Handbag Designer Names Creation After Town

Wednesday December 4 2013

Radley Barnsley Radley Barnsley

HANDBAG designer Radley has named one its new bags Barnsley after visiting the town.

The firm said its design team embarked on a series of trips to different parts of the UK in search of inspiration each season.

A spokesman said the Barnsley collection was originally conceived after thought was given to the north of England's heritage of craftsmanship and textiles production.

He said: "We’re proud to be inspired by Britain’s heritage of craftsmanship and design. The town of Barnsley has a rich history in manufacturing from textiles to glassware and this informed the original design."

The Barnsley bag comes in three different styles and two sizes and a variety of colours, ranging in price from £169 to £249.

Reply Posted by posh on Wednesday December 4 2013 at 20:24
And it needs a design team to come up with that boring bag? Tut tut.

Reply Posted by posh on Thursday December 5 2013 at 09:29
LOL! don't you start,we have enough with Kilkenny pulling Barnsley to shreds.

Reply Posted by LOL on Thursday December 5 2013 at 11:41
SORRY BECKS.

Reply Posted by lauren on Wednesday December 4 2013 at 21:38
Init jus who wants a bag that's as owt to do wi Barnsley on much rather av a proper Bradley bag or Vivienne Westwood

Reply Posted by lauren on Wednesday December 4 2013 at 21:38
Radley bag a ment

Reply Posted by lauren on Wednesday December 4 2013 at 21:52
If u see the comment below that I said I ment Radley bag

Reply Posted by wotsminayme on Thursday December 5 2013 at 09:24
Please take a second to check the spelling of your post before hitting 'post'. It hurts my head trying to read your mess.

Reply Posted by TheGuardian on Wednesday December 4 2013 at 23:33
Is it a Netto carrier bag? A dog-shit bag? Or a tenner-bag of Smack?

Reply Posted by posh on Wednesday December 4 2013 at 23:36
Can you not see the photo @guardian? Its none of those,so you,all have to use your old ones.

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Thursday December 5 2013 at 00:50
Has it got a pocket for the dole book and an attachment for prison tags?

Reply Posted by posh on Thursday December 5 2013 at 09:27
No Kilkenny it hasn't,so you can cross it off you're Santa list,you won't get the use out of it luv!

Reply Posted by SteveThickett on Thursday December 5 2013 at 09:07
Nice one Radley, honouring our fine town, the town of my birth, the town of my team.
That's how you say thank you, without all the piss and moaning, bloody hell just be happy, we're getting a positive not a negative for a change.

Reply Posted by lauren on Thursday December 5 2013 at 12:33
Barnsley is a shit hole lived here all mi life n it's never got any better not never will that my opinion any ways

Reply Posted by AlanB on Sunday December 8 2013 at 22:45
Yes and it always will be while people like you have that shocking attitude. Do all decent Barnsley people a favour and move elsewhere.

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Friday December 6 2013 at 00:34
@posh - Now dear. My house in Maida Vale is worth £450,000.

Reply Posted by posh on Saturday December 7 2013 at 21:53
Well Kilkenny,there's only you enquired about its pockets,so you must be tempted!

Reply Posted by AlanB on Sunday December 8 2013 at 22:47
Where do you really live, is it Kendray?

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Friday December 6 2013 at 08:29
I now present the Radley Backward Bag, oh sorry I meant the Radley Barnsley Bag!

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Friday December 6 2013 at 08:50
@lauren - I know it is LOL posting in your name. LOL - I live in a cardboard box? Yeah. Now go back to your Grimethorpe council house.

Reply Posted by june on Friday December 6 2013 at 09:12
You really have a strong kind of abusive words from a STRONG WOMEN.dosen;t look like that to me,a women living a very sad and deeply regretful life..

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Friday December 6 2013 at 11:18
My only regret is not leaving Barnsley sooner.

Reply Posted by AlanB on Sunday December 8 2013 at 22:48
Yes, it's a great pity that you did not move earlier.

Reply Posted by TJ on Friday December 6 2013 at 11:46
And you are sorely missed. Lots of people leave the town and move to London and other places. They don't feel the need to come on here having a go, why the bitterness?

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Friday December 6 2013 at 12:13
TJ - I am not bitter. Idiots on here post in my name. You can easily see their posts though. The level of literacy is shocking.

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday December 6 2013 at 14:21
Am not from grimethorpe u mongrel n a did post that comment Barnsley is wank n full ov wankers n ex Barnsley wankers like urself we all can say we live in an expensive house n really live in a bin bag ur seriously a nasty person

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Saturday December 7 2013 at 00:33
Hello Lauren - Somebody is posting in your name again dear.

