Cat Survives After Being Shot Four Times

Tuesday March 4 2014

A FAMILY'S cat miraculously survived after being shot four times by callous thugs on Saturday night.

Three-year-old Tigger was rushed to emergency vets after being found in the garden 'covered in blood'.

Owner Sarah Taylor, of Reginald Road, Kendray, said her pet often goes to her mum Amanda's house in nearby Birch Road for something to eat.

Tigger failed to turn up when called in by Amanda, but she then noticed the stricken cat in her garden around 30 minutes later when she answered the door to a takeaway delivery driver at 10.15pm.

Sarah frantically rushed to her mum's house and found her pet struggling to move.

"It was devastating," Sarah said. "I honestly didn't think he would make it to the vets because of the state he was in. We thought he had been hit by a car.

"But the vet told us that he had been shot by what was most likely an air rifle at close range because his fur was burnt and there were four puncture wounds."

Tigger, who survived his ordeal, will now have surgery this week.

"Someone has done this intentionally and it's devastated our family," Sarah added.

Reply Posted by Me on Tuesday March 4 2014 at 13:19
Glad he survived... Those who did it need serious punishment in my eyes!

Reply Posted by new1 on Tuesday March 4 2014 at 13:30
Disgusting! pets are members of someone’s family, they wouldn't like it if someone did that to their family would they. pathetic little thugs!!! lowlifes!!!

Reply Posted by karen on Tuesday March 4 2014 at 13:32
vile ...... how do they sleep at nite......sommat needs duin abart all this n fast gerrum found and dish aht some worthy punishment..

Reply Posted by J on Tuesday March 4 2014 at 13:35
These sick people need putting down. And why was the fur burnt. No air rifle can cause burns?

Reply Posted by coz on Tuesday March 4 2014 at 13:47
the air rifle will have made burn marks because the barrel will have been centimeters away from the poor cat, old ****** rifles can kick some right smoke n heat out at point blank range.

Reply Posted by A on Tuesday March 4 2014 at 13:51
scum of the earth!

Reply Posted by Anon on Tuesday March 4 2014 at 14:05
So glad he survived hope they catch the thugs doing this to these animals

Reply Posted by kelly on Tuesday March 4 2014 at 14:47
Turn the rifle on them see how they would like it

Reply Posted by Nic on Tuesday March 4 2014 at 14:49
So glad the cat is ok. The scum who did this wants knee capping , most likely will be some scum of the earth who as been dragged up . Really pees me off stuff like this . Hope they catch the scum bag

Reply Posted by Becka on Tuesday March 4 2014 at 20:21
Poor kitty :-( Glad he is ok. Our cat was shot in the eye with an air rifle in October. Luckily he survived after major surgery. There are some low lives about.

Reply Posted by lauren on Wednesday March 5 2014 at 13:56
Love how people think to solve problems with violence and blaming the parents has any one thought that children make their own decisions not the parents

Reply Posted by Miss.N on Wednesday March 5 2014 at 20:18
Lauren, I'm sorry but bugger off. I tend to hold my tongue to you but your softly softly attitude to these absolute scum bags annoys me.

They deserve to be boiled alive in my opinion. Hope the kitty pulls through.

Reply Posted by Ryry on Wednesday March 5 2014 at 20:29
Well said miss.N.

Reply Posted by lauren on Thursday March 6 2014 at 22:58
So violence solves everything does it? I think not I am not soft I have been their done that wore the t-shirt and learnt my lesson from n trust me when I say you get no satisfaction from revenge

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday March 7 2014 at 12:23
And your violent minded ideas to boil another human alive is sick, just like the person who shot the cat, too many sick twisted individuals live in Barnsley