Mellis Admits Players Let Flicker Down

Tuesday December 10 2013

JACOB Mellis has admitted Barnsley's players let David Flitcroft down and has backed Micky Mellon to replace him.

Mellis, 22, scored his first goal of the season with a tremendous strike in last week's 2-1 win at Brighton.

He said: "We take responsibility for what happened to the manager. We're the ones who are playing on the pitch.

"The gaffer put everything into the job and we were down and sad that he left. We've been unlucky at times this season but we definitely let him down with our performances."

Asked if he wanted Mellon to get the job, Mellis added: "It's not down to me but I would like Micky to be the manager. If we keep performing like we did against Brighton he's got a great chance.

"He knows us and he knows out strengths and weaknesses. We know we're in a tough position but we're good enough to do something about it."

The ex-Chelsea man's Brighton goal was a tremendous individual effort which was similar to Paddy McCourt's magnificent opener as they both featured fine individual runs and exchanges of passes with Marcus Tudgay.

Mellis, who played in his preferred position behind the strikers instead of on the left wing, said: "Paddy's inspiring me. When I see him do crazy stuff like that it's breathtaking. I tried to copy him.

"Hopefully that's the first of many because I have missed a few chances recently. Micky came to me before the match and told me to play with confidence and get on the ball."

Reply Posted by Wedge on Tuesday December 10 2013 at 18:56
Up the owls

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 01:34
Someone thinks AlanB is a tad upset his team is bottom of the league n will soon be playing in a pub Carpark! Lmfao

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 09:25
Oh hello Richard. Has the penny dropped yet? About 90 per cent of posts on here that have my name above them aren't made by me. Its like yourself, most of the drivel I see posted in your name cannot have possibly come from you, or could it?

The imbecile that posts in my name, never hits the space bar at the end of a sentence..................

Reply Posted by observer on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 12:33
i think there were more than mellis not playing for flicker. simply because there was a rift in the dressing room. flicker played his favourite when he knew full well this is not good for any !!!! team.

Reply Posted by Ali on Friday December 13 2013 at 22:10
Simon says "put your hands on your head"... "Brilliant, well done" by the way the new club badge has changed and Mellon is the new manager. Super, we all agreed, nice, lovely...

Reply Posted by sid on Friday December 13 2013 at 22:42
@Ali, which badge is it do you know?

Reply Posted by Ali on Friday December 13 2013 at 22:50
Sid@ got the badge which reads we are going down!

Reply Posted by sid on Friday December 13 2013 at 22:53
@Ali ...tut! Thought you knew then! Lol!

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Friday December 13 2013 at 22:58
Come on Sid.@ Would be better if it was knocked down and built homes on!!

Reply Posted by sid on Friday December 13 2013 at 23:05
No Kilkenny,not that! Think of the good times! Its all in the game. We ought to be getting behind them really. Hope it turns around, think of the glory days.

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Friday December 13 2013 at 23:10
Sid@ Bulldozer would be better..I will stick to the London Clubs!!

Reply Posted by sid on Friday December 13 2013 at 23:14
OK Kilkenny. You do that. Hope we win tomorrow though.

Reply Posted by BennyKulka27 on Saturday December 28 2013 at 19:47
I noticed that it's hard to find your website in google, i found it on 25th spot, you should build some quality backlinks to rank it in google and increase traffic. I had the same problem with my blog, your should search in google for - k2 seo services - it helped me a lot