Barnsley Man Has Sentence Reduced After Appeal

Monday November 11 2013

A BARNSLEY man who assaulted his wife has had his sentence reduced following an appeal at Sheffield Crown Court.

Kevin Clark, 51, managing director of Windsor Foods, had his sentence cut to four months in jail, suspended for two years, by Mr Recorder Hill-Baker.

Clark, of Redland Grove, Staincross, was originally jailed for 26 weeks at Barnsley Magistrates' Court after admitting attacking his wife Kimberley.

The attack, which the court heard lasted up to 15 minutes, happened after Clark, Mrs Clark and the man he suspected of having an affair with her had been on a night out at a pub in Hoyland.

After being originally sentenced at Barnsley Magistrates' Court, District Judge John Foster said: "I have recently not heard a worse domestic violence case. This was a shocking assault."

Reply Posted by What on Monday November 11 2013 at 10:51
What a disgrace...Says a lot for the poor women beaten up today,,he wont get punished for long..

Reply Posted by marie on Monday November 11 2013 at 13:24
Wat a disgrace,my ex beat me in front off my little boys he gave me fractures breaks n left me for dead i was unrecognizable by the time he had finished,he was given 5 year in prison nar and only served 18 months,now he's out enjoying life while im still tryin to get on track,the justice system is absolutey pathetic!

Reply Posted by AHR on Monday November 11 2013 at 15:04
Wonder if he would have had his sentence cut if he hadn't been a Managing Director ?

Reply Posted by sid on Tuesday November 19 2013 at 16:34
silly comment. he is no differant to the rest of us.

Reply Posted by TheWomble on Tuesday November 12 2013 at 08:04
The law is an ass...

Reply Posted by Dirk on Tuesday November 12 2013 at 08:23
My ex wife beat me whilst I was asleep and knocked me out then run off wi another fella whilst I was at work.... And left me with the kids....what did she get?? About £60k and a £10k car...and I didn't lay a finger on her throughout our relationship of 16years.. So I don't think some people don't know the meaning if justice.

Reply Posted by hunnybunny on Tuesday November 12 2013 at 18:28
Dirk that is a horrible thing for you to have gone through. Unfortunately the Law doesnt give men the equality that it does to women nor does it when it comes to Fathers.As to everyone else, The article doesnt give a detailed account to what happened or why the sentence was reduced. Who knows maybe she was found out to be lying or embellishing the event and then was backed up by the other guy, we dont know if the guy had his buttons repeatedly pushed. We all have a breaking point (not that I am saying violence is right) Unfortunately everyone is judging this guy based on a small piece of one sided, one persons view point. This is not a fair debate.

Reply Posted by Oh r on Tuesday November 12 2013 at 09:16
Prison means nothing apart from yet another expense to us hard working taxpayers. Just shoot the scum and have done. 3 meals cooked for you per day and an hour free gym a day courteous of us none lazy bastards who actually work for a living

Reply Posted by Oh r u on Tuesday November 12 2013 at 09:18
you must be a big earner,all your tax paying for people in prison..Rich man

Reply Posted by Layla on Friday November 15 2013 at 09:21
I hope his wife has gone for good. Cos he will beat her again and again and again. Scum like that never change. That is why we have Womens Aid and refuges.

Reply Posted by Sad on Tuesday November 19 2013 at 15:44
Shame they are not friendly or nice to long standing staff users

Reply Posted by Jan on Tuesday November 19 2013 at 16:14
All in it for themselves

Reply Posted by Joanne on Tuesday November 19 2013 at 16:23
Dosent matter if u work hard it's if your face fits or if u can creep

Reply Posted by Hell on Wednesday November 20 2013 at 09:08
Money power

Reply Posted by dave on Monday April 21 2014 at 09:32
I know this man very well and trust me he is a bully always was and always will be.
He is a nasty little man, you can ask any anybody who knows him.
truly horrible.

Reply Posted by John on Thursday May 29 2014 at 23:20
His wife did leave him she didn't deserve his nasty ways

Reply Posted by dave on Saturday June 14 2014 at 06:50
I'm pleased his wife left him, I'm surprised Peter Whitehead didn't sack him.
nobody respects him. Nobody likes bullies.

Reply Posted by John on Saturday June 28 2014 at 07:07
All staff support domestic violence

Reply Posted by Harry on Thursday July 17 2014 at 12:53
How do you know this John? is it because you are Kimberley?

Reply Posted by Gerry on Saturday July 19 2014 at 09:58
I can't believe some of the comments on here, you need to be a bit more understanding, poor woman, I thought hitting women was a crime?

Reply Posted by Fran on Thursday October 16 2014 at 06:01