Police Dog Sniffs Out Drugs In Town Centre Pubs

Thursday January 2 2014

A POLICE dog sniffed out drugs in six out of nine town centre pubs searched on a Saturday night raid.

Four men and a woman were cautioned for possession of drugs including cocaine and cannabis following the operation on December 14.

One man was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply.

During the searches the police dog, named Duke, also led officers to a bag of cannabis behind a radiator, a bag of cocaine on the floor of a toilet, ecstasy tablets behind an air conditioning unit and two bags of cocaine near a DJ booth.

The owners and managers of the premises searched were also spoken to and given advice on how to prevent the use of drugs in their venues.

PC Paul Davies, who led the investigation, said: "South Yorkshire Police, and partners, are committed to tackling drug possession and dealing.

"This was a successful operation and should send out a clear message that the force will take robust and proactive action to tackle crimes of this nature."

Reply Posted by barryfatknacker on Thursday January 2 2014 at 13:41
only 6 chuff me 9 out of 9 more like ......

Reply Posted by ron jeremy on Sunday January 5 2014 at 15:42
whatever happened to doing whatever u want,so long as your not hurting anybody else.what the hells it got to do with u.y dont our public servants go and raid the city of london wanker bankers .hey call in at westminster too.the fish rots from the head down

Reply Posted by Donna on Thursday January 2 2014 at 13:47
They need to raid more often. Then it would be more of a deterrent.

Reply Posted by Alison on Friday January 3 2014 at 11:39
Too right Donna

Reply Posted by Dave on Thursday January 2 2014 at 14:36
I think you would probably find the kids on drugs are less harmful than the idiots pissed out of their heads wanting to fight all the time...

Reply Posted by Garry on Thursday January 2 2014 at 14:42
Gotta agree with dave

Reply Posted by Dave on Thursday January 2 2014 at 14:42
Thanks Garry

Reply Posted by lauren on Thursday January 2 2014 at 14:58
Exactly but it's illegal n dangerous n some kids cause more harm to themself by them been on drugs than avin a pint. Drink n drug awareness needs to be promoted a lot more so kids learn how to be responsible

Reply Posted by Old Dirty Kipper on Thursday January 2 2014 at 17:58
Ahh Lauren! Such is the opinion of the short sighted - much of the "illegal n dangerous" drugs are actually a lot safer than alcohol, many of the deaths and problems associated with illegal drug use (lets look past addiction to the likes of heroin here, thats a different discussion) is quality control - the government thing banning drugs has made a difference? I can go and get whatever I want in town in an hour, maximum. They've certainly not reduced supply, but the quality of drugs on the other hand is abysmal, the only people benefiting from the prohibition of drugs are police officers making up arrest/possession numbers, the alcohol/tobacco/pharmaceutical companies and the drug dealers.

When will people see past their own nose and see what a massive cock up prohibition is, and always will be (Al Capone, anyone?)

Reply Posted by Tom on Saturday January 4 2014 at 04:26
All drugs are safe and all drugs are dangerous. It is the dose that makes the poison.

As you say, most of the problems relating to drugs today are a direct consequence of prohibition.

Reply Posted by FAWKES on Thursday January 2 2014 at 16:13
dirty druggies. The towns full of the filth!

Reply Posted by Barnsley lass on Thursday January 2 2014 at 17:54
Yes I agree need more raids in all pubs/clubs too many taking Mkat, ketamine cocaine & heroin to name a few it's because they think it's acceptable & cheaper at getting you high quicker than a pint! It's frightening as they also don't understand the implications on their bodies vital organs shutting down ie colostomy bags at age 18 if there lucky to survive and it's not only the youngsters!

Reply Posted by lauren on Thursday January 2 2014 at 19:12
@old dirty kipper if u read my comment again I stated that the kids cause more harm to themselves by the lack ov knowledge they av bout drugs n drink if children were educated properly they would not be drinkin mouth wash n hand sanitizers to get pissed up now would they

Reply Posted by james on Thursday January 2 2014 at 19:48
They searched chennells and defo dint get owt so 8 out of 9

Reply Posted by dukie on Thursday January 2 2014 at 20:15
Dukie is well know for his prowes and was seen with dark glasses on, heading for his local boneshop after being interviewed about his adiction to bones he said I have cut down to 5 aday but its the marrow in them I find it really adictive much better than sniffing butts in the tarn pubs whoof

Reply Posted by Nick Carter on Friday January 3 2014 at 11:38
Totally agree with Dave

Reply Posted by sunshinegirl on Saturday January 4 2014 at 02:51
You are never going to stop drug use! What is needed is more effort to educate teens (and adults) on the short and long term effects of drugs and to show them that they often have no clue what they are actually taking like coke is often lots of harmful chemicals mixed with tiny amounts of the actual drug and pills could literally be anything! People need to be empowered to make good choices and not just follow what other people do and relise that stories on the news could be them next time!

