Goughie Ready For New TV Show

Friday January 3 2014

Darren Gough Darren Gough

FORMER England cricketer Darren Gough is limbering up for a series of winter sports as part of a new television show.

Goughie, 43, is one of 12 celebrities who will compete against each other in challenges such as speed skating, skeleton, bobsleigh, skier cross and slalom in Channel 4's 'The Jump'.

He flew to Austria alongside the likes of Olympic hero Sir Steve Redgrave, hairdresser Nicky Clarke and The Only Way Is Essex's Amy Childs.

But after skiing for two years, Darren is feeling 'reasonably prepared'.

He said: "It's not just skiing, it's speed skating, bobsleigh and all kinds of things and it'll be great to see what other sportsmen and women do and how they prepare.

"I’ve never been on ice skates in my life so that'll be interesting."

The Jump will air in early 2014 and will be presented by Davina McCall and Alex Brooker.

Reply Posted by LOL on Friday January 3 2014 at 15:13
Mortgage must be overdue.

Reply Posted by LOL on Saturday January 4 2014 at 09:14
Milton Keynes its the best place for him,he snubs and looks down on Barnsley same as Parkinson.Good ridance to him.

Reply Posted by LOL on Sunday January 5 2014 at 15:48
Brian Glover is the best man to come art a Barnsley.

Reply Posted by carmine on Friday January 3 2014 at 15:59
celebrity?

hahahahahahah

Reply Posted by Fred on Friday January 3 2014 at 17:00
Carmine

Goughie is probably the biggest celebrity to come out of Barnsley,

If was once told 'if tha's nowt nice to sey, keep thi gob shut'

Reply Posted by sid on Friday January 3 2014 at 18:11
True Fred. Jealousy is a nasty thing eh.

Reply Posted by Carmine on Sunday January 5 2014 at 14:24
Fred man, I have known him since he was a kid he was a knob then and always will be.

Reply Posted by Paul on Friday January 3 2014 at 17:25
Biggest nob to come out of barnsley

Reply Posted by me on Friday January 3 2014 at 23:15
Chrs fred, theres sum nasty jellous twats abart. Jst cos hes a honest workin man.. Bart time sum of u got of yr bk sides n got a job

Reply Posted by Collet on Saturday January 4 2014 at 00:36
Thers been enough shite on TV lately,why keep putting old has bins on, am sure there are enough young talent in Yorkshire to give all you TV viewers a welcome change.Try going to your local theaters,makes them TV regulars look so so so over paid Garbage !!!!

Reply Posted by JaneEyre on Saturday January 4 2014 at 22:15
Snubs Barnsley? Barnsley is the best place in the world.

Reply Posted by NW on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 19:06
Lmaoooooooooooooooooo. Barnsley is stuck in the 70's along with the majority of Barnsley folk. All flat caps and whippets, and stll harping on about the miners strike. I suppose you worshiped scargill aswell.

Live in the real world Jayne, Barnsley is a laughing stock!

Reply Posted by observer on Sunday January 5 2014 at 15:13
yes he does along with parky. hes also toying with the idea of becoming a conservative mp. and for me thats enough to class him as a scumbag, who doesnt really care about his roots. i wont be watching it.

Reply Posted by Fred on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 19:23
It's better than becoming a Labour mp. First it was Dickie Bird, now it's Goughie turn for some stick. Lots of bitter and nasty people in Barnsley.

Reply Posted by licl meeeeeeee on Sunday January 5 2014 at 16:33
I need to read before hittin post might get into trouble for not spell checkin hahaha

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Sunday January 5 2014 at 20:24
hitting
checking

Reply Posted by licl meeeeeeee on Sunday January 5 2014 at 21:00
Boring

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Monday January 6 2014 at 09:18
I am surprised they don't live in Barnsley anymore. Why would they leave such a wonderful place? (sniggers)

Reply Posted by John on Monday January 6 2014 at 12:30
It seems that some who leave are very bitter and suffer delusions of grandeur.

Reply Posted by lauren on Monday January 6 2014 at 13:50
For some one who lives the high life in London on 3200 a month wage. U don't half spend a lot ov time on this site slatin us Barnsley life so can't be that much better in London

Reply Posted by Liz bates on Monday January 6 2014 at 17:10
Wow that's wonderful hope you do well Dazzler, make us proud again.......

Reply Posted by Jimbo on Monday January 6 2014 at 17:15
Another load off Z LISTERS about to get an easy few bob! Darren don't pillock yourself about being a celeb pal if they get Paul McCartney on I might just watch it now he's an A lister

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Tuesday January 7 2014 at 23:14
@lauren - you sound a bit jealous darling. 99% you see on here are not from me. I have at least two imposters. How could I earn a salary like that and be on here all day. Now I could if I was a single mum.......

Reply Posted by lauren on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 00:06
Y a single mum? do single mum not work like?Jealous Nahh m8 jus thought seen as life is sooooo fabulous in London instead ov slatin Barnsley fowk ad be shoppin after workin ov course n defo not jealous av come from shit to were I am now all most a full qualified teachin assistant plannin my weddin when av found the perfect place abroad for it got two beautiful kids want more do I want in life.....nowt am happy...... Yeah yeah before u go on bout my spellin can't be arsed but nighty night off to sleep now

Reply Posted by John on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 20:11
@NW and where are you from? Let me guess, that wonderful city down the road?

Reply Posted by NW on Thursday January 9 2014 at 07:23
Im from Barnsley John, why would you think im from Sheffield? I take it you mean that City?

I haven't said anything that isn't true.

Barnsley Town centre is stuck in the 70's thanks to Labour BMBC - Yes.

Flat cap and whippets (Take a look around Cudworth and Grimethorpe for starters) - Yes

Barnsley folk still harp on about the miners strike 30 years on - Yes.

And finally, Barnsley is a laughing stock sadly. Mention the town Barnsley to anyone and you will see what I mean.

Sometimes you just have to admit it John. It might sound like im slagging the town off, im not it's fact.

Reply Posted by lauren on Thursday January 9 2014 at 07:41
You say your not slagging off Barnsley but thats exactly what your doing Barnsley is not that bad compared to other places no matter were you live there's alway shitty parts to a town and to be honest it's the people who live in these areas that give it a bad name by not looking after there area I live by a college I regularly go out with my 2 kids and pick up all the litter that college kids have chucked on the floor I do my part to try to keep things clean instead of slatin the place get involved in trying to make it better place to live in for our children so they have a nicer environment to live in when they are older

Reply Posted by John on Thursday January 9 2014 at 10:13
It's not "fact" at all, it might be your opinion but it's certainly not fact.

Reply Posted by sid on Saturday February 1 2014 at 16:01
The chron,s headline about Darren this week gave me a titter! Its brilliant. Well done to whoever put that. Tickled my funny bone.

ipso Regulated