MP To Run London Marathon

Tuesday April 8 2014

BARNSLEY Central MP Dan Jarvis is running the London Marathon in aid of Cancer Research UK on Sunday.

Dan, who ran last year's marathon in a respectable time of three hours and 46 minutes, says he is 'looking forward' to tackling the gruelling 26.2-mile course.

The MP, who is a keen runner, has already raised around £8,000 for the charity.

"I want to raise as much as I can, as well as helping to raise awareness about early diagnosis of cancer," he said.

"I know that we could save thousands of lives each year if people were more aware of cancer symptoms but unfortunately people put off screenings or going to see their doctor which sometimes leads to a late diagnosis.

"We must be bold in our attempts to combat the disease and if I can play my small part next April then I will be proud to do so."

For more information, click here.

Reply Posted by rainbow on Tuesday April 8 2014 at 13:05
Good old Dan, just can't keep him out of the news.

Reply Posted by kim on Tuesday April 8 2014 at 13:46
I hope the water dosen,t turn up and you will have to beg like a lapdog for a drink.. just like me one of the low paid in barnsley

Reply Posted by 4Ft11andshrinking on Tuesday April 8 2014 at 15:52
Let's keep it positive, even if we don't like his politics.

Reply Posted by guy fawkes on Tuesday April 8 2014 at 16:27
take him to pamplona

Reply Posted by Al on Tuesday April 8 2014 at 16:41
That's about right that iv tried for the last 4 years to run this race application after application for cancer charity lost my mum through it bet he ain't tried 4 years on trot just like the saying Who you know

Reply Posted by True red on Tuesday April 8 2014 at 19:24
Al and who's fault is that not dans if you have a gripe take it up with the organisers Well done dan on the £8000 raised and I do like your politics

Reply Posted by rainbow on Thursday April 10 2014 at 07:38
Take it your a True Red Nottingham fan.????

Reply Posted by Adie on Saturday April 12 2014 at 20:07
At the end of the day the marathon takes a huge amount of training, and anyone that puts that much effort into raising that much money from a very worthy cause deserves credit and respect, and certainly doesn't deserve some of these other comments