Fancy not being able to spell the word 'of'

Shameful

Reply Posted by lauren on Saturday December 7 2013 at 03:49
No wonder tha moved to London tha far too thick Barnsley n that's sayin sumat

Reply Posted by MBC on Saturday December 7 2013 at 16:24
Thank you Radley for finding inspiration to name a bag after our wonderful town. I will probably buy one when I am ready for a new bag.
To the Barnsley haters it's simple... Just move out and help make the town a better place x

Reply Posted by neil on Saturday December 7 2013 at 16:30
kenny the keyboard warrior hide behind your screen and slag barnsley off you say you dont care for the place but your name and you bragging about what you say you have keep popping up on here you probs a smackrat who lives on the jam roll and has to comment on here because nobody gives a toss what you say in the real world get a grip you fraggle

Reply Posted by bagoff on Saturday December 7 2013 at 16:31
Who the heck can afford a bag made by RADLEY,better bags in primani

Reply Posted by Toby Spike on Saturday December 7 2013 at 16:34
For all you people who live and Barnsley and class it as a shithole well I could take you to parts of Sheffield and Leeds which make it look like Monaco. The grass is not always greener. I've live here all my life and am proud to say I can walk anywhere without fear of been stabbed or shot. Last time I went to London I would have been physically scared to walk through the place I drove through. When a top designer brings good PR and a positive spin on Barnsley get behind it as we don't get it very often. If your not happy living in Barnsley no one makes you stay.

Reply Posted by LOL on Saturday December 7 2013 at 16:41
GET BEHIND IT.ITS A BLOODY BAG WHICH IS WORTH ABOUT £20 BUT SELLING FOR £170 PLUS.COULD HAVE PUT MONEY INTO BARNSLEY WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER.WERE IN A RECESSION SO NO TO THE BAG

Reply Posted by MBC on Saturday December 7 2013 at 16:42
Well said Toby.

Reply Posted by Toby Spike on Saturday December 7 2013 at 17:08
Have you ever heard the term "any publicity is good publicity"? Regardless if you buy the bag or not Radley is a big name nationally with clout. Publicity like this sticks in the back of the mind of other investors or companies who may be looking where to come start up a business or expand. If you can build up a positive spin and get more companies like this to see beyond Barnsley's typical stereotype you are on a winner. Someone has to design the bag and manufacture it and sell it, someone has to build and fit out the units and shops which all = jobs

Reply Posted by No way spike^^^^^ on Saturday December 7 2013 at 17:25
dream on.barnsley a shithole..only bags there sell is black bags for all the rubbish the druggies/alcos/homeless leave behind.wake up and smell the coffee

Reply Posted by Jen on Saturday December 7 2013 at 17:30
Why can't any of you spell or have any working use of grammer? Didn't you go to school or were you too busy skiving off? Maybe try adult learning courses so you can get jobs that pay well enough to buy a Radley bag. Youre just so eaten up with bitterness, resentment and jealousy I'm surprised you bother getting up in the morning. Its no wonder the soft southern shites have a low opinion of 'the North' ! And yes, I come from Barnsley and am happy to tell anyone.

Reply Posted by TO JEN ABOVE,, on Saturday December 7 2013 at 17:34
Jen @ What a "FOOL" you have made of yourself. GRAMMAR not GRAMMER.. go put your red face in the freezer has your face is burning with shame..what a loser preaching and can't even spell yourself.best laugh on WAB..

Reply Posted by Ken on Saturday December 7 2013 at 17:37
Jen @ Here here,what a stupid comment about grammar..i nearly wet my pants,,so funny.

Reply Posted by Paul on Saturday December 7 2013 at 17:39
Jen-Did you go to School or was you skiving off? adult classes for you..Beetroot face..hahhahhahhahahahahaah

Reply Posted by Jamie on Saturday December 7 2013 at 17:42
New WAB NERD OF THE WEEK;goes to Jen,please read her post above pulling people down about there grammar..it will tickle you..spread the word..

Reply Posted by Pauline Firth on Saturday December 7 2013 at 17:48
I have been told to read this post what Jen as wrote above.this is all over f/b.Jen is slating people and been clever trying to belittle us Barnsley Folk about our spelling and grammar..proble is Jen has made spelling mistakes which of course makes her look pretty stupid...

Reply Posted by Pauline Firth on Saturday December 7 2013 at 17:51
sorry sould read problem

Reply Posted by liz on Saturday December 7 2013 at 18:16
Top post Jen.Bet you feel a bit of a numpty now..

Reply Posted by Mary Tennant on Saturday December 7 2013 at 18:20
Jen,Do you feel like hiding your head in the bag?Great read tough.