Reply Posted by Sara on Saturday January 4 2014 at 12:07
Old dirty kipper...... that's the most sense anybody has made on here!

Reply Posted by Sam on Saturday January 4 2014 at 12:09
All of you saying that kids need to be taught more about drugs, take a minute to look at all the adults are doing the same? You see a vast number of them taking the exact same as what teens do so don't pin point the blame on young people when adults are just as bad!

Reply Posted by jd on Saturday January 4 2014 at 12:42
Old dirty kipper you are too right . If the government legalised drugs and took control of purity the world would be alot safer. Guys kids know the damage but don't care ! They smoke but obviously know the dangers ! Drink kills more people every year than all other narcotic deaths added together .

Reply Posted by sunshinegirl on Saturday January 4 2014 at 12:46
Sam- I am fully aware that alot of adults take drugs, my point is that if more education goes into educating teens they then don't go onto become adult drug users!!
Tom- the opinion that it is the dose taken thats the problem has an element of truth but the main issue is the drug contents if you are putting bleach products or unknown powders into your body that can never be a good thing?
I agree that prohibition is ridiculous, the government/police are fighting a losing battle.

Reply Posted by anon on Saturday January 4 2014 at 12:47
ZERO TOLERANCE. WHY PUT IN CRAP INTO YOUR BEAUTIFULL INGENIOUS PURE BODY???? IDIOTIC AND READY FOR A FALL! LEAVE THE DIRTY CRAP ALONE, YOURE KILLING YOURSELVES. POOR SAD SOULS,JUST GET A LIFE.

Reply Posted by Paul on Saturday January 4 2014 at 21:59
If you never touch alcohol yourself, I accept your comment. Otherwise, given that many illegal drugs are proven to be less harmful than alcohol, it's hypocritical. I accept the point for cocaine and heroin and the like, which are much worse than alcohol, but for cannabis, the only difference is the legality, not it's harmfulness.
Oh, and also the familiarity the general public has with it. As virtually everyone has had alcohol, they are familiar so are OK with it, few have had cannabis, so fear the unknown.

Reply Posted by me on Saturday January 4 2014 at 16:18
dogs shunt av been allowed inside of the pubs anyway.

Reply Posted by crazy on Saturday January 4 2014 at 16:24
So if drugs r so dangerous y dish art needles for smackheads n to make sure they dig up safe so y not dish art tester kits for pills etc to make sure there safe for people who choose to take other substances it's ridiculous y not legalise it all n then if people wanna mess up there's lives jus leave um to it

Reply Posted by crazy on Saturday January 4 2014 at 16:26
Ha ha init only blind r allowed in wi dogs

Reply Posted by sunshinegirl on Saturday January 4 2014 at 20:17
Crazy- needles are given out to avoid the spread of diseases like HIV and hepatitis, dont think u can catch those from pills, Or mayb u can by becoming so incapacitated with the crap u take that you have sex with a scrubber or are raped!

Reply Posted by crazy on Saturday January 4 2014 at 20:52
Sunshinegirl I don't take any drugs never av n never would seen what it's done my people what use to be my friends n yeah they gi needles out to stop them gettin diseases but y not gi tester kits out so people can test what they are takin so they don't kill themselves that's my points it's like they are sayin here r needles go dig up but no one prevents kids dyin from takin pills mcat etc.....

Reply Posted by sunshinegirl on Saturday January 4 2014 at 22:01
Its not realistic to have tester kits avaliable to everyone, all that does is make it more acceptable to abuse your body because people would think the drugs are 'safe' so called pure drugs still cause health problems!
Solution-Don't take, smoke or inject things into your body when you have no clue what they really !

Reply Posted by anon on Saturday January 4 2014 at 22:10
You are right sunshinegirl. Standards are at an all time low because everyone is tolerating drugs, theft, language, all the things that bring the human race back to depravity. Respect for others and now self respect is slowly but surely being laughed at and then lost.

Reply Posted by crazy on Saturday January 4 2014 at 23:10
Well they provide needles to stop um from spreading disease so y don't they stop givin um out n let um kill themselves it's contradicting itself it's kind ov allowin them to do it simples.........

