New Parking Charges Brought In From April

Wednesday March 19 2014

THE flat rate parking charge at Worsbrough Mill will be scrapped from April 1.

Its standard £3 per day charge will be replaced, with more flexible charges being brought in. Visitors will be charged £1 for one hour, £2 for two hours or £3 for a full day's parking.

A Barnsley Council spokesman said: "I'm sure that the many visitors will appreciate the new charging options."

Reply Posted by rainbow on Wednesday March 19 2014 at 14:11
It should be £1 pound for all day.

Reply Posted by True red on Wednesday March 19 2014 at 14:22
That's fine but what about security I and others have parked our cars in the car park only to come back and find our windows have been broken and our boots have been jemmied open . Visitors would rather park on the farm side of the road where they are in clear view of visitors and employees of the farm I know it isn't ideal but better that then paying hundreds of pounds to get my car fixed

Reply Posted by Sue on Wednesday March 19 2014 at 17:17
I think you should get at least get 2 hours for a pound

Reply Posted by stan on Wednesday March 19 2014 at 17:18
I think its disgusting to pay that amount to literally park in a field with no supervision.

Reply Posted by David Birkett on Wednesday March 19 2014 at 17:55
It's an improvement but I wouldn't leave my car in their for free.

Reply Posted by Red Optimist on Wednesday March 19 2014 at 18:34
No and neither would I.

Reply Posted by STEVEO on Wednesday March 19 2014 at 18:48
I will continue to park my car on one of the streets above the dam, I will not pay £3 to walk round a reservoir .

Reply Posted by j on Thursday March 20 2014 at 08:07
Totally agree Steveo - nothing is for free these days, greedy *****!!

Reply Posted by g on Thursday March 20 2014 at 16:23
Used to be free didn't it?

I wouldn't mind but the last time I went the mill was closed and padlocked anyway.

Reply Posted by ha ha on Tuesday April 1 2014 at 08:07
the parking charges are a bit steep and security vould be better. but for god sake everyone wants sumert for nowt all time get a grip ha ha

Reply Posted by truth slayer on Tuesday April 1 2014 at 08:13
It's an April Fool joke the price is not going down as stated but actually going up instead

Reply Posted by Ray on Tuesday April 1 2014 at 09:22
BMBC Brains at work here.

1. Park on street for free where people are generally around discouraging thieves.
2. Pay for parking in a quite secluded car park with no security measures.

Didn't it used to be free? I still didn't use it then either

Reply Posted by rainbow on Tuesday April 1 2014 at 10:55
The car park is only used by people with free parking permits all the rest use the side streets. Don't know why the council even bother with parking charges at all.?

Reply Posted by Danny on Wednesday April 2 2014 at 13:01
Sup Barnsley council skint agen, stop wastin money on crap, park in housin estate round corner I used to do, not worth 1 quid to park in there theifs hot spot