Serial Barnsley Burglar Handed Year-Long Sentence

Monday November 11 2013

Barnsley Magistrates' Court Barnsley Magistrates' Court

A BURGLAR who raided a newly-built house in Barnsley has been jailed for a year.

James Jones, 33, of Colley Crescent, Kendray, appeared at Barnsley Magistrates' Court on November 8 and admitted stealing kitchen doors, drawers and handles, worth £87, from the Worsbrough Common property last month.

Jones also asked for five other offences to be taken into consideration - the theft of valuables from two shops in Barnsley town centre, handling stolen property from a recent burglary at Worsbrough and theft of tools from building sites at Larch Place, Kendray and Bluebell Bank, Barnsley.

A South Yorkshire Police spokesperson said: "Much of the property has since been recovered by officers and returned to their rightful owners, who are extremely grateful."

Last month the force launched Operation Lockdown, an initiative to clamp down on house burglary and car crime.

Reply Posted by CHRIS on Monday November 11 2013 at 16:44
Excuse me Rich, BUT not everyone in Kendray is like that, There are a lot of law abiding citizens live there too, so don't make statements like that Thank you, There are loads of smack heads and so forth live in other places too you know!!!!

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Monday November 11 2013 at 16:48
Chris@ Well said I live in athersley and that the same some good and a lot bad..

Reply Posted by KID Kenny on Monday November 11 2013 at 17:02
Kilkenny@ you certainly move around a lot..

Reply Posted by Sal on Monday November 11 2013 at 17:25
HEY, rich we're you from????

There's NOWT wrong wi Kendray, it's a lot Quieter now than what it used to be.

Everybody knows one another and we all stick together.
We don't like such as yourself dissing it.

Why don't you have a pint in Central and say your comment in there!!!

Put it this way I will pay top dollar for a front row seat.

Reply Posted by Rich on Monday November 11 2013 at 17:31
Hey Sal I,m from Lundwood the posh part Harold Ave.You Buy me a pint I be there,Kendray slapper,,

Reply Posted by Sal on Monday November 11 2013 at 19:10
@rich.
Just go away. Crawl back under that stone you crawled out off.
Retard

Reply Posted by Sal on Monday November 11 2013 at 19:11
WAB PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE FREAKS OF NATURE.
REMOVE THE COMMENTS OF THIS SPECIES PLEASE!!!

Reply Posted by Jules on Monday November 11 2013 at 19:21
Talk about embarrassing!!!Wish WAB had the manpower to to edit this load of nonsense between these two foul mouthed idiots before it ruins this site.

Reply Posted by Sal on Monday November 11 2013 at 19:30
Sorry Jules he started it.
I only started coz he called me a slapper. I was sticking up for my home village and it's not fair some looney saying what he likes.
I'm not just going to sit and take it.
I really do apologise if my comment upsets anyone but I give as good as I get.

Reply Posted by LOL on Monday November 11 2013 at 19:33
Sal No need for apologies...still love you

Reply Posted by dale,,,er on Monday November 11 2013 at 19:30
proper charmers yor 2.al keep me eyes open for ya wedding pics in the chron..you make such a lovely couple.(rich-sal).

Reply Posted by Sal on Monday November 11 2013 at 19:31
Don't think so dale,,,er.

I'm a happily married woman

Reply Posted by dale,,,er on Monday November 11 2013 at 19:35
you are but is your bloke/woman

Reply Posted by sal on Monday November 11 2013 at 19:38
sorry everybody..lost my rag with rich,the truth hurt me!!!

Reply Posted by Rich on Monday November 11 2013 at 19:40
Sal@ no problems...at least you had the guts to admit it..i take my hat off to you girl!!!

Reply Posted by george on Monday November 11 2013 at 20:48
kendray common lundwood etc the all got a few wrong ens init but we are wot we are and should all stick together

Reply Posted by john on Monday November 11 2013 at 21:55
cawthorne got some wrong ones..those bloody geese always hanging about in gangs!

Reply Posted by Gob smacked on Tuesday November 12 2013 at 09:21
Bloody hell don't you lot have jobs to do rather than name call each other on bloody Facebook, get a grip, there is good and bad no matter where you live!!!

Reply Posted by KKK on Tuesday November 12 2013 at 09:24
This is not Facebook!

Reply Posted by Gobsmacked on Tuesday November 12 2013 at 09:32
Are you for real, I'm commenting on this because it came up on my news feed on FB, this is part of FB, I tell you, the lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves, a majority of you are supposed to be parents!! If this is your attitude is love to see the attitude of your offspring, absolute joke!! If you feel so passionate about your area then do something about it, turn it into something good, get the deadbeats out the area? .....just saying!!

Reply Posted by KKK on Tuesday November 12 2013 at 09:36
nowt up with my area.I NO PARENT,i work so pee off....just saying!!

Reply Posted by Gobsmacked on Tuesday November 12 2013 at 09:44
Well maybe that's a good thing you aren't a parent.......as for your vocabulary, well I expected nothing more!

Reply Posted by hunnybunny on Tuesday November 12 2013 at 17:56
Must admit I agree with you Gobsmacked, reading through the comments I thought it was a script from Jeremy Kyle!

Reply Posted by hunnybunny on Tuesday November 12 2013 at 17:58
Also just as a side liner I had to laugh as amongst the comments was an advert for an IQ test LOL

Reply Posted by Xcountry on Wednesday November 13 2013 at 09:36
Good God - is this thread still here? Somebody should copy and paste it and pop it in the mumsnet 'Am I being unreasonable' section.