Tesco Seeks Planning Permission

Thursday March 20 2014

TESCO has asked for planning permission to install a new customer collection point at its Stairfoot store.

The retailer also wants to extend the area which processes online shopping orders, to increase its existing five-bay canopy to eight.

If given the green light, it will enable the store to increase its fleet of 14 home delivery vans to 25.

Tesco says the reason for the expansion is due to customer demand for more home deliveries, which cannot be met by the current fleet size.

Reply Posted by Mick on Thursday March 20 2014 at 10:05
Oh no! Tesco is already more full with staff picking 'online' orders than it is with shoppers, and they are so rude blocking the aisles with their giant trolleys.

Any news on Sainsbury's plans to take over the B&Q building?

Reply Posted by Angie on Thursday March 20 2014 at 13:58
I wouldn't blame the staff at tesco, they are doing an ever increasingly difficult job. I don't shop there if I can avoid it because of the dot com trolleys, so increasing them will ensure I won't be shopping there at all.

Reply Posted by andrew on Thursday March 20 2014 at 14:30
Until the next petrol coupon offer starts then you'll go back,

Reply Posted by Littleoldlady on Thursday March 20 2014 at 14:37
Just to clarify my job, a dot com trolley holds 6 shopping baskets, each 1 equal to a shallow trolley, you see we are not being rude we are working. I hear there are lots of supermarkets in Barnsley. Thank you for reading this post.

Reply Posted by Mick on Thursday March 20 2014 at 15:50
There are different ways to do a job and customer service should always come first. Some of the dotcom shoppers, and i'm sure you are one, are helpful & will step aside to let you get an item if they are getting lots of things from the area & will help you find an item if you don't know where it is. Too many though pretend customers are invisible and leave the trolley in awkward places while they walk about getting things or 2 of them get together for a chat totally blocking the aisles. Being nice works two ways. I'm often asked, or offer, to reach items from high shelves both for staff and other customers - especially little old ladies ;-)

Reply Posted by Littleoldlady on Thursday March 20 2014 at 16:44
@ Mick, you must be one of the polite customers who realise we are already helping online customers by shopping for them. If I have ever upset you by leaving my trolley in the way, I am sorry. If you have ever reached something for me then thank you kind sir:)

Reply Posted by Fred on Friday March 21 2014 at 18:24
Oh well, im just waiting for Sainsburys to open.

ipso Regulated