the 8 year old a few driving lessons thrown in. I get the drift good thinking Sid.

Reply Posted by sid to doc on Tuesday June 17 2014 at 23:30
Ha! Yes,brainwave time! Let's hope this,s the start of a few more events that are fresh to Barnsley. Do you know much about the Lego club? Think that was in the Chronic a while back,but I didn't know we had a Lego club?

Reply Posted by Dr Debate on Tuesday June 17 2014 at 23:46
It's run By the Labour Controlled Council it stands for" Lets Everyone Gets Onhist"

You would be better of passing on that Sid.

Reply Posted by sid on Saturday June 28 2014 at 22:12
Robot wars!!! Excellent time! Enjoyed every minute. Did you think the same Doc?

Reply Posted by Dr Debate on Saturday June 28 2014 at 22:22
@sid brilliant did not what to expect at first great show. Went with my 20 year old son brought back some good memories. It was very well put together and to see Matilda was good. However did not get any sweets all the kids nicked them.

Reply Posted by sid on Saturday June 28 2014 at 22:41
We liked R2D2! Great night out. In fact its getting better,watching Metallica at Glasto now.

Reply Posted by Dr Debate on Saturday June 28 2014 at 22:47
Wanted one of those foam hands with a spanner on them. My son said no. So I put my hand up to be a mascot but again they did not see me.

Did take a selfie with R2-D2 at interval.also saw KFC & Mr Khan just having a Kestrel or two and heading back home too.

If any ones going tomorrow afternoon your in for a treat. Only downside loads of little kids at the show.

Reply Posted by sid on Saturday June 28 2014 at 22:53
Haha,little kids, they're the new fans! You just wanted to scoff the spice. My grandson 8 was thrilled. Glad we took him,it would have been brill in VIP seats but too dear,was jealous tho. Haha.

Reply Posted by Dr Debate on Saturday June 28 2014 at 23:19
We bought VIP tickets where was the VIP seats thought all seats was same just extra £10 to go back stage we sat on back row right end seats as you looked at arena. Did not go backstage queue was massive.

Reply Posted by sid on Saturday June 28 2014 at 23:27
Same here queue was too much. Not sure myself now about VIP,S . Its great to see stuff like this in our town eh. Makes a good change not having to trek off to the hell that is the Arena Sheff. Saying that,went to see War of the worlds there,that was Ace.

Reply Posted by Dr Debate on Sunday June 29 2014 at 00:14
@sid totally agree Barnsley has great venue to offer these events. Was a great night and people going tomoz are in for a treat.