Barnsley Firm Set To Create Jobs

Wednesday March 12 2014

A BOOMING Barnsley firm which has seen exports triple in three years has announced plans to train more young staff.

Cawthorne-based Naylor Industries - which sold £2.4 million worth of clay pipes to 35 countries across the globe last year - is expected to record a turnover of £42m this year.

Chief operating officer Bridie Warner-Adsetts said: "Our aim now is to bring in more young people to learn production techniques and create two new management trainee opportunities for science and engineering under-graduates."

Reply Posted by Jamie Richardson on Wednesday March 12 2014 at 15:20
Could you please find out how we would apply for the job roles am willing to learn all most anything

Reply Posted by me on Wednesday March 12 2014 at 15:21
any chance of them training any of us over 50s up. that's been left on the scrap heap.

Reply Posted by mb on Wednesday March 12 2014 at 15:38
Glad to see the firm doing well. Its about time somthing good worked from barnsley. But its not just barnsley that do it the whole nation does thay only think about young people. What about the over 25's over 30's over 40's n 50's the country needs us too everything is about the young

Reply Posted by Martin on Wednesday March 12 2014 at 15:40
I'd never work there again you get taken on for summer then laid off after it happens every year there ..

Reply Posted by Tom on Wednesday March 12 2014 at 16:12
They only employ people who drive too. Equal opportunities?? Pffft yeah right. Maybe switching start times from 6 to 7 would make it easier to actually get there as 6am starts has no public transport therefore limiting jobs for those who want to work. Need a car to work but need to work for a car. Catch 22 or what

Reply Posted by .... on Thursday March 13 2014 at 16:39
They only employ drivers due to the location of the plant, there is very little public transport there.

You may be taken on over the summer for seasonal work due to increase in production, most manufacturers do this. This is why its classed as a temporary contract.

They do take young people on apprenticeships that's what they are for. For the over 30's if you have the right skill set that Naylors are requiring then they will see you. They aren't ageist in the slightest and do take on a lot of people 50 + its all about the skills and personalities.

Great firm for Barnsley. I'm glad they stuck around.

Reply Posted by martin on Saturday March 15 2014 at 16:31
Worked for them in the seventy's as a sub contractor, fantastic job .working in the quarry's . A great wage and lots of fun and the best job i ever had and they treated you well

Reply Posted by Kfc on Saturday March 15 2014 at 18:14
Jesus Christ this company has traded in Barnsley years through good times and tough times.

It's great to see a local company offering jobs. My friends just 50 and starts there next week. He's been working at the Company shop however because next week would be week. The company shop would have had to offer him a contract of employment.

So they have laid him off and told him he can apply again in 6 weeks no problem.

Sounds like another big employer in Barnsley !!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to bullshit Britain and well done Naylors.

Barnsley people need genuine jobs for the young and a little older employes.

Reply Posted by STEVEO on Sunday March 16 2014 at 15:11
Good on Naylors for letting the "young uns" get a chance to get on the jobs ladder in our town.

I truly despair about the world of work in Barnsley, at one time of the day you could walk out of one job straight into another.
I'm not talking about 50 years ago either, I'm talking in my lifetime and I'm only in my mid forties!

Those days are long gone and now we have "hire and fire" agencies that couldn't give a monkeys about the people that they "employ".

Everyone who "works" for one of these agencies is just a phone call away from being laid off or told there is no more work for them.

Our place isn't too bad, there are a lot of agency workers but eventually they do get full time contracts with the company, problem is some of them have been there 2 years or more and as far as I am concerned if the work is there then they should get full time contracts after 6 months.

Mustn't mention Asos, Mustn't mention Asos.....

Ok then I will mention Asos, yes we are desperately in need of good jobs in Barnsley but from likes of Asos or the agencies that supply labour to Asos.

10,000, 10,000 people have been through the doors at Asos, surely this has to be one of, if not the highest staff turnover in the history of our town if not the UK, if not Europe?

I tried getting in touch with "DUGGY" Dugher about exactly what was going on at Asos but as I don't live in his constituency he couldn't give a monkeys, I told him I worked in his constituency but he still couldn't give a toss.

Just remember that the people of Grimethorpe and the surrounding areas next time "Duggy" Dugher wants your vote.