Road Rage Woman Escapes Jail After Brandishing Knife

Thursday November 14 2013

We Are Barnsley We Are Barnsley

A BARNSLEY woman who chased a man into a store while waving a knife in front of terrified children has escaped jail.

Anna Poyzer, 33, pulled a knife out of the boot of her car after an incident with another vehicle in Brampton.

A subsequent confrontation quickly escalated, with Poyzer and her passenger arguing with the other motorist.

Prosecutor Michael Tooley told Sheffield Crown Court the argument spilled into the Dil Brothers convenience store, where Poyzer brandished a knife.

One witness said she was ‘terrified’ that Poyzer was going to stab the other driver.

Poyzer, of Bellbrooke Avenue, Darfield, admitted possessing a bladed article and affray.

The mum-of-three was said to have ‘health problems’, leading Recorder Kate Tulk to impose a more lenient sentence.

Having been handed a 12-month supervised community order, Tulk said psychiatric reports had persuaded her against imposing a jail term.

She said Poyzer would normally have been jailed, but she had suffered ‘difficulties for several years’ and it would be better if she was given treatment.

Reply Posted by TOJO on Thursday November 14 2013 at 10:34
She should have served time in a mental health facility if she has psychiatric issues.

Reply Posted by opinioncounts. on Thursday November 14 2013 at 10:39
Fed up of reading articles like this. Why have a knife in the boot of your car anyway? Unless you're on the way back from purchasing them there really is no valid reason for it. And the fact that she has 'health problems' doesn't make a blind bit of difference. This story could have had a much worse ending - knife crimes should be taken more seriously.

Reply Posted by polly on Thursday November 14 2013 at 10:42
our justice system beggars belief. only when someone dies tragically do we try to apportion blame. its a sad state of affairs.

Reply Posted by sid on Thursday November 14 2013 at 10:51
Good god! That's really horrible. This woman is obviously a danger to the public. Let's hope for all of us that she is treated,but up till then she should not be mingling with the rest of us. She is capable and the intent is there if she has a knife, to kill someone,and obviously will if she is crossed.

Reply Posted by Say it as it is on Thursday November 14 2013 at 11:03
About right for the bellbrooke scum

Reply Posted by Mum of three on Thursday November 14 2013 at 11:45
Please tell me I have mis read this and she really has gone to jail!!!!!!

Reply Posted by christine kilkenny on Friday November 15 2013 at 08:40
For these reasons,That why I moved to the beautiful Capital city LONDON.

Reply Posted by Deb on Friday November 15 2013 at 18:50
Don't they have gun/knife crime in that there london?

Reply Posted by christine kilkenny on Friday November 15 2013 at 19:19
Not in LONDON.Full of people jogging and been friendly.KNOW TA NEIGHBOUR.

Reply Posted by s baldwin on Thursday November 14 2013 at 12:04
omg...hell yes she should of been jailed, ill health or no ...they have doctors in prisons now a days...british justice ...what a laugh

Reply Posted by me on Thursday November 14 2013 at 12:12
as i keep saying this country as gone stupid,the laws why is there any cause is it just me some people get sent to jail for less ,she carrying a knife with intend in my eyes.so she must be punished not let off ,one law for some ..and other laws for others by the looks of it ,,,,,,

Reply Posted by Anon on Thursday November 14 2013 at 12:18
I wud of knocked her teeth clean out of her mouth. Woman or not

Reply Posted by phil on Thursday November 14 2013 at 12:27
Road rage should carry a driving ban. Especially for a person with mental illness.

Reply Posted by Shocked on Thursday November 14 2013 at 14:42
I too am shocked at this - lets just hope a referral has been made to social services by the probation service. I know many people myself included that have suffered mental health issues but this is a case of a lady that has suffered for several years and I am presuming not medicated or receiving support for her to flip in this way. And the fact a knife was in the boot and her rage has caused her to do such actions I can not help but be concerned for the children!!

Reply Posted by What is this Town coming to on Thursday November 14 2013 at 15:04
What a joke this town is becoming.Brandising a KNIFE in public..in front of terrified children,and she walks away scott free.Sadly the wrong message has been sent out by the judge..you ones will think it is alright to have a knife in public as you don't get punished.I am shocked.i thought there was a law in place for anybody caught carrying a blade,custodial sentence must be given..

Reply Posted by Sharks on Thursday November 14 2013 at 15:24
This is an absolute joke! I got nailed to the cross for 'possessing 2 offensive weapons in a public place' which was for naively thinking I could bring a few knifes back from a holiday in Thailand. So this lunatic causing threatening behaviour with a knife gets 12 month supervision basically a little slap on the wrist and I get 300 hours community service. Might I add mine were wrapped and sheathed in the bottom of my luggage!!!

Reply Posted by bellbrooker on Thursday November 14 2013 at 15:41
another nutcase darn r street.

Reply Posted by Collet on Thursday November 14 2013 at 15:46
She should never be allowed to drive ever again,if ever she hurts anybody they should lock up the silly buggers that have let her off ?.

Reply Posted by lol on Thursday November 14 2013 at 16:04
about right for the shithole haha never gets good bellbrooke

Reply Posted by Shelley on Thursday November 14 2013 at 16:48
Oh to hell with putting her in the nik, they prefer to wait till she's actually knifed someone first!!!! Friggin justice system is out of control, But at least once she's stabbed the next person that Xisses her off they cant say, we can learn lessons from this, and we are going to spend a lot of tax payers money by doing an enquiry into why she wasn't jailed last time!!!!! Hell fire and she looks after children,,,, suppose they will get some abuse at home if they don't behave themselves.....

Reply Posted by Liam on Thursday November 14 2013 at 17:16
She should have been detained under Section 37 of the Mental Health Act.

Reply Posted by knife thrower....! on Thursday November 14 2013 at 19:25
bet she was due on.!!!

Reply Posted by anon on Thursday November 14 2013 at 20:57
I would have hit her hand holding the knife so hard she would have stabbed herself. silly biatch!!!!!!

Reply Posted by Jessica on Friday November 15 2013 at 08:31
knife thrower - do you know how misogynistic your remarks sound?

Reply Posted by knife thower on Friday November 15 2013 at 18:44
yes thanks..bet your due on aswell!! step away from the knife block.

Reply Posted by LOL on Friday November 15 2013 at 08:55
LISTEN UP FOLKS - WATCH THIS - I have found out where the caps lock is. I like the button that lights up when I switch it on. My neighbour told me how to turn it off. Ain't I clever.

Reply Posted by lol@lol on Friday November 15 2013 at 19:20
arnt you clever.....no wait a min,its your neighbour whose the clever one..sorry for being clever than you and pointing this out...I ALSO like the button that lights up when switched on. good here aint it.

Reply Posted by christine kilkenny on Friday November 15 2013 at 19:29
I heard you smashed the CAP LOCKS button,Has you didn't know how to turn it off!!

Reply Posted by donna on Friday November 15 2013 at 17:54
Disgusting tut tut tut as ppl have said why? Was she carryin a knife in the car ? Why? Did she pull it in first place ... ? An not everyone from there r scum !!!! My mother lives there an shes far from scum

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday November 15 2013 at 18:25
Well I have no idea why my comment as been removed cos I will post the same comment again people get locked up for a lot less people who carry knife get a jail sentence so why not her she was waving the knife infront of kids for god sake what type of an example is this showing them kids who saw her doin what she did them kids could end up doin the same thing cos why not she dint get punished so why should they not a good example at all