Reply Posted by sunshinegirl on Sunday January 5 2014 at 08:26
Thanks anon. Social standards are at an all time low, but without starting a whole new discussion subject alot of those issues start at home as a child!
Crazy- I totally see your point about the let them harm themselves its their choice but some drug users (the minority) are victims of abuse in some way and would just need help to turn their lives around and make better choices.

Reply Posted by crazy on Sunday January 5 2014 at 14:07
I was a victim ov abuse my dad beat the Shite out ov me because my mam died when a wa a baby but instead ov takin drugs n drinkin a let him carry on til I could leave home n now I work wi sky can't always blame people past for the way they r it's the choices they make not abuse I could av done plenty ov bad thing but I choose not to

Reply Posted by sid on Sunday January 5 2014 at 14:47
Hats off to you @crazy. After a bad start with the one that should have loved you the most, I take my hat off to you!
Drug taking off course would have made your life even worse. You sound strong and solid...be proud!

Reply Posted by ron jeremy on Sunday January 5 2014 at 16:29
who r u the judge,u work 4 sky what a disgusting nazi propaganda corporation, u cant call anybody

Reply Posted by sunshinegirl on Sunday January 5 2014 at 15:19
Believe me crazy I totally agree with what you say about it being a choice and im not making excuses at all for peoples silly choices. My only point is that if people ave suffered abuse, and are easily led then someone says 'here try this it will take it all away' some people could b tempted! Those are the people that deserve guidance not idiots that take ANYTHING at the weekend.

Reply Posted by crazy on Sunday January 5 2014 at 15:38
Yes they do deserve guidance but not everyone who as a bad start in life take drugs n I was easily led but I av a strong head n said no n kept sayin no n eventually they dint bother admin any more n I became a better person so I would never ever be like my dad so when I look in the mirror I am proud to be wear I am today av not got the best job in world but I provide for my family n treat my kids with the love n respect that they deserve n never treat them the way I was but those who take drugs for fun also need guidance as they are too boring that they can't av a good time avin a pint or two n a quick boogey on dancefloor

Reply Posted by sunshinegirl on Sunday January 5 2014 at 16:24
Crazy u truly are an inspiration to to all those that didnt have a good start in life u should b proud but not everyone has your strength or sense!
I hate dirty thieving smackheads cokeheads etc but not all situations are clear until u are told the full story.

Reply Posted by crazy on Sunday January 5 2014 at 16:39
Hang on a min m8 y start on me who av I judged no one m8 simply sayin not everyone can blame avin a shitty past made um take drugs n yeah a might work for sky not goin to stay there all my life am young got better n bigger plans in life n al tell u another thing at least av got a job n not scrounging off benefits n least am contributing unlike some useless idiots in Barnsley so take a look in mirror n see if u come out on otherside shinnin when uve been thro what I av at least I can be proud ov myself n at least ano mi man will be proud ov me for doin what av done

Reply Posted by crazy on Sunday January 5 2014 at 16:46
Mam not man

Reply Posted by steve on Monday January 6 2014 at 09:41
If you want to go on about harmful chemicals why not just ban alcohol and shut the pubs stops tax payers paying for medical attention the police to stand out In the town center all night stop criminal damage when peoole are pissed up I do not go in to the town centre at all due to arrogant piss heads andall the attitude and fighting.... guess where I do go on a night out? U go raving I am not a drug user but I tell you something no attitude no fighting happy atmosphere the fact secrurity prefer to do dance events than an ordinary saturday night does that not prove a valid point then police target these drug users to make up numbers so they look like there doing sonething how about lock up the smack and crack dealers all the piss heads that start the fighting in town then leave people to enjoy there lives alcohol carries just as much risk to health as drugs these days how many alcohol related deaths were in barnsley last year im sure if you pulled the numbers up it would definatly be less that cocaine and extacy takers in our area.

Reply Posted by ron on Monday January 6 2014 at 10:19
Lets just face it we all love bezzle

Reply Posted by lauren on Monday January 6 2014 at 14:04
My hubby to be is the same he rather go to raves than go in to town n cos he's biggish wi muscles str8 away piss head wanna fight him n it's me 4ft odd avin to stop um from knockin teeth out ov each other at least when he goes to rave no one starts all loved up n shakin hands bump into some one they av a laugh spill a drink buy um another one n sorted towns full ov idiots n pikeys that many pikeys out on new years eve went in a club in a few mins a pikey got kicked out for fightin fowk jus need to learn to av fun n chill art life too short for fightin drinkin n drugs let's all jus get on n be happy