Reply Posted by choco log on Saturday December 7 2013 at 18:46
Jen go and bury your head in the sand.Pulling our spelling down..wow what a loser..

Reply Posted by wow on Saturday December 7 2013 at 22:08
Jen. what a show up.all pissing ourselves in Pub.Tried to insult people and the shit backfired in your face.night classes available JEN,all read Jens post above!

Reply Posted by TheGuardian on Sunday December 8 2013 at 22:09
Laughing my knackers off at this comment!

Reply Posted by fell of my chair reading Jens post on Sunday December 8 2013 at 22:13
Best laugh for ages,fell of my chair with fits of laughter...

Reply Posted by Ged hutchinson on Sunday December 8 2013 at 22:33
Not often I come on WAB. but this is a great read.love Jen;s post above..what a good girl you are!

Reply Posted by Me on Saturday December 7 2013 at 18:04
Dear "to jen above" I presume you meant to use the word "as" and not "has" when you said "has your face is burning..."

Nugget.

Reply Posted by glad it not me on Saturday December 7 2013 at 18:06
me,go piss off your troll

Reply Posted by Me on Saturday December 7 2013 at 18:10
Do you mean "you troll" or "you're a troll"??!

Reply Posted by to jen above on Saturday December 7 2013 at 18:23
Me@ read my post correctly.i wasn;t on about my grammar and I didn.t state other peoples spelling was wrong,Jen made a statement pulling people grammar down,so keep your nose out you fool.

Reply Posted by Me on Saturday December 7 2013 at 18:30
Dear "To Jen Above", you were slating Jen for making a spelling mistake. She did not make a grammatical error. You then made a howler of an error whilst taking the piss out of her. Now, get yourself back to primary school to learn the difference between "as" and "has".

Reply Posted by me and jen on Saturday December 7 2013 at 18:41
I think Me and Jen are the same trolls.getting on at other peoples grammar.having made themselves look fools.

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Saturday December 7 2013 at 18:43
Are you lost for words? Me or is it Jen

Reply Posted by Mad, Bad & Dangerous to Know on Sunday December 8 2013 at 10:34
Why the "Barnsley" bag? Because it steals itself

Reply Posted by lauren on Sunday December 8 2013 at 12:16
N who r u like @star yet again another keyboard warrior who's got no ball to put ur real name u go get ur self f**ked off av not put owt that insultin to any one ya mongrel Nahh u can av a go at mi ya little mudskipper fowk like ur do head in cos u make no sense get mi sen f**ked off for what like?

Reply Posted by zoey boast on Sunday December 8 2013 at 20:24
I think its wonderfull i would buy one preferably in pink , ppl on hear obviously dont have an eye for design iam a barnsley lass thru and thru love my town and the shithole you all keep going on about is probably your own back yards because barnsley has some wonderfull parts and places and id never refure it as shithole,, LOVE THE BAG LOVE MY TOWN..

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 00:41
I see people have been posting in my name again. It is getting tiresome. It usually happens when I am on the track.

Where are your wives? Let me answer. They are sat on the sofa stuffing down Iceland chicken nuggets whilst juggling baby Jayden on their knee.

Reply Posted by sid on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 09:57
Kilkenny where the hell did you live in Barnsley? You have a very different view of our town than I have! I have never been in an Iceland....but so what?....I know not one person called jayden....but so what?...never eaten a chicken nugget...so what? You obviously came from a deprived part of our town,but from your other posts its apparent you have just moved to another but in London! You mention many things in your posts that I find abhorant regarding your area! I suggest you get back on your track (we have many of those! Oh! Yesssireebob we do) and jog on to Never never Land,where hopefully as its panto time,there will be a big fat crocodile waiting to eat you. You live in a land of make believe you silly old dame.

Reply Posted by sid on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 10:23
You idiot kilkenny! You have no idea where I live, and let me inform you,it is hard worked for and beautiful. What panto has 3000 pigs you fool? I'm so happy that you have gone to live in scruffy,stinky,violent London! Please stay there.8:))

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 10:50
Sid Sounds like to me.You are a very jealous individual.Scared of change and stuck in the 50;s.Move on mucka.Life is way to short.Always remember Sid light at the end of the tunnel.remember your batteries need recharging.

Reply Posted by sid on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 10:59
Haha! You are so wrong. Jog on!

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 11:07
Haha! Baahumbug..Move on!

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 09:34
@Lauren - now I get that you are a bit backward but calling somebody a 'mongrel' is this day and age is not acceptable.

Now go and watch Jeremy Kyle. You might recognise some family members.

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Thursday December 12 2013 at 08:47
Sid - that wasn't me posting above. Obviously LOL has been busy again. I wish he would get a job.