Drunk Man Sentenced In Court

Friday November 1 2013

Barnsley Magistrates' Court Barnsley Magistrates' Court

A MAN'S attempts to pick fights with people ended in failure because he was so drunk - and ended up having six stitches after a fall.

Andrew Harrison, 20, could hardly stand as he made a nuisance of himself in Peel Square, said Jayne Ormrod, prosecuting, at Barnsley Magistrates' Court.

She said Harrison tried to evade police but was unsuccessful. He fell over and needed six stitches in his chin.

Mrs Ormrod added that officers were alerted by someone whom Harrison had tried to hit.

Harrison, of Stotfold Drive, Thurnscoe, admitted being drunk and disorderly and was not represented by a solicitor. He had nothing to say about his behaviour.

He was fined £110, ordered to pay £85 in costs and a £20 victim surcharge.

Reply Posted by Tak on Friday November 1 2013 at 14:01
What an idiot serves him right should have smashed all his face in

Reply Posted by Mum of Three on Saturday November 2 2013 at 14:11
Yep Tak.
I agree!!!
I am sick of having to pull my children in different directions to avoid all the loud mouthed drunken, drugged up idiots.
My 4 year old was crying last week whilst she was waiting to go on the inflatable slide near the Yorkshire bank because a gang were shouting and swearing.
I ended up having to pick her up and carry her away she was that scared.
Its disgusting and not getting any better.
Surely there is something the council and police can do to get these people out of the town centre or any where else for that matter.

Reply Posted by liz on Saturday November 2 2013 at 17:33
the police lock them up and the courts let them off with a fine its all about revenue and should be made to do litter picking or paint fencers and court should work with police and council as a team not keep letting scum like this off.prison doesnt work this lad as only just got out of prison for beating lad up on bus and pinishing his phone.people like this should have their benefit stoped. if all these idiots who hang about town all day can make evert to go about in gangs drunk or druged up in town making all the inncent people feel intimadate they cant be looking for work.make them work for their benefit even if its voluntary or made to join the army why are they allowed money for doing nothing

Reply Posted by Sid on Sunday November 3 2013 at 16:15
Couldnt knok a fly off a monkeys foreskin.

Reply Posted by T on Monday November 4 2013 at 20:11
Haha I enjoyed that one Sid!

Reply Posted by barnsley bob on Monday November 4 2013 at 09:32
its barnsley so its well known for its smackheads and alcoholics.barnsley is a disgrace.

Reply Posted by KymH on Monday November 4 2013 at 09:44
It's not just barnsley with smack heads it's everywhere, I'm proud to be from barnsley but not proud of part of the people.

Reply Posted by Darkraven on Monday November 4 2013 at 13:44
Hey, leave him alone. I've known Andy all my life and he's been through a lot and I'm not surprised by it. He's a great man who would have done anything for his kid. He's one where you can't judge a book by it's cover. He has a golden heart. Just his life has twisted him greatly.

Reply Posted by T on Monday November 4 2013 at 20:07
Get violins out.

Reply Posted by paul on Monday November 4 2013 at 13:58
@Darkraven...we all have some sort of problems,as an adult you have a duty to behave.sadly if your friend wants to act like a kn@b then im afraid he deserve everything he gets!!!

Reply Posted by Mik on Monday November 4 2013 at 18:16
WELL IM NOT BIN FUNNY BUT IF I HAD BIN IN TOWN I HE WOULD HAVE NEED STICHERS ANYWAY COZ I WOULD HAVE TWATED HIM MI SEN

Reply Posted by Mik on Monday November 4 2013 at 18:41